+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Would this build work in PVP?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Cynsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default Would this build work in PVP?

    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...20,5_&lang=eng

    Thanks! It seems fairly good but i wonder if I am too spread out. Does anyone know if this game is like DAOC ? Where the higher you speced into a line the better the damage was from it: say you had 50 in Slash you might do 500 damage where are someone with 30 in the line using the same skill might do 300 damage.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Vadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    You need to tell us the purpose of the build. Pve solo/group, pvp solo/group/large scale etc.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynsar View Post
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...20,5_&lang=eng

    Thanks! It seems fairly good but i wonder if I am too spread out. Does anyone know if this game is like DAOC ? Where the higher you speced into a line the better the damage was from it: say you had 50 in Slash you might do 500 damage where are someone with 30 in the line using the same skill might do 300 damage.
    no damage does not scale with how many point you have in a tree like daoc or WAR.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Vadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    no damage does not scale with how many point you have in a tree like daoc or WAR.
    Actually it is like WAR. Instead of just adding points to a tree where it universally increases the effectiveness of skills, in Rift you are choosing what you improve (passive skills). It gives the illusion that every point counts, whereas in WAR you added points that kind of seemed pointless because you didn't get a skill from it.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 08:56 PM.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Cynsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Sorry will be group based as a trio: Myself, a very high heal spec cleric, and a champion based warrior. Those will be the main core will fill in more once find a guild or pugs

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Actually it is like WAR. Instead of just adding points to a tree where it universally increases the effectiveness of skills, in Rift you are choosing what you improve (passive skills). It gives the illusion that every point counts, whereas in WAR you added points that kind of seemed pointless because you didn't get a skill from it.
    its not like war. in war you gain 2% effectiveness per point spent in a tree on all abilities part of the tree.a 0 points paragons dual strike does the exact same damage as paragon who spent 51 points.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    its not like war. in war you gain 2% effectiveness per point spent in a tree on all abilities part of the tree.a 0 points paragons dual strike does the exact same damage as paragon who spent 51 points.
    Cool that was something I was actually wondering myself, especially considering many of the finishers are early on in the trees of some souls.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Vadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    its not like war. in war you gain 2% effectiveness per point spent in a tree on all abilities part of the tree.a 0 points paragons dual strike does the exact same damage as paragon who spent 51 points.
    I don't get what you mean. It is the same, just implemented differently. Instead of spending points nowhere, you just put them in passive skills instead of a universal passive buff. Technically it isn't the same, but it does the exact same thing.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Complication's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bonsall
    Posts
    518

    Default

    i dont get why you guys make soul trees with all the points spent, especially considering we can only test up to level 30.

    try using this one, at least it tells you what level you are at with the points your spending.

    then make a tree to test in beta 5. LEVEL 30

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Complication View Post
    i dont get why you guys make soul trees with all the points spent, especially considering we can only test up to level 30.

    try using this one, at least it tells you what level you are at with the points your spending.

    then make a tree to test in beta 5. LEVEL 30
    its called theorycrafting. ill be 50 in the time it took to go from b4-b5 so im not that concerned with builds pre 50.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts