+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade dancer

Default Blade dancer

Description on the main web page for Blade Dancer sounded like a intriguing class to play.

But from what I hear on these boards there not very good damage output wise and they wear light armor.

Is it better just to make a paragon instead ?
    Is trion fixing the blade dancer abilities ?

and are there any positional strikes in the melee combat.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by fushh View Post
    Yes. Unless you're interested in other rogue souls.

(in which case the answer is still probably yes)
    Coil - Regulos

Quote Originally Posted by fushh View Post
    Description on the main web page for Blade Dancer sounded like a intriguing class to play.

But from what I hear on these boards there not very good damage output wise and they wear light armor.

Is trion fixing the blade dancer abilities ?

and are there any positional strikes in the melee combat.

regards
    Don't listen to the guy above me they have decent melee DPS though they do seem to need at least a little bit of a buff. I played Blade dancer and it's fine as long as you know how to build it depending on what your wanting to do and make sure you grab some stuff from riftstalker for the mobility so you don't die nearly as easy :P

Xfire/steam : Korncob

I didn't say they had bad dps, I just said paragon is a much better choice.
    Coil - Regulos

How did you guys jump from blade dancer to paragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivalsetto View Post
    I didn't say they had bad dps, I just said paragon is a much better choice.
    Well I disagree, I found it to be about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    How did you guys jump from blade dancer to paragon?
    Did you even read the first post? It doesn't sound like it.
    Coil - Regulos

having played both Paragon and Bladedancer, the two classes have only one similarity: dual-wielding.

sounds like you need to answer more fundamental questions. do you want heavy armour? do you want stealth? what abilities would you like your character to have, APART from two swords? for purposes of this, weapon use is identical between warriors and rogues, rogues get stealth while warriors get armour.

As far as damage goes, although everyone seems to be weeping about poor rogue DPS, i can only say that these complaints bear no resemblance to reality whatsoever. my Bladedancer//Assassin/Nightblade really had no problems whatsoever. demolished things alot. worked well in solo and group play both. I prefer my champion because i like two-handed swords, and plate armour, but i cant see one being clearly superior.

take a look at the class descriptions and the wii maybe to help you better decide which youd prefer to be.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

Plane Touched

BD is the class that brought me to the game, and I played one in the last beta to about lvl 16.

The problem with BD is, despite what defenders are saying, the dps is low relative to other classes and other rogue souls (like Ranger/MM--an AWESOME dps build).

Additionally, even though BD mechanics *sound* cool, if you don't use a macro you will have to glue your eyes to your action bar and wait for reactive abilities to pop. Unfortunately the combat alerts are lousy atm. If you're used to the great WoW addons and bar timers, there is none of that here that I've seen.

Also, since so many of BD's abilities rely on him dodging, that means in dungeons you won't be able to use any of these. This is getting ahead of things because I haven't gotten to do an instance yet, but imagine what it will be like to play a dps character whose abilities require him to be dodging, and then stick him behind a boss.

I know they're working on rogues, but if this mechanic isn't fixed I doubt you'll see too many BD's in dungeons.

Just before beta ended I switched to Ranger after getting the Ranger soul through a quest, and within a *minute* or two I was doing more damage than the BD I'd spent all weekend leveling! BD is challenging and can be fun, but the Ranger is ridiculous--fun and far easier to play.

If they fix MDPS I might do a BD/Nightblade/Assassin build--we'll see...

I've been struggling too with whether to be a paragon or bladedancer. I want a high dps melee fighter that can also take some damage. It's sort of hard to justify choosing a bladedancer over a paragon though if the bladedancer doesn't have an edge in dps. Do the bladedancer's parry abilities nullify any issues with having less armor? I'm not sure.

Rift Chaser

I have played a blade dancer main since beta 2. I enjoy the class, and don't have any issues in pve with it. I havn't tried solo pvp with it so I can't give an opinion on that, but in warfronts I did decent, never at the top but never at the bottom. Overall, I enjoyed the class and it is probably what I will be playing at launch.

Blade dancer seems more of the aoe melee type to me. Similar to the marauders monstrocity tree from WAR. Blade dancer will be fun in pve for farming or large scale pvp. It has it's uses.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Efstratios View Post
    I've been struggling too with whether to be a paragon or bladedancer. I want a high dps melee fighter that can also take some damage. It's sort of hard to justify choosing a bladedancer over a paragon though if the bladedancer doesn't have an edge in dps. Do the bladedancer's parry abilities nullify any issues with having less armor? I'm not sure.
    You don't have to have one single reactive ability as a bladedancer, if you claim you do you obviously don't know how to build the soul correctly for instance's....

I would use Blade dancer with Riftstalkers Planes shift abilities and blade dancers aoe abilities for large scale pvp, for pve it would be better to get the tanking abilities from riftstalker with the same abilities from blade dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivalsetto View Post
    Did you even read the first post? It doesn't sound like it.
    lol I did. That's why I am asking. How does the OP jump from blade dancer to paragon.

If he can't be a bladedancer he immediately throws out all rogue souls and goes for a warrior?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast