+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riftstalkers & Other classes.

Default Riftstalkers & Other classes.

Can someone explain to me waht exactly a Rifstalker is? I'm told it is like a teleporting rogue, and that seems enjoyable.4

What classes/souls are enjoyable tanks? I'm not afraid to try anything out. Since we're in beta we all have to learn, right?
    Last edited by ashkir; 01-17-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Mainly a tank soul but can be used partially for DPS as well..(not in PvE though because of the high threat )

And yah they have the most mobility out of any class in the game pretty much.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Rift Chaser

Riftstalkers do have stalker phase which is a stance that reduces the threat they generate, but I would say they are situational dps at best. Much better at tanking.

For pvp riftstalker is better as a secondary soul for mdps for their planes shifiting abilities. In pve they're a good secondary soul for the tanking aspect where you'd pick up more of their survival skills. Paired with blade dancer for example for their aoe skills would be an awesome combo for pve. Solo anyway.

I really wish they would re-think the Riftstalker Soul..I truly enjoy the idea of a Rogue who can teleport up to 45meters,kick some ***,then teleport away when it gets sticky bouncing around the battlefield laying down some dps then jumping back to protect a healer or caster.

I am not quite sure why they decided to make it a Tank Soul in the Rogue tree seems to me that the Bladedancer soul would be better for Tanking as it is almost entirely a Defensive soul,through in some really good Threat builders and a taunt and you would have a Dual Wielding Tank who relies on his whirling blades to protect himself from attacks.

As it is still Beta I am hopefull they will switch out the Riftstalker and Bladedancer giving the Riftstalker back the idea of a Teleporting DPS.

I suppose it could be tweeked a bit,take something such as Nightblade as a primary then put enough points in Riftstalker for the teleports then switch to drop points into either Nightblade or Assassin.

Aengar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aengar View Post
    I really wish they would re-think the Riftstalker Soul..I truly enjoy the idea of a Rogue who can teleport up to 45meters,kick some ***,then teleport away when it gets sticky bouncing around the battlefield laying down some dps then jumping back to protect a healer or caster.

I am not quite sure why they decided to make it a Tank Soul in the Rogue tree seems to me that the Bladedancer soul would be better for Tanking as it is almost entirely a Defensive soul,through in some really good Threat builders and a taunt and you would have a Dual Wielding Tank who relies on his whirling blades to protect himself from attacks.

As it is still Beta I am hopefull they will switch out the Riftstalker and Bladedancer giving the Riftstalker back the idea of a Teleporting DPS.

I suppose it could be tweeked a bit,take something such as Nightblade as a primary then put enough points in Riftstalker for the teleports then switch to drop points into either Nightblade or Assassin.

Aengar.
    That's why I said it's best as a secondary soul. You can only take the tele abilities and add the tanking abilities if you want them.

How about the healer classes? Are there any that can teleport?

Or any other classes that can?

Rift Chaser

If you wanted to be melee dps I just kinda threw this together but it might give you a starting point. 3rd soul is optional.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...17,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by arcaid; 01-17-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashkir View Post
    How about the healer classes? Are there any that can teleport?

Or any other classes that can?
    Chloromancer/Pyromancer/X

Pyro has one teleport 11 points up in the branches, Flicker.

Edit: and there are a few warrior souls that have either a self teleport or a "teleport target to player".
    Last edited by Tristam_Izumi; 01-17-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by arcaid View Post
    If you wanted to be melee dps I just kinda threw this together but it might give you a starting point. 3rd soul is optional.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...17,5_&lang=eng
    That's more of a pve build. Imo anyway. Not bad for it though. It is borderline, needs some tweaking.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Try

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...18,5_&lang=eng

Though the points in the third soul are fairly optional.
    Last edited by Blinks; 01-17-2011 at 10:31 PM.

I believe the reason they have Riftstalkers as Tanks is because a high dps class with that much mobility would be fairly OP. Think about it, a Riftstalker using all his teleports and his memory/recall can move about 150 yards in 7-10 seconds or so with out reusing any of the abilities.

Oh look I ganked your healer that was behind your force, now I warp into the middle of your melee bunch and kill the healer hiding there, then notice you are hitting me so I warp off back behind my force for some heals; laughing all the way, then go right back out to do the same. Would be almost impossible to catch and with stun/root/snare immunity after warps you could just move from target to target ignoring attackers.

Are there any teleporting dps classes? Like a teleporting ranger?

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

If you cross spec into Riftstalker, any soul is a teleporter.

Cross-speccing into it is the only way to pick up the teleports, though.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinks View Post
    Try

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...18,5_&lang=eng

Though the points in the third soul are fairly optional.
    Here is one for a more PVE oriented approach.....Obviously use the assassin strikes to build the CPs(other than shadow assault) The crit effects will be huge on this one. And with all the shifts lots of free buffs..... Very ninja like.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast