+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladins Fun?

Default Paladins Fun?

i just started looking into this game last night, and i was wondering if playing a paladin is fun. Ill probably go paladin,reaver, something else, im a total noob to this game so ill have to study the combos i guess

It depends on what you want to do. A paladin is fun for me because I like to tank and do dungeons.

They have a few tricks, like a charge, a hammer they can throw that stuns enemies, a LoH type ability that restores their full health every 20 minutes, an ability to throw off all snares / stuns / mezzes with a click.

They're a good class if you're in a group tbh.

im wanting to tank dungeons and all, but i also want to be able to win in pvp if i get ambushed or something

I play on a PVE server so I'm not the person to ask. I did play in a few warfronts with my paladin spec and paladins work very well for holding the flag (which is a shard in rift).

You can simply change specs for PVP though.
    Last edited by Aurelie; 01-16-2011 at 11:51 PM.

explain more please from what i understand you can gain up to 3 different classes or something, like a paladin/ reaver/ warlord, or something

Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun View Post
    explain more please from what i understand you can gain up to 3 different classes or something, like a paladin/ reaver/ warlord, or something
    You can get all 9 souls of your calling. You can only have 3 of the ones you have "equipped" in a given role. You can have 4 roles. You can respec a role at your calling trainer.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

alright thank you both for taking the time to help me, i just found this game last night so there are some alien concepts that confuse me

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun View Post
    Forget everything you know about classes from other MMOs. This system is completely different.

There are 4 callings in the game. Think of them as general archtypes that fit the normal fantasy roles Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, and Mage.

Each calling has 8 general souls and 1 PvP soul. Think of souls like flavors. Each one is unique in it's own way, but you will be mixing three of them to get your final character build.

For a warrior the souls are split in two categories, DPS and Tanking. Paladin, Reaver, Void Knight, and WarLord are the tanking souls. Paragon, RiftBlade, Champion, and Beast Master are the DPS souls. Just because a soul is in one category does not mean it suffers in the other.

For example the Paragon specialized in dual wielding and sustained DPS. It also has many abilities which can help a tank parry. The Void Knight on the other hand while master of tanking magic opponents has one of the best spike dmg abilities in the game.

You make a build from 3 of these souls, but your character has access to all 9. You get access to build storage which allows you to save up to 4 unique builds using any of the 9 souls. You can swap between builds when out of combat (takes about 5 seconds).

So you could have 2 tank builds, a support build, and a DPS build saved to your character. This allows you to switch out as needed. Each build can be build with any of the 9 souls.

I hope that clears up the class system for you.
    Last edited by MadMainer; 01-17-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

aye it does, thank you

+ Reply to Thread