+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When do souls become available?

Shadowlander

Default When do souls become available?

I know you've got your first three by the time you get out of the starter zone, and several are available through quests in the teens. Anyone know if it will still be like that in the release version?

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by pho man View Post
    I know you've got your first three by the time you get out of the starter zone, and several are available through quests in the teens. Anyone know if it will still be like that in the release version?
    thats the idea for now. first 3 in starter area and the rest of them later. theres still a few betas to go through and it could change, but i dont think it will.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pho man View Post
    Prolly not. I think you will get 3 souls fairly quick, and after that you get em from quests in the main city, and ´quest chains. The City have a specific quest for a specific soul, and the chain quests have a free choice of the remaining ssouls. Atleast thats how I think it will work.

I have to say i liked it more when you were lvl 18-19 getting your 3rd soul over this you get them all at the start, you at least felt you accomplished something when you had to try for the soul.
    Daedalus
    http://www.daedalusguild.net
    Making gaming fun! Friendly, experienced and recruiting for Rift - check out our website!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18818&dateline=129138  1811

Rea

however it will be, you can expect to get all souls before you hit lv20, since the first instance is available at lv16, where you need tank/healer
    and well, who starts with a defensive soul?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post
    however it will be, you can expect to get all souls before you hit lv20, since the first instance is available at lv16, where you need tank/healer
    and well, who starts with a defensive soul?
    All 8 souls before 20 is prolly a bit much. I dont think they would give you that many. I would expect to have 3-4 souls at 20.

Soulwalker

I really hope they go back to getting your 3rd soul right before the first dungeon (lvl17-18) for release (keep 66 soul pts total though). I would expect you get access to a soul quest every 4-5 levels after that. There isn't any reason to have 3 souls by level 6 the way they have it set up for beta. Plus giving you 1 soul quest at a time after that forces you to make a decision toward the way you want to develop your char. Decisions and char progression are fun.

+ Reply to Thread