+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for info on the cabalyst.

Champion of Telara

Default Looking for info on the cabalyst.

How was it in pvp? pve? Would you recommend it and if so why? If you wouldn't why wouldn't you?

I've heard people say it's underwhelming but I played a cabalist/inquisitor/0point druid setup to 27 in beta 4 and liked it quite a bit.

For leveling I like classes with a lot of AE and the ability to take a few hits and survive the hits that several mobs at once hitting you can dish out.

In zone wide boss fights I was usually near the top of contribution with the direct damage and was able to regen mana enough to keep casting, even on the very long fights that were 10+ minutes.

You will give up having heals and also rezzes so it's not a very group friendly build unless they know you and understand that you are there strictly as DPS. I had more than one angry /tell from players upset that I did not heal or rez them. You'll need to expect that until people can learn to change their view on what a cleric does.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Yes its crazy when people think a cleric's job is to only heal and they get angry about it. They have no clue that cleric can go full dps with no heals.

A cabalist specced into justicar for reparation can dish out a fair amount of burst heal when his aoe bombs go off, that should help healing during rifts/invasion.

As for leveling, it's a very good class I won't lie, but in pvp it's only good when you are not focused and you have time to set up your bombs. They have some nice single target spells, they also have a root, but it can be broken on damage. The cabalist needs some work for pvp, but it's a very fun class to play in pve. The biggest down side atm with the soul are the casting times, and you have to be quick on targetting multiple mobs to make a succesfull aoe bomb. But if you do it right, the cabalist will have no problems killing 4-5 mobs at once.

Also a cabalist is a class that will need support from other souls, but isn't that the fun of the soulsystem anyway.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Champion of Telara

Thank you gang I appreciate all the help. I had started one just before the beta closed and made it level 4 so I honestly did not have a good feel for the class.

I will have to think on the cabalyst. I defiantly want to be a cleric so I can help my group out so was thinking cab/sent although I may have to do something else entirely.

Any recomendations, will be pvp based I hope.

Shadowlander

Nice input, thanks

Soulwalker

For a warfront map like Black Garden, I have to say that I love playing cabalist. You have to play pillars, but if you can get the hang of it, Sigil of Binding+Tyranny with full stacks of lurking decay = -66% for anyone caught in it. And as a finisher, assuming the someone doesn't aoe heal fast enough, obliterate on a 30 second cd is a really nice touch. That right there will knock most people down 50% of their health.

Unfortunately, I haven't found great use for it in Codex. Lack of pillars and everyone being scattered all over the map means my lurking decays don't give off as much damage. I haven't tried 1v1 with it yet, but I think you'd be hard pressed to win given the channel and cast time spells are practically your only damage dealers (obliterate and tyranny work best after lurking decay is built up from decay. derp).

I have a question about the justicar ability with vex, does salvation work on every tick of dot? and does this also work for the aoes (tyranny with decay proc) on cabalist?

+ Reply to Thread