+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Critique this Paragon DPS/ PvP build

Default Critique this Paragon DPS/ PvP build

The Paragon/Champion/Paladin build:
    http://rift.dev.zam.com/cluster/stc....ezcuhzso.VxV0o
    Edit:
    And because some people are having trouble with ZAM's soul builder, here's another link to my original build:
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...20,5_&lang=eng

What this build does:
    Paragon:
    +10% Damage with Dual Wield
    Increase to Parry and Dodge
    +30 Attack Power after successful parry/ dodge
    Increase critical hit chance
    Ignore Armor 5%
    Huge damage skills

Champion:
    +15% Strength
    +10% Damage to Abilities that consume Attack Points
    +15% Damage to Abilities that generate Attack Points
    Stun and Fear skills for PvP

Paladin:
    +10% Armor
    +10% Damage with 1-h weapons (dual wield)
    +15% Endurance
    Stun skill for PvP

Summary:
    Basically, with this build your character has their damage ramped up to the max. If played right, with certain abilities, has the possibility of doing a 190% critical with a 145% auto-attack damage PLUS 30 attack power. All the while, increased parry chance, increases to armor and Endurance provide a shell of defense.

Two possible variations I am on the fence about:
    1. Switch Champion with Warlord Soul for greater armor and dodge chance (which will lead to a great chance to get +30 AP).
    2. Sacrifice Champion's stun and fear abilities for Paladins bubble shield.

Please critique this build! I need some advice, should I sacrifice some offensive spells for more defense or what?
    Last edited by Cheeb; 01-18-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Trying to Install RIFT on Linux? Read my guide! Here:http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ith-Winetricks

"I don't use drugs, I am drugs."

I never considered Small Arms Spec for a Paragon. Interesting.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post
    One of the finer points of this build. Good eye.
    Trying to Install RIFT on Linux? Read my guide! Here:http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ith-Winetricks

Is this for solo PvP? If so, looks good.

If not... well, do your clerics suck or something?

Quote Originally Posted by nezitx View Post
    Is this for solo PvP? If so, looks good.

If not... well, do your clerics suck or something?
    Well it's my personal philosophy to not depend on others, Clerics aren't always going to be there and even if they are it doesn't guarantee you a heal.

But maybe I'm wrong, people seem to play Clerics a lot, I have yet a chance to get some gameplay experience but it seems they are a popular class. But yes, It's geared for solo PvP. But now you've got me doubting I need to specc it for solo. What would you suggest for a group PvP build? Spec more into Champion? Possibly switch Paladin for Reaver?

Also, does anyone have a good warrior leveling build? Maybe Paragon/Beast Master/*Blank*?
    Last edited by Cheeb; 01-17-2011 at 10:50 PM.

I'm bumping this just because I need some constructive criticism.

Rift Disciple

Combat Precision is weak, 5% armor is only a couple of percent actual damage. I'd much rather see a couple of points transferred to Champion's Ruthless Pursuit and Lingering Wounds for PvP. Would also give you Slayer's Bearing & Leg Sweep.

Is that calculator buggy, or am I missing something? It won't let me remove more than one point from Combat Precision, but you should be able to free up 4 pts and still make it up to the top of the tree, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkus View Post
    Combat Precision is weak, 5% armor is only a couple of percent actual damage. I'd much rather see a couple of points transferred to Champion's Ruthless Pursuit and Lingering Wounds for PvP. Would also give you Slayer's Bearing & Leg Sweep.

Is that calculator buggy, or am I missing something? It won't let me remove more than one point from Combat Precision, but you should be able to free up 4 pts and still make it up to the top of the tree, no?
    So you mean something like this:

http://rift.dev.zam.com/cluster/stc....ezsuhzso.VxV0o

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeb View Post
    +30 Attack Power after successful parry/ dodge
    You get 30 Power back, like Energy the Rogue would get. Not Attack Power.

Shadowlander

Am I doing something wrong? No links from this Calculator are working for me. Using Chrome, anyone else having the same problem.

EDIT: I've tested in Firefox and IE (I know!) and the links don't work in those browsers either.

PS. can we go back to rift-planner.com everything about it was better; tooltips were quicker, links actually worked, more data on skills, and only slightly more out of date than this one.
    Last edited by kransky; 01-18-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kransky View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? No links from this Calculator are working for me. Using Chrome, anyone else having the same problem.

PS. can we go back to rift-planner.com everything about it was better; tooltips were quicker, links actually worked, more data on skills, and only slightly more out of date than this one.
    Can I humbly suggest that you attempt to use a different browser?

(I have Chrome which I am using right now, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari all loaded on my machine. Every once in a while I will find that in order to see something others are looking at on the net, I get a better experience with a browser other than Chrome.)

(In response to your edit, I have no clue what the issue is for you. This site is linking fine for me, sorry.)
    Last edited by Corwynn_Maelstrom; 01-18-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Shadowlander

Can I humbly suggest that you attempt to use a different browser?

(I have Chrome which I am using right now, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari all loaded on my machine. Every once in a while I will find that in order to see something others are looking at on the net, I get a better experience with a browser other than Chrome.)

(In response to your edit, I have no clue what the issue is for you. This site is linking fine for me, sorry.)
    You just missed my edit, but I've also tried IE, Firefox and now I've tried Opera too and none of them show the builds, they bring up the page with the 3 correct souls but with no points assigned. It's definitely buggier than rift-planner.com at the moment, unfortunately.

EDIT: It's not just your links, of course, haven't got any joy from it at all...i'm not signed in to ZAM and I'm in Australia...don't know if that's the problem.
    Last edited by kransky; 01-18-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kransky View Post
    You just missed my edit, but I've also tried IE, Firefox and now I've tried Opera too and none of them show the builds, they bring up the page with the 3 correct souls but with no points assigned. It's definitely buggier than rift-planner.com at the moment, unfortunately.
    Yeah, and hopefully things will clear up in the near future on all of the sites so it won't matter who links them from where.

This thread is now about browser problems. Lol, back to topic! (Also, I'm using a different soul planner now, hope that helps!)

Quote Originally Posted by Perkus View Post

Sooo, like this?
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...20,5_&lang=eng

That actually makes the build a lot better. I got rid of Combat Precision and Serenity because:
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTEROTH View Post
    You get 30 Power back, like Energy the Rogue would get. Not Attack Power.
    I was under the impression that it stacked Attack Power, which would have been awesome! But instead I nixed that and added Ruthless Pursuit and Lingering wounds, which originally I wanted to add but didn't think I had room to sacrifice anything. Thanks!

Is there anything else I could get rid of to possibly train the Paladin Bubble Reverent Protection? Or should I save that for a leveling/ solo PvE version?
    Last edited by Cheeb; 01-18-2011 at 11:51 AM.

One other interesting thing to note about picking up that passive is that I believe it is PER weapon... So if you are carrying a 1h weapon in EACH hand you get 10% more damage applied to EACH weapon when it strikes.. Not just a round about addition like the paragon passive.. It is a very good "win-win" passive and for those who don't mind sacrificing a little more "utility" based DPS from a soul like Riftblade or Beastmaster, it is an "important" passive to have..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast