+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necromancer/stormcaller/chloromancer

Default Necromancer/stormcaller/chloromancer

So in beta 4 I really got into the magician classes, specificly necromancer and chloromancer combined along with some pyromancer for some easy soloing.

However after looking at the stormcaller I decided I liked that a bit better than the pyromancer for direct damage (Plus the animations for the lightning spells just looked cooler imo ) but anyways after some tampering with a soul calculater i came up with this little build that would suit me for leveling and endgame of course as it is required to be level 50, hopefuly others might get a kick out of it as well.

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...18,5_&lang=eng

The way I would see this working is being heavily reliant on the necros pet of course while also using the chloro skills "lifegiving veil" and "synthesis" to keep your pet up at the peak of health while also giving yourself a fair income during long fights or just nonstop grinding. I was also thinking that the steady income of healing would also allow you to use "Reclaim Power" From the necro tree more often, and lastly I absolutely despise DoT's so that's why the stormcaller was thrown in there for some direct damage.

So let me know what you think, any suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by rbwade; 01-16-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I levelled an Ele/SC/Dom mage through last beta - and I have to tell you, I wasn't actually all that impressed with the SC damage side. Its DD is a little underpowered I think, because it has the built in crowd control attached, so its underpowered to balance that.

Just my two penn'orth though.

X

Soulwalker

If this build is used for solo Pve content then i would change some of the necromancer skills :

- With all these instant spells from stromcaller its not likley that you will use your 2 sec plague bolt much so the death's ally skill will give you more use.
    -Soul rend and Grave touch are your rogue pet abilities and you will most likely use your tank pet to solo. Fresh graves is not the best way to go unless you plan to always kite mobs ro play group content.
    - Soul purge is the the best spell/skill the necromancer has and is definitly worth the skill point.
    - Grave rot is the spell to use to build up stacks of deathly callings. If you use Fresh graves then i would definlty take this skill and lose a point in symbiote.
    - Lich form give you 10% more damage, 20% more mana regen and 33% damage from your pet. Lose a point in Clattering Bones or vengeful spirit and take it.

Did not give stormcaller a try yet so can't comment on it

Thanks a bunch for the input its really helping out. Decided i'll wait till beta 5 and test stormcaller vs pyromancer for the second soul.

+ Reply to Thread