+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: DPS order who I think should be #1 and why

Quote Originally Posted by Kysiel View Post
    Actual view of how dps should be balanced from the view of any player of any mmo ever-

#1 - me.

#2 - everyone else.
    I disgree it should be:

Us: Alive

Boss: Dead

and dps is balanced.

This relies on human beings playing the game not merciless min/max bots that kick scores of people from raids based on test shard notes
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 12-05-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Banned

How about this?

Warrior DPS = Mage DPS = Rogue DPS = Cleric DPS

Fixed. That was pretty easy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    How about this?

Warrior DPS = Mage DPS = Rogue DPS = Cleric DPS

Fixed. That was pretty easy.
    While we're at it, can we have...,

Warrior ranged DPS = Mage ranged DPS = Rogue ranged DPS = Cleric ranged DPS...

Along with either
    Warrior Tank (Somewhat greater) > Rogue Tank = Cleric Tank.
    OR
    Warrior Healing and/or Support.

Just trying to keep it fair.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    I disgree it should be:

Us: Alive

Boss: Dead

and dps is balanced.

This relies on human beings playing the game not merciless min/max bots that kick scores of people from raids based on test shard notes
    It's always a nice surprise to see someone on the internet who COMPLETELY GETS IT

Basically everyone should start out with the same dps and then lose 1% for each forum post.....

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post

Along with either
    OR

I have ZERO problems with Rogue,War and Mages in healing builds, that can heal just as well as cleric in healings builds so long as clerics in DPS builds can DPS as well as the other classes.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

I'm perfectly happy to give all 4 callings the ability to do tanking, healing, DPS and support as long as they are all on par with one another. I'm sick of being told because i'm a cleric I should be a master of every role. Here take it if you think the grass is more green I just ask for equality for cleric roles vs the other 3 callings in return.

--=Jynxed ~ Greybriar=--
    --=ROF 4/4 ~ MS 5/5 ~ TF 3/3 ~ HK 3/11=--

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...71#edit9672671

^ is what it should be. would shut up a ton of whining and in general make for a much better game. even with a similer statement made by kaervick its obviously not happening. wtb fixes.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Rift Disciple

Will work for as long as the players that choose classes with only dps advancement do not start the "I can only do X, so I should be the best at X argument" or the "if Class 1 can do X and Y then why have Class 2 that only does X (X being equal) that many in mmorpg game communities use.
    Supporter of different, but equal soul design.
    Just waiting for the next infraction and my banning, but at least my solution isn't "you are bad and l2play".

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...71#edit9672671

^ is what it should be. would shut up a ton of whining and in general make for a much better game. even with a similer statement made by kaervick its obviously not happening. wtb fixes.
    Sounds horrible to be honest, I love Rift for the ability to be able to switch my souls completely whenever I want. All it is is pretty words, there will still be (and already is) class imbalance in PVP in SWTOR.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Omg... I am starting to hate Rogues now even though i am one myself, but the amount of QQ Rogues put up on forums is just unbearable. Ofcourse there are some issues but with all these terribad Rogues and their ideas making the whole Rogue community look really bad. I am also starting to hate 1.5 for making so many reroll nub Rogues...
    Last edited by PORTERR; 12-05-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post

Along with either
    OR

Ok Not a troll thread and sorry for grammar mistakes. I am very interested in some good answer please.

First the utility argument is just a way to deflect the topic. I really do not think a raid needs 15 purges or disrupts. Since rogue range and warriors bring the interrupts. It’s really a dead issue. Mages and clerics also have these utlities if spec right. Thus that just a very wacky argument.

If someone else could clue me in on any other utility you might need in raids. Then I am all ears for that. As it stands that is it for almost all fights. The only exception is knocking back. Warrior, mages and rogue have for green scale and those dang plants who take for ever to kill.

Now to the core issue for warriors I have some question for you.

1. Did you read your role that you will be playing?
    2. Did it say you will have a healing class?
    3. Did it say you have a effective ranged class?
    4. Did you believe that it would have a healing and ranged soul?
    5. Did you ever play anther mmo that had a warrior do this? No paladin was it own weird cleric knight class.
    6. Why did you choose to role a warrior
    7. Did you role your warrior to be a tank?
    8. If not to be a tank then why restrict other classes into their specific class.
    9. Did you role a warrior so all can progress in the end game stuff
    10. Or did you role a warrior so that you have a guarantee spot in a raid without concern for actually progress. Instead of just getting the lot if it drops.
    11. Due you really want something handed to you and not earn it and feel like you actually accomplish something? Instead of saying here you have the highest dps, raids spot for you and don’t worry its free no skill needed.
    12. Do not troll this. This is some basic question I am really curious about.

The reason why i asked these question is this. See game is based on fun. If a person dps or heals is low and is not making a raid or pvp progress. Then there is absolutely no reason to bring that person to pvp or raid due to the fact of low dps or heals. That person is then not having fun.

The goals of equal dps for all players in any situation in the game level the playing field and actually enhance the game. This would require people to actually apply themselves. It then boils down to skill and cunning. Trion should offer equal dps within 200 marks.

Sorry it does make people mad. But with equal dps means equal the fun. As it then boils down to who better at pushing a button. If you have macro keyboard and mouse the odds are you will win. Thus, please thank of what a person is losing by trying to say we don’t have this and I want it because I pay money and did not read the description of my character.

BTw I have no abjection to giving warrior a healing tree and support tree at the cost of them having only one tank tree. In this twisted name of balance and fairness to all classes. This would solve all the problems if all classes had one of everything. Boring as all heck ,yup. But hey that what people want and the only true way to perfectly balance all classes. Thus the only real way to balance a game.
    Last edited by youkiddingme; 12-05-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by PORTERR View Post
    Omg... I am starting to hate Rogues now even though i am one myself, but the amount of QQ Rogues put up on forums is just unbearable. Ofcourse there are some issues but with all these terribad Rogues and their ideas making the whole Rogue community look really bad. I am also starting to hate 1.5 for making so many reroll nub Rogues...
    The issue is the terrible arguments they put up to say they must be top DPS. The most common being 'cos its always been that way in other games' and 'melee is harder to play than ranged'. Warriors do the 'we cant support so no one would take us otherwise' argument. They also dismiss any counter points as irrelevant (like 'unless the Boss mechanics change this' while ignored MOST Boss mechanics do) It gets very boring as its easy to show what they say is rubbish or irrelevant.

I also do not understand people that are happy to diminish the chances of success in their raid or pvp team by asking for nerfs to other classes. Selfishness at it's most stupid.

The Mage dev recently indicated that they wanted to balance all classes equally. That makes complete sense to me. Clerics too. It benefits no one to have an overpowered or underpowered class as the whole game suffers. Of course achieving this is anther matter.
    Last edited by Zartanic; 12-05-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvain View Post
    Basically everyone should start out with the same dps and then lose 1% for each forum post.....
    lol, your dps would suck, reallly bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Revalan View Post
    lol, your dps would suck, reallly bad...
    I am a cleric.....how bad could it be....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast