+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Soul Tree -- NightBlade/Marksan/Ranger

Soulwalker

Default My Soul Tree -- NightBlade/Marksan/Ranger

As you can see my soul tree layout here:

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

I'm not totally set on nightblade and a ranger, but i do feel ill lvl a Marksman for sure, but the extra ranger abilities will sure help.

As you can see, I'm all about the range, and the nightblade gives me the perks i need for close encounters. Most of the skills will totally dominate the target(s) at range. If close encounters happen, I have great nightblade attacks which can either finish off the target(s) or get me far back enough for range.

I'm not saying i carefully put every point where it should be, but how do you feel about this skill point load out??

UPDATE: Main purpose is PvE to lvl up, and then PvEvP / Rifts...im looking for a good overall balance, if i strict to PvP then ill move more things to PvP, but for now to start, just want a great balance

Thanks!
    Last edited by MarkLIVE; 01-17-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Soulwalker

Im thinking about losing the ranger and getting riftstalker...with the extra armor / attk perks, they can become handy!

Soulwalker

Ive been on this soul tree planner for hours...lol, very addicting. Just sucks we have to wait till the game launches to test it all :P but soon enough

What's the purpose of the build. Can't help till ya tell us.

Well, first question i'd have to ask. Is it for PvP or PvE?

I've got to say though, after a brief glance over it that you're lacking... focus.

I'm still not sure what you're trying to do exactly but a quick shifting around with the souls your using gives me http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng Still, i'd probarbly take more out of nightblade myself.

Soulwalker

UPDATE SOUL TREE:

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,3_&lang=eng

What do you guys think of this one? I'm digging this one, but probably exchange the sin for the nightblade though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Blinks View Post
    Well, first question i'd have to ask. Is it for PvP or PvE?

I've got to say though, after a brief glance over it that you're lacking... focus.

I'm still not sure what you're trying to do exactly but a quick shifting around with the souls your using gives me http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng Still, i'd probarbly take more out of nightblade myself.
    You taking out some of the skills of the nightblade makes my mele a little less, only really gives me like 2-3 attks. And im not gonna be in stealth when using a marksman, pve i MIGHT use stealth and close range 1st, but will have to play w/ the skills to make sure i can get back in time to use my power range skills. But I want to start in range and possibly end in range, mele is basically last resort and to use stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLIVE View Post
    You taking out some of the skills of the nightblade makes my mele a little less, only really gives me like 2-3 attks. And im not gonna be in stealth when using a marksman, pve i MIGHT use stealth and close range 1st, but will have to play w/ the skills to make sure i can get back in time to use my power range skills. But I want to start in range and possibly end in range, mele is basically last resort and to use stealth.
    So the build is for pve?

Soulwalker

Balance...mostly PvE (for lvling) and rift's. But has some nice PvP moves as well, but not solo-PvP...as in, Im not gearing myself w/ this tree and going to their side to kill kill kill all day long, im talking mostly like small little groups of PvP in areas that are effecting my questing :P but then again, wouldnt mind taking a quick 30 mins break and killing some NEWb's as well.

If this is a leveling spec, why not try Marks/Ran/Sin. This build will give you a tank pet that will last you right until 50 (pets have a level cap, somewhere in the mid 20s apperently) You can still play this build with Marks as your main rotation, just use quick shot to activate a bleed where necessary (talented to give pet additional damage vs bleeding targets) and headshot your first 5 combo points to give you 100% buff rate for 24 seconds. Your pet also gives you more damage when it crits.

Unless the assassin talents dont have synergy with ran / mark (most abilities dont specify, and I have yet to test, if the crit boosts affect both melee / range) I would use it over dancer for solo, since the pet should be tanking, and you have quite a bit of other utility to keep things at range.

Just my 2 cents, but the beauty of Rift is the ability to play how you want, it may not be the strongest build, but if you have fun with it while solo / leveling, thats what matters. You can always build something a bit stronger for grouping after.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mandwa View Post
    If this is a leveling spec, why not try Marks/Ran/Sin. This build will give you a tank pet that will last you right until 50 (pets have a level cap, somewhere in the mid 20s apperently) You can still play this build with Marks as your main rotation, just use quick shot to activate a bleed where necessary (talented to give pet additional damage vs bleeding targets) and headshot your first 5 combo points to give you 100% buff rate for 24 seconds. Your pet also gives you more damage when it crits.

Unless the assassin talents dont have synergy with ran / mark (most abilities dont specify, and I have yet to test, if the crit boosts affect both melee / range) I would use it over dancer for solo, since the pet should be tanking, and you have quite a bit of other utility to keep things at range.

Just my 2 cents, but the beauty of Rift is the ability to play how you want, it may not be the strongest build, but if you have fun with it while solo / leveling, thats what matters. You can always build something a bit stronger for grouping after.
    Will my pet hold aggro?? Cause I really dont want to kite all over the place

Balance...mostly PvE (for lvling) and rift's. But has some nice PvP moves as well, but not solo-PvP...as in, Im not gearing myself w/ this tree and going to their side to kill kill kill all day long, im talking mostly like small little groups of PvP in areas that are effecting my questing :P but then again, wouldnt mind taking a quick 30 mins break and killing some NEWb's as well.
    Ahh, right then.

Okay.

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

Nightblade

5 points go into nightblade for blazing fury. +25 energy on a full point finisher is utterly worth the 5 points as anything to keep the rogue energy neutral or even hopefully positive is not to be ignored.

5 further points go into Coup de Grace to make the finishers even more worthwhile and that's the extent of our adventures in nightblade. Also picks up stealth as well, just for kicks.

Ranger
    Likely to be the bigger point hog out of the three in all honesty. i'm not going to explain all of the why's and why not of the talents i've picked bar a few highlights.
    You want at least 24 points spent into the soul to pick up greater razorbeast. The normal razorbeast stops levelling at about lvl 24 and so you need the greater version to keep having your pve tank.
    Opportunity is excellent for a number of reasons, not the least of which is it helps make sure we've always got bestial fury's damage buff going. Also synergies very nicely with blazing fury.

Marksman
    Tricky really, a lot of the abilities here are redundant because of so many points spent in ranger but there's still a fair few choice tricks to pick up.

master archer goes very well with doubleshot
    Increased fire power synergies nicely with all the criting ranger should be helping you do.
    And penetrating shots...well.. that's fairly obvious.
    Last edited by Blinks; 01-17-2011 at 11:22 PM.

It should from what I've read, but I have yet to test it personally, as well as the beta only going to 30, its hard to say how well the pet will hold in the 30-50 range. But even if not, and you start having problems with pulling from the pet, take 1 point from double shot (ranger soul) and put it into Crippling Shot (ranger soul). If the target peels from your pet, hit it with Crippling shot, if it makes it to you, you have Malicious Strike ( Assassin soul 12 point root ability) to snare 70%, followed by Point Blank Shot (Marks soul). Should be more than enough time to kill any equal level target, especially with all your bleeds ticking away, pet still hitting the mob, etc. But again, I have not tested this personally, and am just going by the soul trees for an educated guess right now.

Soulwalker

I would prefer to use 1 point for "on the double" (marksman)...that 70% speed could be super useful when trying to get away from mele classes or mele mobs or just trying to g t f o of anywhere...lol. 70% can put me 30m easy again for serious range damage to the target. And would use another point for the 2nd stage of it, so i cant be rooted
    Last edited by MarkLIVE; 01-17-2011 at 11:33 PM.

I would prefer to use 1 point for "on the double" (marksman)...that 70% speed could be super useful when trying to get away from mele classes or mele mobs or just trying to g t f o of anywhere...lol. 70% can put me 30m easy again for serious range damage to the target. And would use another point for the 2nd stage of it, so i cant be rooted
    Well, remove hasten call and put it in on the doube if you want. ! more point from master archer for the upgrade to on the double as well wouldn't go amiss.

Mostly though, there's no reason to even try and make a build for everything

By lvl 20+ you should have 3 roles to pick from and the fourth isn't far away. Make one role specially for PvP and one role Specially for PvE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast