+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Searching for that right build Marksman/Ranger/(third?)

Soulwalker

Default Searching for that right build Marksman/Ranger/(third?)

Hello people!

Searching the right build at Marksman/Ranger/not sure will there be third (you may tell me;))

Im trying to find/make the right build for myself, but still i haven't found it. Im going to do many warfronts and pvp, but id like to have good dps so I would make good damage on instances and raids. I like to have pets and I've been looking for build with that raptor from ranger soul. I'm just not sure, does that kind of build with much points in ranger to get the pet, have good dps. If it is impossible to have good dps with ranger build with raptor, I will let that go, and point more to marksman (and third?).

So shortly:
    I'd like to have raptor, good facilitys on pvp/warfronts, and have pretty good dps. This sounds bit impossible to put all together, and may be the thing, why I haven't found the right build for me. Hope someone would help me, I will be glad
    Last edited by Hopsu; 01-17-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

I have seen LOTS of people (including me ) with Marksman/Ranger/Sab builds. Can't beat the 70% AoE snare, and some of the Sab skills. Most of my points are evenly distributed between Marksman and Ranger, with only a small splash in Sab....
    "I once asked God for a bike. Then I realized God didn't work that way. So I stole a bike, and asked for God's forgiveness."

Shadowlander

i go marksman/Sin/Ranger

i take sin for all the dmg & crit increases then i take ranger as an 8 point 3rd soul for the extra range dmg, crit dmg & the slow shot.....extra CC as range rogue is all important

Sab is certainly a fun class to play but as a 3rd for ranged that 70% slow charge takes way too long to set down when you can have the instant 50% slow from ranger plus crit dmg & ranged dmg, taking into consideration it is the 3rd soul your looking for.

to give you some idea here is my build

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by Skittels; 01-17-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Are we sure Sin is worth it? are we sure that Serrated blades isnt melee only?? (look at tooltip it says range: melee). I think Nightblade is the better choice (if it is in fact melee range for serrated blades) im thinking of a build a little like this

33 marks/ 20 Ranger / 13 nightblade

Comments?

Shadowlander

Last edited by Skittels; 01-17-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Beastn View Post
    . I think Nightblade is the better choice (if it is in fact melee range for serrated blades) im thinking of a build a little like this

Comments?
    hmmmm kinda messy, i mean i dont understand where your going or what your trying to achieve with this build, do explain your trail of thought :$

you have 1 slow from the ranger tree and thats all, You have absolutely no CC at al, no 70% speed buff, no knockback & no root from marksman tree yet marksman is your main soul, and personnally i dont see any benefit from the NB soul other than incapacitate :$

this build is a straight up dps build, not pvp, therefore slows and knockbacks and ccs arnt really needed. The nightblade adds energy regen, 5 energy per combo point is 45 energy every finisher, the slow i took from ranger to get up the tree to armor reduction shot, could have put one anywhere figured why not a slow..

Shadowlander

hmmmm i cant see that working without any CC tbh, your very vulnerable to allsorts of attacks but.....good luck with it, i hope it works out for you

Soulwalker

How would work 51 point ranger build like this: http://rift.dev.zam.com/cluster/stc....o.EGsfuekstR.m
    Any sense? The last skill does lots of damage(?). There are skills that can root, silence, make good damage and increase your damage. From saboteur you get 12% more dex. From marksman you get skills to get away and push your enemy backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittels View Post
    i go marksman/Sin/Ranger

i take sin for all the dmg & crit increases then i take ranger as an 8 point 3rd soul for the extra range dmg, crit dmg & the slow shot.....extra CC as range rogue is all important

Sab is certainly a fun class to play but as a 3rd for ranged that 70% slow charge takes way too long to set down when you can have the instant 50% slow from ranger plus crit dmg & ranged dmg, taking into consideration it is the 3rd soul your looking for.

to give you some idea here is my build

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng
    Cheers for the link, looks like a nice build, will have tio give it a go on the 25th, BTW how did you split youre poit alocation? I mean at what lvl did you put points into diffrent tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsu View Post
    Hello people!

Searching the right build at Marksman/Ranger/not sure will there be third (you may tell me;))

Im trying to find/make the right build for myself, but still i haven't found it. Im going to do many warfronts and pvp, but id like to have good dps so I would make good damage on instances and raids. I like to have pets and I've been looking for build with that raptor from ranger soul. I'm just not sure, does that kind of build with much points in ranger to get the pet, have good dps. If it is impossible to have good dps with ranger build with raptor, I will let that go, and point more to marksman (and third?).

So shortly:
    I'd like to have raptor, good facilitys on pvp/warfronts, and have pretty good dps. This sounds bit impossible to put all together, and may be the thing, why I haven't found the right build for me. Hope someone would help me, I will be glad
    this is my build im thinking about going. this is a pvp build built for ganking (probably not best at grp dps but i think it should still suffice) http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng

has all the good stuff from marks imo. ranger gives me the instant slow shot. and Sin gives me perma stealth and extra +crit. As i said its a gank spec.
    All Out Assault
    “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
    "Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish." - Marcus Aurelius

How easy is to change from a riffle to daggers.
    Say you have to do close combat can you equip weapons in combat ? sorry never actually done a Beta yet.
    Last edited by Quantumb; 01-19-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Yes!

Are we sure Sin is worth it? are we sure that Serrated blades isnt melee only?? (look at tooltip it says range: melee). I think Nightblade is the better choice (if it is in fact melee range for serrated blades) im thinking of a build a little like this

Comments?
    Before i came into the thread i was making a marksmen/ranger/nightblade build
    ...I made the same build you did, it looks beautiful ^^

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsu View Post
    Hello people!

So shortly:
    SIN for 5% crit and poison to apply to your arrows is tough to beat. I believe the +physical damage will also work on your arrows, but not the spells, but check on that. But 5 pts. in Sab is nice too.

Soulwalker

Comments?
    You have a great build, It's what im doing, but points will be a little different

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast