+ Reply to Thread

Thread: possible warlock build?

Shadowlander

Question possible warlock build?

I havent been able to start beta yet so i have just been tinkering with a build for my warlock and would like some imput from any fellow locks.

I chose a warloc/necro/dom build which i think will maximize my death spells as well as enough regeneration and healing spells to be able to do well in pvp or pve as well as a little CC from the dominator soul.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...17,5_&lang=eng

Quote Originally Posted by Virade View Post
    I havent been able to start beta yet so i have just been tinkering with a build for my warlock and would like some imput from any fellow locks.

I chose a warloc/necro/dom build which i think will maximize my death spells as well as enough regeneration and healing spells to be able to do well in pvp or pve as well as a little CC from the dominator soul.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...17,5_&lang=eng
    I would drop Dominator because you are a Dotter and a pet class. If you squirrel someone and the travel back through a aoe path they will break poly.
    I understand the intelligence gain is nice but you can get that with another better soul choice.
    Example, Elementalist will give you another armor shield which when all said and done is better then 10% int.
    Example: your intelligence is 1000, 10% more is 100 more and I doun=bt will make much a difference with dots.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...16,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by P-51; 01-17-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Nice thing about Rift is that you can customize your character into something you think works or want to play. I have been playing with a Warlock / Dominator / StormCaller build. Now granted the suggested soul pairings for say a Dominator are Warlock and Necro. I thought the stormcaller soul looked intresting so went that route. In Beta 4 I started building this one. I did well in solo PvE. Could handle multiple mobs in PvE. Was actually more group friendly than I expected. And in PvP I did much better than I could have hoped. But level cap was 27 so still a bit early to really tell how well things work out later in the game.

The character I am building is more about keeping distance from the target and doing dmg on my terms. So I have a lot of counters and reactive options to provide myself with as many escapes as possible. Lets face it...as a clothy if a target is hitting you it is going to hurt. So if you can keep targets away from you, then your lifespan increases while your targets decreases.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...19,5_&lang=eng

This build has a lot of control options. Snares, Roots, Squirrel, Stuns, Knockbacks, Fear you name it. It also has reflective command to use against other casters as well as silences. So it will be my choice...keep melee away from me, and close distance on other casters to prevent them from being able to attack. Dots and over time heals come from the warlock tree. Direct Dmg and controls come from the StormCaller tree. Silences and mana drains from Dominator. There is some cross overs between each soul tree so I often have more than 1 option in the same CC Class. StormCaller gives me several CC options that are AoE.

Again my intent is to "crontrol" my target and minize my risks while dealing dmg on my own terms. Might not be the hardest hitting caster on the battlefield, but dots, DD's, instant casts, and the ability to control my targets ability to react or move gives me an edge that I think some people will over look
    Last edited by Datku; 01-17-2011 at 08:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread