+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Markman spec (burst dps)

Default Markman spec (burst dps)

ok this is my marks man spec for burst dps. i hope to get some feedback, whether its positive or negative. let me know what u think and how i can improve. I know most ppl put sabotour in with a marks but i want to try this first.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng

assissin= at least 8 points for lethal poison (20% chance to gain +5%chance to crit on attacks) and i thought to take Blinding powder as well.
    Rift= mainly for the 0point shadow jump but thought to increase attackpower and reduce incoming damage as well
    Marks=i feel repelling shot, strafe, close quarters, on the double, and getaway are a must.
    All Out Assault
    “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
    "Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish." - Marcus Aurelius

RIFT Community Ambassador

seems decent overall but needs to be tweaked. my concern was... why put points into assassin melee if it really isnt that important to you?

edit... spec thing not posting right. link will be posted in a few minutes.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 01-17-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

It depends what you're after. If you're after a ganking type of burst dps build, I'd go with this:

You've got the ranged slow from the ranger soul and the improved stealth with silent footsteps and critical damage/chance from assassin. With the essentials from Marksman. You could put 51 points into ranger if you want a tele, but I don't think it's needed, but that's more personal preference. I just like having better stealth.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Rift Master

Why would you not spend 2 more points into Marksman to get Fire and Forget? That seems silly to spend 42 points into Marksman and not get this ability.

Personally I don't like the build. You are mixing two in your face souls with a range soul but plan to use range. It seems like this build is more about running away then burst DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Konji View Post
    Why would you not spend 2 more points into Marksman to get Fire and Forget? That seems silly to spend 42 points into Marksman and not get this ability.

Personally I don't like the build. You are mixing two in your face souls with a range soul but plan to use range. It seems like this build is more about running away then burst DPS.
    Becuase auto attacks are slow as hell and don't work when on the run unless you use a skill on a long cd. Not worth the points imo.

You're building on a failover system?

You have the marksman as your primary burst..
    if that fails to take em down and they get in.
    You have the secondary system of Sin up close?

You could go Sab and get the Slows and traps.
    Tossing charges as they advance and "boom", knockback if still alive.
    Though t that point speed is probably your friend.
    Me: Zamphir Pet: Panflute
    Bard / Ranger / Rift
    If Bards get faster for every point over 36 (full Bard)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Becuase auto attacks are slow as hell and don't work when on the run unless you use a skill on a long cd. Not worth the points imo.
    But improved stealth for a ranged soul is?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumnore View Post
    You're building on a failover system?

You have the marksman as your primary burst..
    if that fails to take em down and they get in.
    You have the secondary system of Sin up close?

You could go Sab and get the Slows and traps.
    Tossing charges as they advance and "boom", knockback if still alive.
    Though t that point speed is probably your friend.
    Sab seems more of a pve soul to me, it takes ages to setup the sab charges, when you could of done more with other skills, which is why I think the ranger slow is better. One shot slow with a quick cd with the passive damage bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Konji View Post
    But improved stealth for a ranged soul is?
    It's a ganking spec, can you read? You would obviosuly change it for a different situation, but having stealth with no movement reduction and infinite is pretty valuable.

yes Vadar i think I'm going to take up your spec instead.
    All Out Assault
    “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
    "Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish." - Marcus Aurelius

Why are people so fixated on the teleports from riftstalker for marksman. They aren't needed for range, you have better tools. For melee though, they're just as important as improved stealth if you ask me.

Sab seems more of a pve soul to me, it takes ages to setup the sab charges, when you could of done more with other skills, which is why I think the ranger slow is better. One shot slow with a quick cd with the passive damage bonus.
    I look at the sab as the Claymore in call of duty: setup the trap to go off when your spot it being hit by another stealther or incoming target: plus the dex
    Me: Zamphir Pet: Panflute
    Bard / Ranger / Rift
    If Bards get faster for every point over 36 (full Bard)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumnore View Post
    I look at the sab as the Claymore in call of duty: setup the trap to go off when your spot it being hit by another stealther or incoming target: plus the dex
    Yeah, but reliable >> situational in combat. In COD you can put it somewhere where you know they're going to go, in Rift it'll be very unlikely you can predict or place it fast enough. Plus claymores are just camping protectors, which is why I always use hacker so I know where campers are .
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Rift Disciple

It depends what you're after. If you're after a ganking type of burst dps build, I'd go with this:

You've got the ranged slow from the ranger soul and the improved stealth with silent footsteps and critical damage/chance from assassin. With the essentials from Marksman. You could put 51 points into ranger if you want a tele, but I don't think it's needed, but that's more personal preference. I just like having better stealth.
    pretty nice. see some good things in there, toss up between using the pvp tree. you lose some and gain some. losing out on the blind and stealth speed kinda hurts but I think it might be worth it. will have to play around with it a bit, but mine is about a slightly different purposes.

Last edited by Archfiend_DD; 01-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Sick build. I'm thinking along those lines for my Marksman build as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast