+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Why can a new 50 mage out damage rank 6 warrior?

Plane Touched

Default Why can a new 50 mage out damage rank 6 warrior?

My 50 mage with greens on and a 2 lesser sigil equipped, can get cinder burst crits over 2400, fireball crits over 1200 and flame bolt crits over 1000? Team that up with chloro and you get better survivability or dom and have a BIG I WIN button and loads of utility. Compared to my rank 6 warrior with a 2hander getting crits of 1400ish with finishers?

Yes I know the mage is squishy but all those abilities he has are ranged while when i spec paragon for range spam highest crit is 1527 on a non finisher, finishers do less.

Warriors scale for ****. Who does plate help against in PVP? Not mages not clerics (except shaman/loldruid)
    not warriors most all running riftblade about half the rogues. Different subject but why in the hell do mages get more hps than every other class?

This has been a PVP related QQ
    Last edited by Nsayn1; 12-13-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsayn1 View Post
    My 50 mage with greens on and a 2 lesser sigil equipped, can get cinder burst crits over 2400, fireball crits over 1200 and flame bolt crits over 1000? Team that up with chloro and you get better survivability or dom and have a BIG I WIN button and loads of utility. Compared to my rank 6 warrior with a 2hander getting crits of 1400ish with finishers?

Yes I know the mage is squishy but all those abilities he has are ranged while when i spec paragon for range spam highest crit is 1527 on a non finisher, finishers do less.

Warriors scale for ****. Who does plate help against in PVP? Not mages not clerics (except shaman/loldruid)
    not warriors most all running riftblade about half the rogues. Different subject but why in the hell do mages get more hps than every other class?

This has been a PVP related QQ
    you arnt getting those numbers on valor targets. you arnt getting those numbers on valor targets in your R2 gear, and probably not in your r4 gear.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 12-13-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

mages can spec this thing known as a glass cannon. which is... high dps. low survivability.

warriorrs are currently broken in their specing options.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Rift Chaser

a low ranking ranged class will without a doubt beat a low rank melee class due to the games mechanics of allowing any ranged class to out damage melee ones
    Last edited by Arrinx; 12-13-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nsayn1 View Post
    It's the same thing with my R7 rogue when in a physical damage spec. I have the bow from the life epic quest, the shank dagger from the T2RR and a fang of life lord relic. I even use whetstones and powersurge vials. I crit on my deadeye shot for about 1500 if I am really lucky. I get hit by a fireball crit for 2k. I've seen crits on warriors of deadeye in the 500 range too.

The entire system is tuned against physical damage. Why do you think Rogues go nightblade in droves?

Ascendant

I sympathize but give me a break. You are taking it too far. Why is it always the mages or rogues or clerics fault another class is hurting?

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I sympathize but give me a break. You are taking it too far. Why is it always the mages or rogues or clerics fault another class is hurting?
    I dont know, maybe because thats the rogues theory..

Anyways, my rank 3 mage out damages rank 8 warriors.

And my AoE spells hit harder than their builder + finishers.
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Ascendant

oh look, warriors don't suck so bad.

most players are just terrible at pvp and like to blame it on their class. I do think warriors need a bump but you guys whining constantly need to grow a pair.
    Last edited by ururu; 12-13-2011 at 09:50 AM.

most players are just terrible at pvp and like to blame it on their class. I do think warriors need a bump but you guys whining constantly need to grow a pair.

plz no more sli/vk/champs

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Telaran

Wow, that video is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post
    a low ranking ranged class will without a doubt beat a low rank melee class due to the games mechanics of allowing any ranged class to out damage melee ones

Wrong. Try again.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

sighh, look at the targets he is hitting........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    sighh, look at the targets he is hitting........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................

seemed like clerics, mages, warriors, and rogues. Few P8s as well, just from looking at the visuals, btw the new P8 skins look terrible.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

Shield of Telara

That's my experience vs. decent warriors. Of course I can heal through a couple bad warriors attacking me, but it's not the entire class that sucks.

Ascendant

Much as I feel like warriors hit like puff-balls right now, a fresh 50 hitting harder than an R6 warrior seems like total BS. You won't have the SP unless you're in deep raiding PVE gear (and then you will hit harder for the 2 seconds before you die)
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast