+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: warfront pvp showing how melee rogue are not on par with Warriors, thx Addiction

Rift Disciple

Default warfront pvp showing how melee rogue are not on par with Warriors, thx Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIrgjtcNdL0

how about a group full of bullrushing ae ing warriors taking out whole groups ?

that is why i dont like pvp video's and they should be moderated, it only shows the good side of things not the bad side

now we have rogue and warrior video on forum, portraying something that could be misunderstood, similar to how these rogue video's portray only the good side of things.

getting people all flared up at classes for the wrong reasons.

btw i can show a different video, where you could say the same thing about mages ae ing the snot out of teams, all these videos show the same thing, one angle of a class /the good things not the bad, which lead to all sorts of assumptions, that can escalate into anything

here are some quote's that seem to understand what i am trying to do with my post (since it isnt trying to nerf or this class is better thread) misunderstandings/misconceptions are easily made with these kinds of video/compilations that show sometimes only awesome sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viker View Post
    It's pretty sad that videos like these cause a lot more whine posts and balance threads than entertainment.

It's meant to show the good sides of the classes and everyone should know that already.

If you think something is imba because you see it in a video you really need to ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    i dont think you got the idea of the thread.

ehh ...?
    it clearly shows, although not the intention of the thread if i read correctly, that warriors can dish out extreme damage in cordinated or uncordinated groups, they also have the survivability where clearly rogue's lack when they use a dps soul.

clearly threads like these are meaningless, as the op is trying to tell you !

a mathematician can give you a 100 examples of how any number can be positive then says, see i am right !

the same thing happens when you show a video of a rogue/mage/warrior/priest compile only the good things and try and make a point to the community.

these attemps to glorify or sneakily try to nerf a class by doing so is junk to the community and if i had a say in it, moderators need to step in , delete posts and tell them to go to youtube if they want to watch video's.
    they do not belong on these forums ,because they only add misconception to the community of rift , then a witch hunt of misconceptions.

video's that are moderated and approved of developers that do not hold any meaning other then inform/stimulate the community
    in a positive way should be the only ones on the trion rift forums, the same goes with false assuming propegating threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    I'm going to make a video of me killing rabbits and ****. People will be all like, "Look at that OP rogue one-shotting ****".
    Last edited by naniyo; 01-19-2011 at 04:02 AM.

I didn't watch the whole video, and it may be that the rogue doesn't do as well, but there are many reasons why that would be.

There are going to be a LOT of videos over the next few years of people putting up a rogue to compare against a warrior. The problem of course is that some builds are far worse for pvp than others. We have no idea what their builds are in these videos, so how could we judge?

Rift Disciple

yes i agree, that is why i dislike video's which only show classes from one angle

i dont like nerf class threads either for the same reasons

developers and moderators need to work together to stop these posts before the whole community starts to get the wrong idea about certain archetypes which lead to doom threads which work counter productive to solutions and just escalate in the wrong direction.

Telaran

only thing this video shows me is a guild group with dedicated healers beats a pug group of random class's

NEWS AT 11!!!

-punt

Rift Disciple

i dont think you got the idea of the thread.

ehh ...?
    it clearly shows, although not the intention of the thread if i read correctly, that warriors can dish out extreme damage in cordinated or uncordinated groups, they also have the survivability where clearly rogue's lack when they use a dps soul.

clearly threads like these are meaningless, as the op is trying to tell you !

a mathematician can give you a 100 examples of how any number can be positive then says, see i am right !

the same thing happens when you show a video of a rogue/mage/warrior/priest compile only the good things and try and make a point to the community.

these attemps to glorify or sneakily try to nerf a class by doing so is junk to the community and if i had a say in it, moderators need to step in , delete posts and tell them to go to youtube if they want to watch video's.
    they do not belong on these forums ,because they only add misconception to the community of rift , then a witch hunt of misconceptions.

video's that are moderated and approved of developers that do not hold any meaning other then inform/stimulate the community
    in a positive way should be the only ones on the trion rift forums, the same goes with false assuming propegating threads.

These videos show that Warriors when supported by healers are devastating.
    These videos show that Rogues when 1v1 are devastating.

New and exciting information.

Rea

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    These videos show that Warriors when supported by healers are devastating.
    These videos show that Rogues when 1v1 are devastating.

New and exciting information.
    you didnt understand what the TE intended to show

warrior did huge dmg
    rogue did low dmg

thats what you can see
    if you add logic you would understand the difference in survivability

The damage that warriors can dish out is totally insane, the AoE attack that crits about 6 mins in and almost takes out about 5 players with all the added bleeds etc.

Melee rogues and dps warriors isnt even a contest with some of the numbers that you can see in that vid

Given the rogues lack of survivability compared with warriors they must have higher dps for the sake of balance but looking at that vid again just shows how poor melee rogues are in comparison.

I have a 27 warrior also and tbh it does feel almost unkillable in battlegrounds compared to playing my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by naniyo View Post

that is why i dont like pvp video's and they should be moderated, it only shows the good side of things not the bad side

now we have rogue and warrior video on forum, portraying something that could be misunderstood, similar to how these rogue video's portray only the good side of things.

btw i can show a different video, where you could say the same thing about mages ae ing the snot out of teams, all these videos show the same thing, one angle of a class /the good things not the bad, which lead to all sorts of assumptions, that can escalate into anything
    I agree that Rogues have their downside. However, I was usually 1rst or 2nd behind Nezix in killing blows, and 2-3 on damage. Rogues do a lot of burst, but Warriors do a lot of damage due to AOEs. He was always first on overall damage. BTW, I play Assassin.
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 01-18-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    I agree that Rogues have their downside. However, I was usually 1rst or 2nd behind Nezix in killing blows, and 2-3 on damage. Rogues do a lot of burst, but Warriors do a lot of damage due to AOEs. He was always first on overall damage. BTW, I play Assassin.
    That vid showed alot of burst damage as well, with the added benefit of not having crap energy regen so it was spammable.
    Last edited by Eltharas; 01-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntyer View Post
    only thing this video shows me is a guild group with dedicated healers beats a pug group of random class's

NEWS AT 11!!!

-punt
    This ^

There's also mage's probably debuffing them and buffing their teammates like crazy (if they got an archon) and dominator's can do wondrous things to a small group of enemies (aoe silence or stun and tons of debuffs/CC)

Gotta remember this is all at level 27 as well.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Quote Originally Posted by Eltharas View Post
    That vid showed alot of burst damage as well, with the added benefit of not having crap energy regen so it was spammable.
    Well, Warriors.....He does hit hard. But, I think I have more utility. I blind healers, stun, snare.
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 01-18-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

Ascendant

If anything this video just demonstrates how ****ing broken that racial is.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by naniyo View Post

What classes are this? What this build looks like?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    If anything this video just demonstrates how ****ing broken that racial is.
    He was not using the racial ability most times.

If u played the warrior class there is a skill giving u a 100% crit chance every 1 min for one ability, thats what he used in the video most times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast