+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you respec/ reset ?

Default Can you respec/ reset ?

I am betting if I choose a warrior, I cannot cwitch to a cleric, but is there the ability to choose different souls altogether if you want to or only re-choose the skills within the 3 souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    I am betting if I choose a warrior, I cannot cwitch to a cleric, but is there the ability to choose different souls altogether if you want to or only re-choose the skills within the 3 souls?
    You can get 4 roles, which one containing 3 different souls. You can respect as much as you want, it only costs a few gold pieces to respec. You get 9 souls (8 pve and 1 pvp) for each calling.
    Last edited by ---AlterEgo---; 01-17-2011 at 02:31 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    you can respec as much as you want. however, when you choose your calling (i.e. warrior,cleric, mage, rogue) that is what you are. you cannot change your calling.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

excellent, thanks so much. So at least you can really play around with and fine tune your character. If a soul just isnt what you thought you can just take a different one.

anyone have this offical ? I thought it was still up for debate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimox View Post
    anyone have this offical ? I thought it was still up for debate ?
    What's up for debate? Why would they change the fact we can respec? Obviously it's not going to be dirty cheap as it is now, but of course they're going to let us respec.
    Last edited by ---AlterEgo---; 01-17-2011 at 02:47 PM.

The way i understand it is when you reset the points to zero then you can swap out souls .

I thought I heard they was still toying with the idea that your primal soul was locked meaning you could only re spec 2 secondary souls.

Not sure if this was a forum members idea or something with some truth from trion tho been reading the forums to much last couple of days

I thought I heard they was still toying with the idea that your primal soul was locked meaning you could only re spec 2 secondary souls.

Not sure if this was a forum members idea or something with some truth from trion tho been reading the forums to much last couple of days
    It hasn't been this way at all as far as the betas are concerned. Sure in beta 1 and 2 we only had 3 souls, but the instant you opened a new role, you had a fresh clean slate where you could assign the souls you have available in any order you want.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

RIFT Community Ambassador

beta4 i did a lot of respecing working on my marksman. a lot.
    i have to say that you can respec as much as you want.

the main reason for having the extra "roles" you can buy is if you find specs you like you can make more than one.
    i.e pvp spec, solo spec, group spec, raid spec
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 01-17-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Shadowlander

The question isn't if you can reset skills or have multiple rolls with multiple specs but if you can choose different souls after the fact. In the last beta I didnt see an option to get another soul other then the original 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoopah View Post
    The question isn't if you can reset skills or have multiple rolls with multiple specs but if you can choose different souls after the fact. In the last beta I didnt see an option to get another soul other then the original 3.
    Clicking the soul's icon when the soul has 0 points invested in it opens up a window allowing you to swap that soul out for another one you have.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoopah View Post
    --If you mean you never got any more souls, there are quests to get them. I've heard the quests are in the College, but I got mine in Sanctum, which is the city to the East of the starting area--just follow the road.

I had to walk around the castle to get the Nightblade (Rogue) soul, so I would suggest doing a loop to see where they all are.

The new soul quest goes something like this:

--Every NPC with a soul quest for you is available, *but* once you choose a soul quest, the other NPCs will not show up as quest givers until you complete that first quest

--Do rifts until a special item drops--I think it's a Planar Essence, but it's there in your quest...

--Use an item that was given to you to "summon" the soul that you are going to defeat and then absorb

--Fight the soul, which will be your lvl, and defeat it

--Use the 2nd item you were given to purify the soul

--Return to NPC and turn in the quest, and now you have access to that soul

Rinse and repeat until you have all the souls.

+ Reply to Thread