+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would this build work in PVP?

Default Would this build work in PVP?

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...20,5_&lang=eng

Thanks! It seems fairly good but i wonder if I am too spread out. Does anyone know if this game is like DAOC ? Where the higher you speced into a line the better the damage was from it: say you had 50 in Slash you might do 500 damage where are someone with 30 in the line using the same skill might do 300 damage.

You need to tell us the purpose of the build. Pve solo/group, pvp solo/group/large scale etc.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cynsar View Post
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...20,5_&lang=eng

Thanks! It seems fairly good but i wonder if I am too spread out. Does anyone know if this game is like DAOC ? Where the higher you speced into a line the better the damage was from it: say you had 50 in Slash you might do 500 damage where are someone with 30 in the line using the same skill might do 300 damage.
    no damage does not scale with how many point you have in a tree like daoc or WAR.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    no damage does not scale with how many point you have in a tree like daoc or WAR.
    Actually it is like WAR. Instead of just adding points to a tree where it universally increases the effectiveness of skills, in Rift you are choosing what you improve (passive skills). It gives the illusion that every point counts, whereas in WAR you added points that kind of seemed pointless because you didn't get a skill from it.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Sorry will be group based as a trio: Myself, a very high heal spec cleric, and a champion based warrior. Those will be the main core will fill in more once find a guild or pugs

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Actually it is like WAR. Instead of just adding points to a tree where it universally increases the effectiveness of skills, in Rift you are choosing what you improve (passive skills). It gives the illusion that every point counts, whereas in WAR you added points that kind of seemed pointless because you didn't get a skill from it.
    its not like war. in war you gain 2% effectiveness per point spent in a tree on all abilities part of the tree.a 0 points paragons dual strike does the exact same damage as paragon who spent 51 points.

Shadowlander

its not like war. in war you gain 2% effectiveness per point spent in a tree on all abilities part of the tree.a 0 points paragons dual strike does the exact same damage as paragon who spent 51 points.
    Cool that was something I was actually wondering myself, especially considering many of the finishers are early on in the trees of some souls.

I don't get what you mean. It is the same, just implemented differently. Instead of spending points nowhere, you just put them in passive skills instead of a universal passive buff. Technically it isn't the same, but it does the exact same thing.

i dont get why you guys make soul trees with all the points spent, especially considering we can only test up to level 30.

try using this one, at least it tells you what level you are at with the points your spending.

then make a tree to test in beta 5. LEVEL 30

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Complication View Post
    i dont get why you guys make soul trees with all the points spent, especially considering we can only test up to level 30.

try using this one, at least it tells you what level you are at with the points your spending.

then make a tree to test in beta 5. LEVEL 30
    its called theorycrafting. ill be 50 in the time it took to go from b4-b5 so im not that concerned with builds pre 50.

+ Reply to Thread