+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior PvE

Smile Warrior PvE

I wanted to get your thoughts on two different builds I made. They have all the same soul lines but points are spec'd different.

I am looking for a PvE warrior who can pull big groups or kill single mobs very quickly with decent survivability.

If there is another sould line that would better suit this please let me know.
    Here are the two builds:

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng

Thanks for the advice in advance

While I understand that being paragon and using paladin soul just for small arms spec has become a mainstay of the forums (until next beta where its use can be compared to offensive souls for 10 points), I think you'd probably find better synergy in Riftblade or better DPS in Void Knight for 10 points..(you could get away with 8 in Void Knight just for ravenous strength and pact conversion)

You are going to probably need weapon master if you go the Vk route for faster AP generation.. Riftblade would give you another bonus to Parry , Rift Fury (Use with double jeopardy to give your spear a better chance to crit which then causes extra damage), Surging Energy makes searing strike cost less after a critical (use with flowing strikes and you got instant spam)..

With the same 11 points you spent in paladin for passives, I think the DPS gain for those same 11 points in riftblade is more powerful. Not to mention Storm Blade and even the DoT fiery burst.. Since you got Serenity on Paragon, you could also use Avatar of Wind on Riftblade for extra dodge and movement speed..

But I mean I understand the paladin thing, but when beta rolls around I am going to see if its really worth it (like 0 point beastmasters)

Pay attention to the Paladin root abilities you're gaining by putting points into that soul... most are shield-related so it doesn't really gel terribly well with Paragons who are more dual-wield orientated.

If I *was* going to adopt the Paladin for the 3rd soul I wouldn't go past 8 points in it (for the single-target instant heal). Any more points then that and you're limiting what those points spent are really doing for you since they're just giving % bonuses and not access to further useful root abilities.

Synergy for Paladins seems to be Warlord, Reaver, Void Knight, and surprisingly Beastmaster. At least in my opinion.

Champion and Paragon do definitely seem to go together so it's a good start.

Alright, I can totaly see why paladin wouldnt really work, i was just trying to get a little more survivability. Another question I have is would it be better to focus more on champ or paragon?

Is this mid-level AOE grinding or end game farming? Builds will be quite a bit different depending on the function for your spec.

End Game Farming:
    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...nts=0&lang=eng

1H + Shield - Excellent survivability + very nice AOE DMG.

Proper Timing > BladeFury > Light's Decree > Retaliation > Face Slam > Blood Thirst > Scales of Justice
    Total time: 6s Total DMG: several thousand (AOE).
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

I was thinking of going this way for soloing. Haven't gotten a chance to test any of it out though since last beta I was messing around with the cleric calling.

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...20,5_&lang=eng

Meant to go 38 into rift blade for avatar of fire so I had to edit it.
    Last edited by Melrah; 01-17-2011 at 04:54 PM.

I disagree paladin is a good soul to put in there just for more survivability and the 10% damage increase but i would not put more than 10 pts....

Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    Is this mid-level AOE grinding or end game farming? Builds will be quite a bit different depending on the function for your spec.

End Game Farming:
    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...nts=0&lang=eng

1H + Shield - Excellent survivability + very nice AOE DMG.

Proper Timing > BladeFury > Light's Decree > Retaliation > Face Slam > Blood Thirst > Scales of Justice
    Total time: 6s Total DMG: several thousand (AOE).
    I really like that build, could even be used to tank easier stuff.

+ Reply to Thread