+ Reply to Thread

Thread: such a thing as shadow priest in Rift?

Rift Disciple

Default such a thing as shadow priest in Rift?

Sorry for the WoW reference but its all I have to base it on. I was a mage for a long long time and always wanted to either be a warlock or shadow priest instead.

I am interested in being a shadow priest as a viable dps spec but also I'd like to try healing too because healers were so hard to come by in WoW. I looked at clerics and mages and it doesn't seem like I can have both great dps and great healing but maybe i'm mistaken. can anyone link me to some builds or youtube vids of a "Rift version" of shadow priest?

thanks

Shadowlander

The inquisitor soul comes closest to a shadow priest I believe. You can check out all the classes/talents here
    http://rift-planner.com/#
    Last edited by Kaos; 01-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Telaran

yep cabalist are dark clerics. If you go cleric you can also spec into a healer, or a tank.

skill planner

Telaran

Uh, game play wise, Chloromancer would be far, far closer to WoW's shadowpreist with its light raid healing caused on damage done.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Obregon View Post
    Uh, game play wise, Chloromancer would be far, far closer to WoW's shadowpreist with its light raid healing caused on damage done.
    IMO not even close, shadowpriests weren't there for thier small healing on damage done, inquisitor has more similar abilities to a shadowpriest.

go check out (if x class was this in x what would it be in x) or whatever, I put a coupel specs for everyone for an easy time adjusting to rift (shadow priest was one of them)
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

I would definately agree that VE's self heals were a very minor part that a shadow priest plays. As a current shadow priest in a top 100 world raiding guild I would agree that Inquisitor is the closest related class. Which is also what I'll be rolling.

Telaran

Default Shadow Priest

Amar, Your build looks good, I was contemplating same thing - Like the ability for leading off with the Sigil and then most of the spells are on the same spell line (Death). Only adjustment I might make, is to add in the pushback in the cabby tree.

Since I played a Shadow Priest in WOW, I would be most curious if this build can actually work well. The cabalist is noted for having slower cast times. With the Shadow Priest being more heavily dependent on good gear (I guess all toons would be huh?).

Soulwalker

Perhaps you might want to take a look at playing a Necro or Warlock. And for a healer go with Chloromancer as another role. Granted the Inquisitor might be what your somewhat looking for if you wanna go cleric side. But don't discount the mage side since they have a healing class also, plus your lock and necro.

+ Reply to Thread