+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Cleric pvp build

Rift Disciple

Default Melee Cleric pvp build

So this is my first attempt at a cleric pvp build. I was going for something like a wow ret pally / aion chanter. I haven't played yet so I'm not sure which abilities are more useful then others or if I missed anything important so feel free to give your input.

Shaman 39 - Justicar 15 - Druid 12

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...17,5_&lang=eng

Without really analyzing it I noticed you got the Doctrine of Bliss which can be really helpful if you're using life attacks.

Now if you're going to be using mainly shaman attacks you won't be getting convictions from Cavalier so you can use that.

Luckily both druid and justicar use life attacks which fuels you're self heals!

Rift Disciple

Ya I'm not even sure what Convictions are >.> I just needed to put points somewhere and figured Id grab the instant heal lol. But ya thats what I'm going for, strong melee offense with some decent passive healing.

Haven't looked at the build yet but tbh the last 3 or 4 skills for druid are worth going all the way for if your going to be PvPing. -healing/-mana and energy recovery/nice long CD skill.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

When you have Cavalier up (justicar buff), whenever you use a life attack you recieve a conviction that can be used to cast your doctrines.

If you still want to use shaman attacks I would suggest perhaps taking the druid heal on the second tier, however it is on a small cooldown.

I personally am a lot of druid and a bit of both justi and shaman. Using druid life attacks gives me convictions from the justicar tree and that self healing doctrine can be really helpful becomes it's spammable so long as you have enough convictions; it's saved my life in PvP plenty of times

Rift Disciple

So is druid the stronger pvp build then?

I wouldn't say that I mean there are many playstyles and many ways to go.

However if you want access to the doctrine, you're not going to be able to use it if you only use shaman attacks.

Completely you're choice about it all though ;)

EDIT: Also, the great thing about this game is there isn't going to be a cookie cutter spec because there are so many great ways to go and many ways to make a character for YOU.
    Last edited by Jhazvhug; 01-17-2011 at 06:39 AM.

It absolutely pains me to see the same posts everyday from people joining the forums in Jan 2011. We know everyone and their dog plays Paladins in WoW, you could at least use the search function or just scroll down and open your eyes instead of spamming more and more threads looking for your ret paladin cleric builds. SIGH!

+ Reply to Thread