+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Request for build] Druid main soul

Default [Request for build] Druid main soul

I'm still waiting for B5 to start playing, so I have nothing to go on but paper, at this point. Is is possible to have a Druid as a main soul, and yet.......have a good off healer by combining other cleric souls? It seems the Druid spec would make lvling easier for me, but I want to be able to heal as well. Please.......can someone suggest some builds for me that include heavy druid action?

Thanks!!

~Triniti
    Last edited by Triniti; 01-17-2011 at 05:44 AM.
    The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows..... Stephen King

Telaran

You should be able to have druid and have a good healer, thats the beauty of the way this soul system works. You can mix any combo of the classes and still pretty much have something viable, not neccesarily the best at what they do, but still useful.
    Whack 31 points into Druid, you get to the top of the tier, you get some nice CC skills into the mix. Then you can whack another 30 odd points into one of the full heal classes. If you were feeling that way inclined, you could even add in a Cabalist to do some AOE attacks in the mix. Crazy though that combo sounds, its probably still workable to some extent.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...16,5_&lang=eng

Is probably what I'd use, combines the nice steady offhealing of warden HoT (went pretty far in actually so you could almost mainheal with it) and the on-life-damage self-healing + righteous mandate so you can help heal the tank while healing yourself pretty much as well as reperation which allows you to heal up to 10 others in your raid/group as well as mein of honor which allows you to heal even more and have less threat generation.

Druid actually seems very interesting I might have to check it out a bit more in b5.

Again just to clarify, this is only one of the many ways of doing this...you could go all the way into justicar and grab the battle-res and just not be quite as good of a healer but be a lot tougher and with a battle-res which is always nice. You could also go sent/pur/etc. to get different types of heals I just figured you'd want HoT's since your also DPSing with druid at the same time.

I also didn't bother going all the way into the druid tree because the last 4 or so abilities seem to be more PvP related.
    Last edited by Korncob; 01-17-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

I want to be able to quest without stopping to rest every 5 minutes......so I want to be able to self-heal. I want to be able to kill a mob or two rather quickly......I don't want to feel like I should turn and run if I aggro mult. mobs. I'd like to be able to assist in group by off healing.

Honestly, I haven't seen alot of talk about the druid and figured I'd give it a look-see. If anyone else has suggestions on how best to use this class, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Trin
    The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows..... Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Triniti View Post
    I want to be able to quest without stopping to rest every 5 minutes......so I want to be able to self-heal. I want to be able to kill a mob or two rather quickly......I don't want to feel like I should turn and run if I aggro mult. mobs. I'd like to be able to assist in group by off healing.

Honestly, I haven't seen alot of talk about the druid and figured I'd give it a look-see. If anyone else has suggestions on how best to use this class, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Trin
    Yah your druid pet heals you and justicar heals you every time you do damage basically so that makes you nigh unkillable. I honestly haven't had to stop and rest on any of my calling so far and I got all of them to about 10~15 ish so far.

I'm sold on the druid and the justicar.....I'm sure about the difference between endurance and armor boost...so I don't know which skill would benefit me better. The only thing I tweeked to the build you suggsted was that I took 1 point from Savage Force and put it into Rage of the Fae. I KNOW I'll use that...think its like beastial fury was in WoW, but this one is pet only. I played around with other souls to put in place of the Warden, but I think you pretty much nailed this one right on the head.

Thanks again!!

~Trn
    Last edited by Triniti; 01-17-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typo...ugh!

I'm sold on the druid and the justicar.....I'm sure about the difference between endurance and armor boost...so I don't know which skill would benefit me better. The only thing I tweeked to the build you suggsted was that I took 1 point from Savage Force and put it into Rage of the Fae. I KNOW I'll use that...think its like beastial fury was in WoW, but this one is pet only. I plaed around with other souls to put in place of the Warden, but I think you pretty much nailed this one right on the head.

Thanks again!!

~Trn
    Np, a lot of it is very opinion-based like what you changed it's all based on what you want to do.

Different between endurance and armor is armor is mitigation while endurance gives you armor AND health. I always prefer having both as just getting armor would make you vulnerable to magic damage.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Korncob View Post
    Np, a lot of it is very opinion-based like what you changed it's all based on what you want to do.

Different between endurance and armor is armor is mitigation while endurance gives you armor AND health. I always prefer having both as just getting armor would make you vulnerable to magic damage.
    I agree with you for the most part. Except where you get gobs and gobs of armor in comparison to a small % of endurance, as the large amount of armor will do more in mitigation than a small amount of armor and hp.

That build looks pretty solid for HoTs and soloing/leveling which I think was what the OP was asking for. Healing in instance I have found that on bosses I like having more instant heals and the HoTs in the background ticking away. But for what the OP asked about that looks like a very solid build.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. Except where you get gobs and gobs of armor in comparison to a small % of endurance, as the large amount of armor will do more in mitigation than a small amount of armor and hp.

That build looks pretty solid for HoTs and soloing/leveling which I think was what the OP was asking for. Healing in instance I have found that on bosses I like having more instant heals and the HoTs in the background ticking away. But for what the OP asked about that looks like a very solid build.
    You guys are awesome, thanks for all of the feedback. I've printed out the build and will roll with that for lvling.

BlackZilla, care to post a build I can use in instances, preferably maintaining the druid as main?

~Trin

BlackZilla, care to post a build I can use in instances, preferably maintaining the druid as main?

~Trin

Pretty please?

Shield of Telara

Pretty please?
    yes I sure will I'm at work at the moment will try to throw it together, if I dont have time I will gladly do it once I am home.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    yes I sure will I'm at work at the moment will try to throw it together, if I dont have time I will gladly do it once I am home.
    No rush......it can surely wait til you get the time. Thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom.

~Trin

Pretty please?
    Just as a side note, at least for beta, buying your second role(saved soul build) isn't very expensive. You can focus on a solo dps build and have a healing spec ready. That being said. Any Druid or Shaman spec with Justicar as your sub soul, and Warden as your zero soul will be able to offheal, and even main heal most leveling content up to 27 at least. And as long as you have at least 6 points in Druid, you'll never have mana or hp issues while soloing. I'm into the Shaman for a main soul myself, but these Druid builds linked are solid.
    Last edited by settledown; 01-17-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Rift Disciple

Honestly the cleric melee souls are broken at the moment. I can parse for 450 DPS single target with epic gear at level 50 but all my friends parse at 1k-2k on a single target dummy. The cleric melee is very broken at the moment and hopefully will get significant improvements.

But if you want a build, the best build for clerics currently is 10 in druid// 18 in justicar // rest in shaman. That's purely for DPS, if you want to pvp its more heavy into justicar and shaman, then 3rd soul would be sentinel. Though honestly, as it stands I don't see anyone playing the melee cleric once they see how it is at level 50, they just are completely crappy.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-17-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Honestly the cleric melee souls are broken at the moment. I can parse for 450 DPS single target with epic gear at level 50 but all my friends parse at 1k-2k on a single target dummy. The cleric melee is very broken at the moment and hopefully will get significant improvements.
    Um.....what?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast