+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank build.

Default Tank build.

Just wanting some thoughts.

Link here.

RIFT Community Ambassador

looks like a stable build. why did you go with only 2 souls though rather than spread out to 3?
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Default Problem

I'm ofc not entirely sure, as it might be to early, but there is a problem with the warlord combi, as there "aura's" only work for 15 sec, meaning that you need to refreash it every 2nd rotation. This will have an effect on your treat, as you won't be able too use a finisher. So it might be a good off tank build, that gives the raid an excellent buff.

Check the Pure Tank thread, there are several tank builds.

well, a few things I would point out:

-you want to get VK for the 0 point spell reduction
    -you have neither of the shield buffs, yet you put 3 points into graceful under pressure (+6% hit), when 1 point would net you 5% block ant 10% hit
    -you skipped your 10 point stun from the palidin tree, which is your only single target stun (and the only stun until you hit level 30)
    -you got disarm in the warlord tree when you already get a disarm which is uneffected by global cooldown in the palidin tree
    -without commanding presence, call to aid (and the other similar warlord buffs) are all pretty bad finishers, and dont last long enough, commanding presence doubles their duration

I'd be more inclined to do something like this

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...nts=0&lang=eng

which is basically just a fix on the stuff I said
    [COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers[/COLOR]

Insightful comments. I of course have yet to be in the beta, hoping to get in next week.
    I guess it comes down to really playing the classes and figuring it out.
    Most of this was just my educated guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by shredR View Post
    well, a few things I would point out:

-you want to get VK for the 0 point spell reduction
    -you have neither of the shield buffs, yet you put 3 points into graceful under pressure (+6% hit), when 1 point would net you 5% block ant 10% hit
    -you skipped your 10 point stun from the palidin tree, which is your only single target stun (and the only stun until you hit level 30)
    -you got disarm in the warlord tree when you already get a disarm which is uneffected by global cooldown in the palidin tree
    -without commanding presence, call to aid (and the other similar warlord buffs) are all pretty bad finishers, and dont last long enough, commanding presence doubles their duration

I'd be more inclined to do something like this

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...nts=0&lang=eng

which is basically just a fix on the stuff I said
    just realized you chose VK , im guessing for the 0 point Void Ability ?

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Ludis View Post
    just realized you chose VK , im guessing for the 0 point Void Ability ?
    that would be why.

once you actually get in things tend to change alot. i know for a fact my marksman has been respec'd 5 times already between beta3 and 4 just because theorycraft and real game are two completely different things.
    just as a for instance... you could go 30 somethin points into 2 trees, or even 50 somethin points in one tree. how useful is it though? how much do you lose in the points you coulda put elsewhere?

its not that things are unplayable its they may fit better in some other way.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 01-18-2011 at 04:00 AM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Guess I will just have to see when I get there hehe. After testing dungeons and such I'm sure I will know what I need to put into what.
    Last edited by Ludis; 01-18-2011 at 04:05 AM.

I would go for this for MTing during raids and dungeons in general.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...17,5_&lang=eng

What you get:

1. Increased block capability by collecting skills from 2 different souls: Paladin (aggresive block and stalwart shield) and Warlord (defensive experience). In effect this means greater chance to get reactive abilities poping up constantly during a fight, especialy retaliation which is a great way to build aggro.
    2. Having both Pacifying Strike (Paladin) applied on a mob and Imbued Armor (Reaver), tank starts with an awesome 10% less received damage, before even armor starts to kick in.
    3. Reaver's Necrotic Wounds is an amazing way to pull without using Charge or Taunts or the ******ed no-threat generating gun of yours.
    4. 3 (YES 3!!!!) different taunts: Shield Throw (Paladin), Sergeant's Command(Warlord), Grim Lure(Reaver) with 8 secs CD. Practically meaning that you will never be out of taunt.
    5. Incredible AoE tanking capability: Sweeping Strike and Paladin Judgement from Paladin. Vicious Cleave and Concusion from Reaver AND the aoe threat and slow as well which comes from Weakening Essence. If that is not enough to aoe tanking capability then pop in Paladin's Reprisal and Light's Decree and aoe tank forever.
    6. Paladin Devotion and Tempered Will gets you out of practically every cc ability in game. No more fear, squirel, slow, stun or root. Get back to tanking asap.
    7. Revert Protection is an AoE bubble... nothing more to add here.
    8. Lay on Hands cause a ******ed healer will always be a ******ed healer.
    9. A full buff bar with aoe endurance buff, +hit chance self buff, + block self buff, +armor buff, reducing hit aura and an incredible damage mitigation/threat generation combo that comes with an active reaver binding and crest of the abyss.

What you dont get:

Pretty much no anti magic tanking but then just swith to Void Knight for that encounter...
    Forau / Dingly -- Paladin / Cleric combo Fennin Ro
    Forau / Misericord -- Hunter / Warrior combo Arathor
    Forau / Misericord -- Shadow Warrior / Knight of the Blazing Sun combo War Online
    Forau / Dingly -- Paladin / Cleric combo VG
    2 boxing is like time... nothing can stop it.

Default What about pure Reaverdin?

Here..
    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...nts=0&lang=eng

From maxing Reaver, you get additional aoe threat and dot from Creeping Death, some kind of dmg mitigation from Crippling Infestation and Wasting Away and Tempered Will should come in handy..

The root unlocks an additional taunt (Incite).

Paladin gives you additional threat generation plus stun ability on successful block (Paladin's Reprisal), you also get a life return with Tip the Balance.

I dropped Shield of the Chosen since I'd rather have hit% (Shield of the Hero), as for Reverent Protection... well that's the healer's job
    The Reaver's Tempered Will kinda works as an Improved Paladin's Devotion ("kinda"), but for 1 pt less.
    And btw I'm guessing not choosing Hardened Will will suck but... meh..
    Last edited by Maleficient; 01-18-2011 at 05:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread