+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would this pyro and dom skill chain work?

Default Would this pyro and dom skill chain work?

This build
    http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...16,5_&lang=eng

Would the transmogrify in this case allow for 'inserting' trans within the standard pyro chain? Since it lowers cast time by 50% both it and fireball would enjoy a sub GCD cast time, meaning that as long as every other, or every third cast was trans you would keep the chain going indefinitely, get the same number of fireballs you normally would have gotten with out the cast speed increase, get a 50% damage bonus, and keep the enemy much more controlled than normal.

Of course it only works if GCD starts when you push the button, and not when cast is complete. I dont know this since ive not played the game yet =P

Extrapolating on this some:

0---Transmogrify
    1.5-Exposure
    3---Flame Bolt
    4.5-Transmogrify
    6----Fireball
    7.5-Transmogrify
    9----Fireball
    10.5-Transmogrify
    12---Flame Bolt
    13.5-Transmogrify
    15---Fireball

etc.

84% damage bonus on every fireball, with a 20% crit chance and 50% crit bonus damage.

Yeah i dont know what im doing and am just playing with the calculator, but i see so many people saying that builds with even point spreads are discouraged/do not exist, so im throwing this out here to see if maybe ive found one that works ^_^
    Last edited by Vabjekf; 01-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    This build

Would the transmogrify in this case allow for 'inserting' trans within the standard pyro chain? Since it lowers cast time by 50% both it and fireball would enjoy a sub GCD cast time, meaning that as long as every other, or every third cast was trans you would keep the chain going indefinitely, get the same number of fireballs you normally would have gotten with out the cast speed increase, get a 50% damage bonus, and keep the enemy much more controlled than normal.
    Could be an interesting concept for sure, I presume after the first 2 sec Trans, each subsequent one is only 1 sec cast?

Of course it only works if GCD starts when you push the button, and not when cast is complete. I dont know this since ive not played the game yet =P
    GCD starts when you push the button

Extrapolating on this some:

0---Transmogrify
    1.5-Exposure
    3---Flame Bolt
    4.5-Transmogrify
    6----Fireball
    7.5-Transmogrify
    9----Fireball
    10.5-Transmogrify
    12---Flame Bolt
    13.5-Transmogrify
    15---Fireball

etc.

84% damage bonus on every fireball, with a 20% crit chance and 50% crit bonus damage.

Yeah i dont know what im doing and am just playing with the calculator, but i see so many people saying that builds with even point spreads are discouraged/do not exist, so im throwing this out here to see if maybe ive found one that works ^_^
    Looks very interesting for sure, dont think you said whether this was intended for PVE or PVP though?

no someone pointed out in the dominator thread that control effects have diminishing returns in their durations and opponents gain immunities to them on the 2nd or third time being hit with a certain effect. I don't really know the specifics though, but generally the idea is that there are built in abuse preventions to cc.
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-17-2011 at 01:50 AM.

does it have to 'land' for swift control to kick in though? How about controlled opportunity?

Even with out the CC of something being squirreled this would still increase your overall DPS above simply using pyro skills and chaining them.

Obviously it would just be for soloing, wouldnt be much good for group pve, and while it could perhaps be interesting for pvp a full dom build is what im looking at for that.

Prophet of Telara

Shield of Telara

The diminishing returns really only apply to PvP. In PvE in instances and open world I've never had an issue with Transmorg lasting the entire duration. In rifts I will keep a mob trans'd until I am finished with another sometimes in the case of elites taking many recasts and that other elite never pops out early unless someone else grabs it from me.

+ Reply to Thread