+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mayi

Thread: I wanna make a healer

Soulwalker

Default I wanna make a healer

I will be mostly leveling via rift+dungeons.
    Should I make a chloromancer or a cleric?
    Let me know what you think. Thanks!

If you're not healing, what's the secondary thing you like to do?

If you like tanking, play a cleric. If you like dpsing or support, play a mage. I wouldn't choose a class based on just healing.

On the other hand, if you like changing things up playstyle wise then roll a cleric. They have three healing souls so if you get sick of one, you can change your build.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    If you're not healing, what's the secondary thing you like to do?

If you like tanking, play a cleric. If you like dpsing or support, play a mage. I wouldn't choose a class based on just healing.

On the other hand, if you like changing things up playstyle wise then roll a cleric. They have three healing souls so if you get sick of one, you can change your build.
    If I am not healing, I will be crafting. Won't be doing anything but healing when I play my healer

I'd play cleric then. Three souls vs 1 for mages, so you can mix things up for variety.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Plane Walker

Cleric is probably the best class for you then. Just don't get in the mindset that you are ALWAYS going to be a healer. This game is very dynamic and gives you the chance to try many different play styles.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I'd play cleric then. Three souls vs 1 for mages, so you can mix things up for variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    Cleric is probably the best class for you then. Just don't get in the mindset that you are ALWAYS going to be a healer. This game is very dynamic and gives you the chance to try many different play styles.
    Thanks. Cleric it is then.
    I dun have to but I only want to heal on my healer tho.

Telaran

Yup, cleric will offer multiple healing playstyles to mix and choose from.
    Last edited by Ksielvin; 12-11-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kiota View Post
    Thanks. Cleric it is then.
    I dun have to but I only want to heal on my healer tho.
    Not sure Rift is the game for you then, at least if you're willing to raid. When people say that you won't be just healing it is because this game is designed around switching roles to adjust to the encounter. Especially in raids people will ahve to switch around. Granted , every guild has a handful of players that will always play the same role, but there are only a few taht can do that and they will have to change their specs according to the encoutner anyway.

If you want to play one role, one spec, you're better off playing WoW.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Not sure Rift is the game for you then, at least if you're willing to raid. When people say that you won't be just healing it is because this game is designed around switching roles to adjust to the encounter. Especially in raids people will ahve to switch around. Granted , every guild has a handful of players that will always play the same role, but there are only a few taht can do that and they will have to change their specs according to the encoutner anyway.

/agree

On the other hand, I have two level 50 clerics (don't ask) and a level 50 mage and mage is by far easier to heal with in PvP. Doesn't live as long, but much easier - the biggest problem is developing tunnel vision. Health bars on your team tend to be "overlooked" while chasing DPS. Ranger and Elementalist pets (can't leave out the extremely rare druid pet) are awesome targets to proc heals from.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    /agree

On the other hand, I have two level 50 clerics (don't ask) and a level 50 mage and mage is by far easier to heal with in PvP. Doesn't live as long, but much easier - the biggest problem is developing tunnel vision. Health bars on your team tend to be "overlooked" while chasing DPS. Ranger and Elementalist pets (can't leave out the extremely rare druid pet) are awesome targets to proc heals from.
    Too bad I rolled a cleric already. I always target pets with DoTs to proc heals :>

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post

Why? I do switch roles on other characters but I only want to play healer on this new toon. Nothing wrong with that. Not like everyone has to switch roles in raids. So I switch from a healer, to a healer, or to another healer(i bought 3 extra specs and made them all healing specs)

Rift Disciple

Too bad I rolled a cleric already. I always target pets with DoTs to proc heals :>

Why? I do switch roles on other characters but I only want to play healer on this new toon. Nothing wrong with that. Not like everyone has to switch roles in raids. So I switch from a healer, to a healer, or to another healer(i bought 3 extra specs and made them all healing specs)
    One of my best raid specs is 51 inquisitor, 12 justicar, 3cab and in order to get the charges you need for DoL, you have to do damage.

And soloing as a healer is no good. Trying to kill mobs with a pure heal spec will take forever. I now you said you only want to do dungeons, so good luck with that.

Rift Chaser

play a cleric.

there are several healing specs out there with some better than others for certain fights. my cleric has three heal specs and one soloing aoe dps spec. this way i can heal in groups/raids and solo doing quests. if i want to dps i play my mage or rogue. they are far better dps.

hopefully you have friends to play with because getting groups since mid summer for lower level zones is just terrible. even now at 50 it is almost as bad. good luck and have fun.

ps i too only heal on my cleric. it is why i made him.

Rift Disciple

This thread pissed me off a little bit as I read it. People are like "omg you will HAVE to switch from healing, ur guild maeks u!!!". Um? Then I'd leave that F***ing guild for a place less stringent?
    Last edited by Killermandude; 12-17-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Killermandude View Post
    This thread pissed me off a little bit as I read it. People are like "omg you will HAVE to switch from healing, ur guild maeks u!!!". Um? Then I'd leave that F***ing guild for a place less stringent?
    In a raid setting, if you are a healer, but aren't the best healer we have, and you the fight calls for us to drop a healer and have one go DPS, you better have a dps spec or stay out of the raid...

Some fights require more healers than others, if you're not the best (and someone has to be) then you have no right assuming you'll be a full time healer.

+ Reply to Thread