+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Restealthing - whats the out of combat timer like?

Shadowlander

Default Restealthing - whats the out of combat timer like?

Can I blind a person in combat and restealth before they come out of blind?

Also, how close can an assassin get to an opponent without being seen(if he skills all stealth talents)? Similar to WOW= pretty much no problem to get close and attack without being seen?

How much Energy gets consumed by Savage Strike?

So far it takes a really long time for you to be considered out of combat. So blinding them won't do a thing. Probably best just to run away and hide and restealth.

Going out of combat takes too long... the quickest way is to kill your target (u go out of combat immediatly after the one u'r attacking/the one that is attacking u die)... if u want to restealth in combat than the only way is the 31 point tree ability of the sin... nothing more than it ;)

if u have all the passive bonus... use the active skill to increase your chance of not being noticed... and your opponent have no bonus in noticing stealthed char (there are soul that give passive bonus or sckill that help found out stealthed char) u can stay close to him without problem... close enough to use your melee skill without him noticing u until u go out of stealth after the first strike...
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

For a point of reference, i was able to see rogues my level before they reached me, i was a lvl20 archon with no + stealth detection. Of course they were still so close i had little chance to react before they were able to strike me
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

Soulwalker

One important difference concerns the other stealth assasin soul, Nightblade.

They have multiple assasination attacks that depend on stealth that stun and disorient on hits.
    Several of these have 20m ranges, unlike the assasin melee raneg limitation for their assasination moves.

At 20m in stealth, same level characters and mobs have no chance to detect you.
    It's possible a beastmaster who specced into detect might be able to though, probably no one else.

Shadowlander

Ok thanks for the answers. Just, what energy cost is Savage Strike?

Believe the cost was 20. Could be wrong though it's been too long since the last beta !!!!

Telaran

20 at base, but when you level up, do skills costs not get higher also?

Clarifaction - I meant when you level up the skill, not you yourself levelling.
    Last edited by KKing650; 01-17-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    So far it takes a really long time for you to be considered out of combat. So blinding them won't do a thing. Probably best just to run away and hide and restealth.
    Complete and utter ********. If your fighting 1v1 and blind an opponent you can restealth in 5 seconds the exact same as WoW.

You need to spec improved stealth to walk up to someone from the front without being seen, but simply standing in front of them will make you slightly visible either way.

Your standard combo builders cost 20 energy, your finishers usually cost 25 but are cheaper per combo point used. Trion are reworking the energy mechanics for Beta5 however.
    Last edited by Khrux; 01-17-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Soulwalker

More info on the melee rogues stealth attacks can be found here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...es-and-Options

Shadowlander

Khrux, thanks a lot for the info! Thats great news ;) So I can restealth with blind without wasting vanish! Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Complete and utter ********. If your fighting 1v1 and blind an opponent you can restealth in 5 seconds the exact same as WoW.

You need to spec improved stealth to walk up to someone from the front without being seen, but simply standing in front of them will make you slightly visible either way.

Your standard combo builders cost 20 energy, your finishers usually cost 25 but are cheaper per combo point used. Trion are reworking the energy mechanics for Beta5 however.
    I think you're full of ********. I tried it and it didn't work at all. What if you blind them and they have a debufff on you, then that's counted as still in combat. You need to use your brain.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-17-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Shadowlander

hm, so debuffs prevent me from going out of combat after a blind? That sounds like a bug, you should report it!

Plane Touched

I found that most people try to put a DoT on you once they see you are a stealther. That makes it a really pain in the A to restealth LOL

But your best course of action is to run and restealth if you think you are just going to blind someone and then stealth GOOD LUCK

This video will give you the best examples of what has to happen to restealth.

Distance & Time

This person played almost identically to how I played I think its a great vid

Quote Originally Posted by Erongada View Post
    I found that most people try to put a DoT on you once they see you are a stealther. That makes it a really pain in the A to restealth LOL

But your best course of action is to run and restealth if you think you are just going to blind someone and then stealth GOOD LUCK

This video will give you the best examples of what has to happen to restealth.

Distance & Time

This person played almost identically to how I played I think its a great vid
    Yeah, but that's what the Assassin tree is for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast