+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello there...

Default Hello there...

So, i decided that because this game looks sweet id give the beta a go, now, i used to play wow (80 priest and 80 warlock) and I would like to know if there is any specific class i should use (what with my being new) or if I should just jump on in, I was thinking about making a riftstalker but I'm worried that it may be too much for a noob to handle

Jump in and have fun. Play with the different souls. Imagine what kind of things you could mix together. With 10 classes, and 3 talent trees, WoW basically had 30 "main" specs not counting splits of course.

Rift has 336.

Riftstalker is like WoW Rogue with shortrange teleports you hit every 15 secs or so (you know you want to =)).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir Hawat View Post
    So, i decided that because this game looks sweet id give the beta a go, now, i used to play wow (80 priest and 80 warlock) and I would like to know if there is any specific class i should use (what with my being new) or if I should just jump on in, I was thinking about making a riftstalker but I'm worried that it may be too much for a noob to handle
    There are some things you got to know that differ Rift from archtype based games like WoW or Aion or what ever.

You have 4 callings, warriors, rogues, mages and clerics.

All of these callings have 8 pve and one "pvp" soul nuff said.

Rogues,mages and clerics got souls who are able to heal
    Rogues,clerics and warriors got soul who are able to tank
    All callings got supportive classes
    All callings got dps classes.

If you like the warlock try a mage and give a warlock elementalist a try, warlock has some nasty dd spells and dot's ande elementalist have some pet and crit dmg enhance.

If you like a shadow priest play a cleric calling and mix inquisitor and cabbalist.

There are some ways you can fit callings to your gamestyle or to the gamestyle you want or have played. Or you do something new and funny like a rogue calling with riftblade as main what is the tank soul of the rogues and tank in instances.

You have by far the most freedom in your final choice of what you want to play i've seen in a mmo. You can mix 3 souls of one calling and can bulid 4 "soulbuilds" you can swap out of fight.

for example:

Soulbuild 1 - Shammy/druid/x meele dd
    Soulbuild 2 - Cabba/inqui/x Aoe range dd
    Soulbuild 3 - Inqui/cabba/x range single target dd
    Soulbuild 4 - Purifier/warden/x Pure heal

So you can build up 4 soulbuilds for your calling with 9 souls and mix them togheter to fit your playstyle.

So jump in and have loads of fun ,-) .

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Karnaga View Post
    stuff
    +1 Karnaga, looks like a good start to a sticky post

+edit p.s, Love the sig
    Last edited by Kezic; 01-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kezic View Post
    +1 Karnaga, looks like a good start to a sticky post

+edit p.s, Love the sig
    Wait for Beta 5 There will be more ^^.

my english is gotten awefull so noone will make that post sticky and after i read it a third time it looks to me like some fanboy kind of text. It's ok what i explained there but i don't know if someone new understand what i say, let's wait for more pesponse.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnaga View Post
    There are some things you got to know that differ Rift from archtype based games like WoW or Aion or what ever.

You have 4 callings, warriors, rogues, mages and clerics.

All of these callings have 8 pve and one "pvp" soul nuff said.

Rogues,mages and clerics got souls who are able to heal
    Rogues,clerics and warriors got soul who are able to tank
    All callings got supportive classes
    All callings got dps classes.

If you like the warlock try a mage and give a warlock elementalist a try, warlock has some nasty dd spells and dot's ande elementalist have some pet and crit dmg enhance.

If you like a shadow priest play a cleric calling and mix inquisitor and cabbalist.

There are some ways you can fit callings to your gamestyle or to the gamestyle you want or have played. Or you do something new and funny like a rogue calling with riftblade as main what is the tank soul of the rogues and tank in instances.

You have by far the most freedom in your final choice of what you want to play i've seen in a mmo. You can mix 3 souls of one calling and can bulid 4 "soulbuilds" you can swap out of fight.

for example:

Soulbuild 1 - Shammy/druid/x meele dd
    Soulbuild 2 - Cabba/inqui/x Aoe range dd
    Soulbuild 3 - Inqui/cabba/x range single target dd
    Soulbuild 4 - Purifier/warden/x Pure heal

So you can build up 4 soulbuilds for your calling with 9 souls and mix them togheter to fit your playstyle.

So jump in and have loads of fun ,-) .
    wow, thanks that answered pretty much every question I had

+ Reply to Thread