+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 0 skill soul choise. Paragon or Beastmaster?

Default 0 skill soul choise. Paragon or Beastmaster?

I would like to play as my main a full 2handed claymore whatever, Champion caracter. I simply like 2h weapons more and I was wondering what would be best for a 0 to 2 skill soul invest for a PvP server:

+30% damage from paragorn buff 12s duration.

or

Companion pet.

Any help or tip is appreaciated.
    Last edited by FAT_KONAN; 01-17-2011 at 04:06 AM.

In PvE it's sometimes better to have an off tank than a DPS buff. The pet provides dps as well, so in PvE I'd say pet. In PvP I'd say paragon.

Telaran

for low levels and leveling get beastmaster. for high levels and pvp/grouping get the damage buff.

Considering that the BM pet deals a good share of your DPS without taking up GCD's and action points (or whatever the warrior mechanic is called) ... go BM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanCE View Post
    Considering that the BM pet deals a good share of your DPS without taking up GCD's and action points (or whatever the warrior mechanic is called) ... go BM.
    A pet without any of the supporting abilities from BM to improve its DPS really isn't very powerful. It adds some DPS, yes, but not as much as the Paragon buff. Also, the damage from the pet is a constant DoT throughout any battle, which isn't as good as the concentrated damage the paragon buff provides. Paragon is much better in pvp for that reason.

Again I would agree that the pet is better for PvE leveling, but nothing else, really.

Quote Originally Posted by FAT_KONAN View Post
    I would like to play as my main a full 2handed claymore whatever, Champion caracter. I simply like 2h weapons more and I was wondering what would be best for a 0 to 2 skill soul invest for a PvP server:

+30% damage from paragorn buff 12s duration.

or

Companion pet.

Any help or tip is appreaciated.
    Paragon. You will do more dps.

I believe 0 point pets only go up to level 30, so even if you were to choose beast it's only good til then.

If I were you I'd consider putting in at least 8+ points in Paragon. You have 16 points to spare, and paragon has some nice stuff early on even for the 2 handers.

+ Reply to Thread