+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi, I'd like to know what the best class/build to Tank

Shadowlander

Default Hi, I'd like to know what the best class/build to Tank

Please, I am totally new on RIFT, I have readen and seen videos and I havent still a clear idea about the best class/build to tank.
    Thanks in advance

Paladin, Reaver, Voidknight are all tanking souls, and Warlord has some good tanking abilities in their tree. There is a lot of debate as to what is best, but mix and match those and you'll be fine.

http://www.dragonsyndicate.net/
    "Because Defiants are not waiting for a miracle. We are making one." -MissDoomcookie

Don't forget about justicar for cleric's and riftblade/bladedancer for rogues. All the tank soul's are good, just pick which one you'd rather use....they are all pretty unique in how they work.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Quote Originally Posted by Korncob View Post
    Don't forget about justicar for cleric's and riftblade/bladedancer for rogues. All the tank soul's are good, just pick which one you'd rather use....they are all pretty unique in how they work.
    Pretty much this, there are several tanking builds in the 4 classes, the only class who doesn't have a tank soul, and that's a mage. But I've heard from mages letting their pet tank and actually pulling it off.

Just try out the different souls and see what matches your playstyle. Like Korncob there is a lot of choice out there, so experiment, and have fun.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Paladin/x/x

Soulwalker

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...17,5_&lang=eng

Keep in mind this is a tank, ie survival/threat, not dps build.
    Last edited by Solude; 01-17-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Truth is, no one knows what the best of anything is because no one that's not under a NDA has seen Endgame (other than in videos ^^). So far, all tank souls are good at what they do (at lvl 27).

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    Pretty much this, there are several tanking builds in the 4 classes, the only class who doesn't have a tank soul, and that's a mage. But I've heard from mages letting their pet tank and actually pulling it off.

Just try out the different souls and see what matches your playstyle. Like Korncob there is a lot of choice out there, so experiment, and have fun.
    I can confirm that a necro/Chloro can easily pet tank an elite their level. A guild mate and I were taking equal level elites with zero down time in B4. Went from 24 - 26 in little over an hour. Certain pairings can level quite quickly this way.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

+ Reply to Thread