+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Divide talents or specialize question

Soulwalker

Default Divide talents or specialize question

Was wondering, do all abilities at low level scale throughout career or do they become useless at higher level. If they scale normally I was thinking of dividing my points for souls 2/3....something like..

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...17,5_&lang=eng

Any thoughts welcome

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Ariok View Post
    Was wondering, do all abilities at low level scale throughout career or do they become useless at higher level. If they scale normally I was thinking of dividing my points for souls 2/3....something like..

Any thoughts welcome
    tank type cleric?

ya they, from what i have seen, just keep scaling. there is no abilites that you just go and buy.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

I played champ / reaver / paladin builds and every single ability kept scaling. You just buy new tomes each time.

They DO scale, but sometimes your supporting souls offer abilities that you use instead (or vice versa) just because they're better. Most people won't use all the abilities they have access to. I don't pay much mind to the rogue calling, but i'm sure it happens this way quite alot with combo point generators and finishers.

And it does happen for some buffs, like all the cleric buffs that increase your attack power/crit/hit by your spell power/spell crit/focus, PLUS another function..it may not be the buff from your primary soul that you prefer!

One last example is the Archon. If you take Elementalist as a secondary soul, you're probably gonna use the elementalist zero point nuke Crystaline Missiles over the archon zero pointer Pillaging Stone (you will use PS, but only as a debuffer).
    Last edited by RadioD; 01-18-2011 at 04:27 AM.
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by RadioD View Post
    They DO scale, but sometimes your supporting souls offer abilities that you use instead (or vice versa) just because they're better. Most people won't use all the abilities they have access to. I don't pay much mind to the rogue calling, but i'm sure it happens this way quite alot with combo point generators and finishers.
    i agree. right now (as of beta4) my solo spec was rang/mark/blade. i used almost all mark abilities with one or two ranger abilities, not counting the pet stuff. the ranger stuff was just woefully underpowered compared to mark because it was my secondary and didnt have as many points in the tree.

i intend to change my spec in beta5 but i dont see my abilities really changing up too much as marks will still be the main spec
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 01-18-2011 at 05:12 AM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Ariok View Post

Any thoughts welcome
    You buy rank ups for all of your skills throughout the game, so yah pretty much they scale.

Also for that build it seems pretty solid for PvP.
    Last edited by Korncob; 01-18-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Telaran

Just to be perfectly clear, Dual strike adds 7-9 damage, but this bonus scales? It's just that I'd expect the builders and other pages to include such information...

If I remember right there was a big discussion that the 0 point pets (from all callings) stop getting ranks/scaling around level 26-30 (don't remember).

If this is true than they will be usless at 50.

got my opinion on the subject ,but not going to start that again.
    Last edited by Gorezin; 01-18-2011 at 12:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread