+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most damage: 2 handed weapons or dual wield?

Shadowlander

Default Most damage: 2 handed weapons or dual wield?

Tomato or tomaughto?

For warrior highest sustained is DW, highest burst is 2H. Both are pretty close to each other in burst and sustained so it is a matter of preference over one being superior.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Rea

Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    For warrior highest sustained is DW, highest burst is 2H. Both are pretty close to each other in burst and sustained so it is a matter of preference over one being superior.
    that pretty much sums it up, but i expect the difference in dps/burst to increase with higher gear/soulpoints

Telaran

I really hope it stays this way. I really like the way DW type class's play. I understand 2h needs something cool of its own and burst with big hits is usually it. More sustained DPS traded for more burst seems fair to me but when people complain about 2h not raiding as well it usually means DW gets left out. Same constant DPS and less burst.

from what ive seen, there are NO RUNES for 2h weapons, only for MH, so maybe, at higher levels this will be an advantage
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    from what ive seen, there are NO RUNES for 2h weapons, only for MH, so maybe, at higher levels this will be an advantage
    2h weapons can use 1h, mainhand, and offhand enchants. Or atleast they have been able to so far.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    what I have seen also.
    2h look really nice in the videos with the big bam, bunch of little numbers adding up to the same damage does not look as impressive. However that being said, I think 2h has an advantage in pvp since warriors do not lose their "combo points" by switching targets. so they can run in a whamo someone without having to buildup their points again.

Rift Disciple

Another thing nice about 2Handed weapons is that you don't have to worry about your off Hand gear. either a Shield or a Off Hand weapon.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    Yes there are. I was making +7 melee power/+7 spell power for 2 handers last beta. There are lower versions as well (think it was +5 melee/spell power but that was back in beta 1 when I was making those so memory fails me).
    The Devil can wait, my soul now belongs to Kemwer for the sig

+ Reply to Thread