+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 point skills more devastating than top tier 31 skills?

Default 51 point skills more devastating than top tier 31 skills?

Is it just me, or is it more rewarding to go 51 points in a soul? I was just having a look at some of the 51 point skills, and alot of them are much more devastating that the 31 point skill..

But I guess that is an excellent tradeoff for focusing your training on one single soul.. I just may have to think about going "pure" for at least one of my role builds..

Man it's a pretty big shock that the 51 point root abilities are better than the 31 point root abilities

Going 51 points into 1 soul obviously has it's advantages and disadvantages...

Just realize those 20 points you spent past the 31 point branch (or possibly less if you're aiming for the 32, 38, or 44 root) could be spent on another soul, and could potentially give you many more passive and active abilities that will help you much more than the 51 point ability will.

With 66 points available at 50, you can go up to 31 or 32 on two souls and still have a few points to play around with. If you go to 51 on one soul, that's only 15 points you have for your other two souls.

You're right that it's a trade off. Some people will be willing to put in the extra investment and commitment to get the 51 point root; others won't.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

only 51 toon I plan on making is a bard.....
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

It's a class by class thing.

For instance as a PvE Rogue I love Sab's 5 auto-charge skill at 51, but find little use of the Marksman "Jumps back 20 meters" ability.

There are some 31 abilities that beat the hell out of some 51s and vice versa. There are also some builds that stack better at 31 to 44 with the remainder in other trees, rather than a 51/15 split.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Vyeth View Post
    Is it just me, or is it more rewarding to go 51 points in a soul? I was just having a look at some of the 51 point skills, and alot of them are much more devastating that the 31 point skill..

But I guess that is an excellent tradeoff for focusing your training on one single soul.. I just may have to think about going "pure" for at least one of my role builds..
    Marksman
    Strafe (31pts) - 429 to 435 dmg + weapon dmg channeled over 4 sec.
    Retreat (51pts) - the rogue leaps back 20 meters (WTF!!! OMGZ!! LAMEZ!!!11!!)

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Plane Touched

Some of the 51s look devastating like Paragons 51 point Flurry
    140% of weapon plus 2227 damage for 6 seconds and you cant be CC'd cooldown
    ONE MINUTE COOLDOWN!

Death Touch + Flurry looks scary son, scary.

Others not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Man it's a pretty big shock that the 51 point root abilities are better than the 31 point root abilities

Going 51 points into 1 soul obviously has it's advantages and disadvantages...

Wha?? NOOOOO!
    Last edited by Vyeth; 01-17-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Thing is if u go to 51 the ability will do more but when you use all 3 trees it prob wouldnt be as effective as that 31 or 32 ability and splashing into other trees because of the buffs etc you get to use from the others. So in th e end the 51 is nice but not as good as one might think.
    Last edited by Karlbjorn; 01-17-2011 at 02:49 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Karlbjorn View Post
    Thing is if u go to 51 the ability will do more but when you use all 3 trees it prob wouldnt be as effective as that 31 or 32 ability and splashing into other trees because of the buffs etc you get to use from the others. So in th e end the 51 is nice but not as good as one might think.
    i dunno. depends on what you are trying to accomplish imo. there are more than one way of doing things thats for sure.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Telaran

The main problem for me is that e.g. from the warrior souls only 2 (other than the PvP soul) have a CC break and both require 16 points. I wanted to try 51 paragon, but in order to have at least one CC break I'd have to use the Vindicator soul...
    Moreover, you have to invest into all the skills in one tree, dumping points into the weaker ones...

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shintu View Post
    only 51 toon I plan on making is a bard.....
    I think a 51 point Archon could be useful as well.

+ Reply to Thread