+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which souls will be the underdogs (least played)?

Default Which souls will be the underdogs (least played)?

Bard?
    Dominator?

What ye think...
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

I don't think you'll really have any underdogs... Even if you don't have a soul as your main leveling soul, most people will have them in a utility spec for groups and raids.

http://www.dragonsyndicate.net/
    "Because Defiants are not waiting for a miracle. We are making one." -MissDoomcookie

Quote Originally Posted by Perennial View Post
    Bard?
    Dominator?

What ye think...
    All of the souls have specific uses. If you were to say that Dominator might not be as popular for soloing, then you're damn right! They just aren't quick at killing so it makes more sense to swap to something faster. However in groups I played my Dominator soul, sometimes as the main soul, frequently.

The same goes for Bard, Archon, Warden, on down the line. Each soul has a purpose and they will be used for specific purposes within the game.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

I'd have to disagree on Bards. I bet you'll see alot of rogues with some bard in them as well as a few 51 raid bards. Dominator,, maybe at first, but once people catch on to how awesome Dominators can be, people will begin rolling them.

I see Archon and maybe Blade Dancer as 2 of the lesser played at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwoven View Post
    I'd have to disagree on Bards. I bet you'll see alot of rogues with some bard in them as well as a few 51 raid bards. Dominator,, maybe at first, but once people catch on to how awesome Dominators can be, people will begin rolling them.

I see Archon and maybe Blade Dancer as 2 of the lesser played at release.
    Maybe.
    I will be 51 Bard though. Don't think they will be too abundant.
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

I think quite a few people have shown interest in dominator since it has such a unique role, if not as a primary then at least as a secondary in the mage tree. My bet for the least played classes I still think are archon (since a lot of their benefits are hard to define, don't come out till high level and in groups so people are put off by them at first), something in the warrior tree like warlord or champion maybe?, or maybe something like Blade Dancer... idk though obviously these are just guesses on what I've seen in the forums. They should really have some kind of poll for this, that would be fun
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-17-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Ascendant

I actually think some of the better souls will be underplayed and overlooked at the beginning cause they cant go invisible look like legolas or shoot fire.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-17-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    I think quite a few people have shown interest in dominator since it has such a unique role, if not as a primary then at least as a secondary in the mage tree. My bet for the least played classes I still think are archon (since a lot of their benefits are hard to define, don't come out till high level and in groups so people are put off by them at first), something in the warrior tree like warlord or champion maybe?, or maybe something like Blade Dancer... idk though obviously these are just guesses on what I've seen in the forums. They should really have some kind of poll for this, that would be fun
    I agree with all you have to say other than Champions. You will see alot of Champions in the tank builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwoven View Post
    I agree with all you have to say other than Champions. You will see alot of Champions in the tank builds.
    ok I can agree with that tbh I just kinda guessed on that one heh

Cabalist, archon, dominator, saboteur, warlord will be the least played pre-endgame. Honorable mentions to riftblade and nightblade. This isn't to say these souls are all underpowered, they're either late bloomers or high support/oddity souls imo.

You're definitely not going to see a lot of Blade Dancers, I think. Rogues are going to go ranged, go sneaky-stabby, or go Riftstalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

I will be a 51 bard...and sabs are just DPS machines so I think they will be heavily played
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

IMHO the arcon is the perfect match for a pyromancer. It dose it's job as a support soul. So I don't see alot of arcon mains, but as stated each soul has a niche . In the end game you will see most being played.

if they dont do something about how weak healing can be compared to some of the insane burst damage, I see no point of a healer other than for PvE only.

Dominator is an amazing pvp soul, AND you can get the best of it without spending a single point. Trust me, it will be played a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast