+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker / Blade Dancer / Ranger

Shadowlander

Default Riftstalker / Blade Dancer / Ranger

Anyone have any comments on such a make up? I thought it would be a nice show of force with nice ranged + a pet.

Shadowlander

Well I suppose if you want to be a ranger with the extra defense it would work, you'd also have the possibility of switching to melee (though it wouldn't be very strong and I personally don't like mixing melee and ranged like that)

Being able to move with Riftstalker is nice but I'm not sure why you'd want to go blade dancer if you plan to be ranged, unless you plan to be mostly melee with at least a few ranged abilities? (which makes sense since neither bladedancer nor riftstalker can hit from a distance... I think?) But your pet wouldn't be very powerful... but might be a nice add on if you do actually put some points into ranger.

Actually... that build could have some great survivability. Ranger has some nice stuff in the first few branches for hp and dmg reduction, then riftstalker naturally has many defense bonuses, and blade dancer has great dodge. The most effective build I can think of then would be putting most into bladedancer (assuming you want to be dealing damage and not be a complete tank), less in Riftstalker, and then a few (5-10) in ranger. That's just my opinion though.

Shadowlander

Yeah. It was meant to be a fairly good survival class... nice def + melee, but has some options to range. even add a pet in for added annoyances.

Soulwalker

Default My build :d

this is actually the exacy combination of class es i play. I think its amazing, the potential isnt fully shown by lvl 20-30, but once i get to 40 im sure ittle be insane. I use the ranger just for the pet, got 0 points in it. The combination of riftstalker/bladedancer is amazing enough in my opinion. You got the dodges and dmg skills from bladedancer, also some cc to help with the riftstalker. With this combination you basically cant be stunned cause you get like 5 skills in total to remove that stuff, also you get amazingly tanky with the dodge and riftstalker, and chasing, and dps, sooo ya in my opinion its not missing anything

RIFT Community Ambassador

i think the build could possibly work. it depends on how you play though.... i wouldnt use it myself. then again thats why i chose marksman in the first place.

http://rift.dev.zam.com/cluster/stc.....xfdVhVbdsR.Eh
    so this is what i came up with rift/blade/rang
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 01-17-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

+ Reply to Thread