+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator/chloromancer/elementalist possible level 30 pve build

Default Dominator/chloromancer/elementalist possible level 30 pve build

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...16,5_&lang=eng

I'm shooting for the more of a off healer/dps combo style build for more flexibility for rifting. On my beta toon I went elementalist instead of stormcaller which I'm kind of kicking myself for... because I only have a self restore as elementalist where as with stormcaller the 2nd tier gives a group wide on use. But yes this is the build I choose to go with for testing purposes, don't feel like re-rolling a already decently geared toon :P feedback is welcome.

Projected build for level 50:

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...16,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by Adrianamor; 01-17-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    The scientific term for your condition is.. 'Riftdrawals'.

That build linked is Dominator/Stormcaller/Elementalist
    50 Adequate - Seastone - Cleric - Defiant
    50 Adequate - Laethys - Mage - Guardian

Fixed the link, it was still showing my old build link.

At LvL30 you get more than 30 tree points. You should have 40 points.

Quote Originally Posted by adeQuaTe View Post
    At LvL30 you get more than 30 tree points. You should have 40 points.
    I was basing it off what level my 2nd mage is in game, not actual points at 30, so yes you are right about that but in theory I'm going almost full chloro before filling out elemental/dominator. I'll go ahead and finish out the projected build for 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianamor View Post
    I was basing it off what level my 2nd mage is in game, not actual points at 30, so yes you are right about that but in theory I'm going almost full chloro before filling out elemental/dominator. I'll go ahead and finish out the projected build for 50.

sorry, I was confused then. The title of the thread was " Dominator/chloromancer/elementalist possible level 30 pve build " carry on.

Prophet of Telara

The only thing I'd say about it, is that for rifting and bosses in particular, you'll have trouble with mana (and also charge if you're going all out, which you'll want to be) because your main source is the Ele Revitalise ability which is only out of combat.

I had a similar build at the end of the last beta - and found that I fairly swiftly ran out of mana and charge was difficult but less so... and when you're healing the tank in a big long rift boss encounter, you can't just run out of the encounter to try to use revitalise and get back in. First thing I'm doing when I get back into game is getting my Warlock soul sorted... because I'd recommend Warlock for 6 points instead, giving you 25% extra charge gain and the sacrifice ability for 15% mana regain. You'll find that you heal your HP just by playing the chloro element - but I've put the extra point into Improving life leech, for a nice little extra bit of top-up healing for yourself if you decide to spam the sacrifice a bit. In your projected build, you'll be relying on the Dom Mana Wrench to provide in combat mana... but it's not as good as the Warlock one imho. It'll help out some of course... but Warlock is the cleanest for mana regen at only 6 points and has the added benefit of giving you the extra Charge regain aswell, which is awesome.

If you really want to go with Dom, then I'd suggest that for rifts, getting the AoE silence on the Dom is more important than reducing the coo-down on your soul tether. And I'd definitely take 1 pt out of Nature's Corrosion to get Essence Surge's 100% hail Mary heal.... and then for my money you can take everything out of Nature's Corrosion and put the extra 2 pts into Destructive Growth which increases all damage done to everything in an AoE, all of which should have Radiant Spores on them because of your Phytosenesis, so you'll be healing everybody in the raid for more as they'll all be doing 10% more damage which is a big overall damage and heal gain across the raid for just 2 points.

So overall, maybe something more like this if you're not going Warlock?

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 01-18-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    The only thing I'd say about it, is that for rifting and bosses in particular, you'll have trouble with mana (and also charge if you're going all out, which you'll want to be) because your main source is the Ele Revitalise ability which is only out of combat.

I had a similar build at the end of the last beta - and found that I fairly swiftly ran out of mana... and when you're healing the tank in a big long rift boss encounter, you can't just run out of the encounter to try to use revitalise and get back in. First thing I'm doing when I get back into game is getting my Warlock soul sorted... because I'd recommend Warlock for 6 points instead, giving you 25% extra charge gain and the sacrifice ability for 15% mana regain. You'll find that you heal your HP just by playing the chloro element - but I've put the extra point into Improving life leech, for a nice little extra bit of top-up healing for yourself if you decide to spam the sacrifice a bit.

In your projected build, you'll be relying on the Dom Mana Wrench to provide in combat mana... but it's not as good as the Warlock one imho. It'll help out some of course... but Warlock is the cleanest for mana regen at only 6 points and has the added benefit of giving you the extra Charge regain aswell, which is awesome. If you really want to go with Dom, then I'd suggest that for rifts, getting the AoE silence on the Dom is more important than reducing the coo-down on your soul tether. And I'd definitely take 1 pt out of Nature's Corrosion to get Essence Surge.

X
    I'm picking up dom for raid comp mainly for my guild purposes, but I may end up going archon/ warlock in place of elementalists at 50, that's why I posted this build to get some feedback on elementalist. The more and more I sit here and fiddle with soul planner the more archon/warlock appeal to me than dominator elementalist lol.

Prophet of Telara

Apologies for some late editing to the previous one... you may want to check out the end there, where I point out some other changes to your Dom build.

Yup Warlock - and then also Archon, is a nice option for raids alongside chloro. You do lose the pet then of course, which may affect your solo levelling a bit. You don't have an enormous amount of DPS obviously with Chloro as your main, so having a tank to hold some attention would be handy, even if it's a 0 pt pet. But if you're in a guild then you might get more groups which would off-set that too.

X

Soulwalker

Your 30 point build has no in combat mana regeneration, if you're going to be doing dungeons then you need Warlock soul for lifetap as others have stated. At level 30 where you have 40 points you can switch over to Storm Caller and put 12 points into that for the Improved Recharge, which is 15% mana regen for the whole group.

Your level 50 build you don't get the 31 point talent in Chloromancer, why? It's an instant cast full heal, that reduces magic damage done to you by 50% for 12 seconds. Drop a point from Soul Tether, if you're wiping more than once in a 5 minute time, then the group composition or strategy was probably flawed, a 30 second reduction probably won't make or break that.

Prophet of Telara

Just a note on Stormcaller's recharge - it's certainly an excellent option, though taking a few more points than the Warlock's life tap ability (you need 12 points to get to the fully improved one). It's excellent for Raids because if you're in a raid, then you deliver it to everybody... and since you're looking at guild rifting, you'll be more likely to be in a raid. It does run over quite a long time though - but you can still cast/move while it's running.

But it's 12 points and the Lock 6pt Sacrifice can be spammed a bit, to give much more mana, more quickly. The 6 points in Lock also give you that 25% extra charge gain on every spell - and you'll enjoy that a great deal as a Chloro.

There's pros and cons to either build really... but you may want to go for the Stormcaller end-game - just because you plan to do more guild rifting/grouping and the SC's recharge is raid-wide benefit.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 01-18-2011 at 04:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread