+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Pull ability be abused?

Default Warrior Pull ability be abused?

There seems to be a ability that the Warlord I believe has that allows them to pull people/mob's to them that seems to be almost identical to the marauder/white lion pull in Warhammer, did anyone have this spec and use it, and if you did what was your thoughts?
    "PUT ME IN COACH" I can do better than them!

Rift Master

I seen it used in PvE and it works just like the WL fetch. No clue if it works in PvP and I am pretty sure the distance is limited.

No it works in PvP aswell. It has a 20m range and has an 8 sec cd. It's also a 10 point ability. The flight time for the pull is almost instant. so alot better than the mara/WL pull.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    No it works in PvP aswell. It has a 20m range and has an 8 sec cd. It's also a 10 point ability. The flight time for the pull is almost instant. so alot better than the mara/WL pull.
    I also just noticed that there is also a 21 point ability to summon in the Void Knight line called Rift Summon and it is on a 45 sec cd and is also 20m range.

Rift Master

and Cabalist get something similar to magus/engi aoe pull...
    still, this game is a lot faster paced than war, replying to a cc with your own cc is easier, you dont get to be killed while in flight, completely helpless.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maug View Post
    There seems to be a ability that the Warlord I believe has that allows them to pull people/mob's to them that seems to be almost identical to the marauder/white lion pull in Warhammer, did anyone have this spec and use it, and if you did what was your thoughts?
    its like the marauder ability void walkers have it to. it will be more prevalent in this game cause they have shorter cooldowns (none if you get a proc). if you whined about it in warhammer you will whine about it here.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-17-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nix-zero View Post
    still, this game is a lot faster paced than war, replying to a cc with your own cc is easier, you dont get to be killed while in flight, completely helpless.
    if youcant be killed in the air than wouldnt the combat be slower. the TTK so far among 2 equal levels is much slower than warhammer. i think it has a much slower pace than warhammer. though the pull itself is very fast giving the other team less time to focus you.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-17-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maug View Post
    I also just noticed that there is also a 21 point ability to summon in the Void Knight line called Rift Summon and it is on a 45 sec cd and is also 20m range.
    Yeah, but 45 secs is a long time and Rift summon requires alot of points to get it down to a useable cooldown. Other souls do have pulls aswell, the pvp soul has one too (IIRC), so you could potentially have multiple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix-zero View Post
    Cabalist one is pull a few targets to a target. So it's really situational and has to be done to a melee char, which a cabalist probably doesn't want to get that close. Whereas the magus skill used to be everyone in range ontop of them (as apposed to its useless now).

Ascendant

Yeah, but 45 secs is a long time and Rift summon requires alot of points to get it down to a useable cooldown. Other souls do have pulls aswell, the pvp soul has one too (IIRC), so you could potentially have multiple.

it requires 2 points to become 25 seconds i wouldnt call that a lot of points also if you spec riftblade you can reset the CD on rift summon everytime you crit.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-17-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    it requires 2 points to become 25 seconds i wouldnt call that a lot of points also if you spec riftblade you can reset the CD on rift summon everytime you crit.
    I meant it also being high up in the tree. Warlords ability only needs 10 points, VK needs alot more and then more to get it down to 25. It'd be easier to just use a taunt ability from another tree to save precious points. Just a more bang for your buck thing.

Cabalist's skill is more useful then rift. First, you do not need to be in the middle of the enemy lines to use it. Second, you can pull together all of their healers/mages/rangers, the targets that need to be focused and/or pwned with aoe asap, not tanks and other resilient melee fighters. Rifts specs will be popular since most of the aoes in rift are 'pool type' with the targetting ring, not pbaoe or something, their range is much higher.

I'm gonna be maining a VK, and yes, I am going to abuse the hell out of that skill xD And you can get it to the reduced cd at L21. :P Takes 27 points to get it, and you'll hit 28 at 21. (only 26 at 20 though)

Quote Originally Posted by Raidus View Post
    I'm gonna be maining a VK, and yes, I am going to abuse the hell out of that skill xD And you can get it to the reduced cd at L21. :P Takes 27 points to get it, and you'll hit 28 at 21. (only 26 at 20 though)
    You can only spend 21 points in VK at level 21, despite having 28 points. You'd have to wait until level 27 to actually get 2/2 improved rift summon.
    Coil - Regulos

Quote Originally Posted by Raidus View Post
    It will be a big PULLing party on the battle field. Who can pull whom faster, assist train inc!

Plane Touched

Then watch as people teleport away from your pull.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast