+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Which souls will be the underdogs (least played)?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Perennial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    107

    Default Which souls will be the underdogs (least played)?

    Bard?
    Dominator?

    What ye think...
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

  2. #2
    Rift Master Jakkall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    534

    Default

    I don't think you'll really have any underdogs... Even if you don't have a soul as your main leveling soul, most people will have them in a utility spec for groups and raids.

    http://www.dragonsyndicate.net/
    "Because Defiants are not waiting for a miracle. We are making one." -MissDoomcookie

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Mantiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perennial View Post
    Bard?
    Dominator?

    What ye think...
    All of the souls have specific uses. If you were to say that Dominator might not be as popular for soloing, then you're damn right! They just aren't quick at killing so it makes more sense to swap to something faster. However in groups I played my Dominator soul, sometimes as the main soul, frequently.

    The same goes for Bard, Archon, Warden, on down the line. Each soul has a purpose and they will be used for specific purposes within the game.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.


  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Windwoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    131

    Default

    I'd have to disagree on Bards. I bet you'll see alot of rogues with some bard in them as well as a few 51 raid bards. Dominator,, maybe at first, but once people catch on to how awesome Dominators can be, people will begin rolling them.

    I see Archon and maybe Blade Dancer as 2 of the lesser played at release.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Perennial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Windwoven View Post
    I'd have to disagree on Bards. I bet you'll see alot of rogues with some bard in them as well as a few 51 raid bards. Dominator,, maybe at first, but once people catch on to how awesome Dominators can be, people will begin rolling them.

    I see Archon and maybe Blade Dancer as 2 of the lesser played at release.
    Maybe.
    I will be 51 Bard though. Don't think they will be too abundant.
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

  6. #6
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    I think quite a few people have shown interest in dominator since it has such a unique role, if not as a primary then at least as a secondary in the mage tree. My bet for the least played classes I still think are archon (since a lot of their benefits are hard to define, don't come out till high level and in groups so people are put off by them at first), something in the warrior tree like warlord or champion maybe?, or maybe something like Blade Dancer... idk though obviously these are just guesses on what I've seen in the forums. They should really have some kind of poll for this, that would be fun
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-17-2011 at 03:55 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    I actually think some of the better souls will be underplayed and overlooked at the beginning cause they cant go invisible look like legolas or shoot fire.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-17-2011 at 03:56 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Windwoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    I think quite a few people have shown interest in dominator since it has such a unique role, if not as a primary then at least as a secondary in the mage tree. My bet for the least played classes I still think are archon (since a lot of their benefits are hard to define, don't come out till high level and in groups so people are put off by them at first), something in the warrior tree like warlord or champion maybe?, or maybe something like Blade Dancer... idk though obviously these are just guesses on what I've seen in the forums. They should really have some kind of poll for this, that would be fun
    I agree with all you have to say other than Champions. You will see alot of Champions in the tank builds.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Windwoven View Post
    I agree with all you have to say other than Champions. You will see alot of Champions in the tank builds.
    ok I can agree with that tbh I just kinda guessed on that one heh

  10. #10
    Ascendant phoenixfire82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Cabalist, archon, dominator, saboteur, warlord will be the least played pre-endgame. Honorable mentions to riftblade and nightblade. This isn't to say these souls are all underpowered, they're either late bloomers or high support/oddity souls imo.

  11. #11
    General of Telara Selgin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belmont
    Posts
    913

    Default

    You're definitely not going to see a lot of Blade Dancers, I think. Rogues are going to go ranged, go sneaky-stabby, or go Riftstalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara Shintu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    753

    Default

    I will be a 51 bard...and sabs are just DPS machines so I think they will be heavily played
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple thune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    192

    Default

    IMHO the arcon is the perfect match for a pyromancer. It dose it's job as a support soul. So I don't see alot of arcon mains, but as stated each soul has a niche . In the end game you will see most being played.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Alyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    93

    Default

    if they dont do something about how weak healing can be compared to some of the insane burst damage, I see no point of a healer other than for PvE only.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander Tashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Dominator is an amazing pvp soul, AND you can get the best of it without spending a single point. Trust me, it will be played a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts