+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyro PVE dps build. Your thoughts?

Default Pyro PVE dps build. Your thoughts?

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng

I did that thinking in a pve fight, no pvp since we have quad spec we can pretty much max ourselves. What do you guys think?

Looks pretty good.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Looks pretty good!
    Couple of changes I would make though:

- You have 20 points in Warlock, may as well put another 5 in for +10% spelldamage
    - Drop all points from Archon except for Soul Fire, I dont feel the rest carry enough weight if your intending to maximise your DPS in PVE
    - Fiery Concentration isnt really needed for PVE I'd wager, have to see how much pushback is encountered in endgame pve content
    - Swap the mana abilities of Archon for Improved Smouldering Power, which massively reduces your spells costs
    - Couple extra points in Wildfire - always extra nice when that procs and get 3 free flame bolts

Its a great build which I'd say would do extraordinairly well in PVE for sure!

I agree with you on fiery concentration and those 5 extra points in warlock is indeed a good idea.

But being a former Arcane Mage without the push back protection... while I did made it without it, it really... really annoyed me when I indeed get hit.
    However, if I do move, i'd prolly take those 3 points from push bakc and move it to warlock tree for those spell power ^^

Soulwalker

Not bad.
    Didn't think about going into Warlock for Pyro.
    I'm going with http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng myself.

The +50% Crit damage from Ele is just too delicious to give up. And Exposure is just plain sweet. +10% damage from Fire, Water, Earth and Air spells.
    A few points into smoldering power to allow it to be cast in combat. 2 in Exhilaration because let's face it, with Fireball having a +20% crit chance from soul points alone, +5% for all other spells, you're gonna crit a lot. And getting 1% of your maximum mana back everytime, well that's just awesome. This can also be changed for more Mana efficiency by taking the points out of Backdraft and Fire Storm, and one point out of smoldering power, and putting them in Exhilaration for an added +1.5% mana return on crits

Did put a few more points into AoE fire, plus I wanted the 38 pointer (Lockdown) for the +5% Fire Damage Taken and -90% runspeed for 8s. You're not always gonna have an AoE'er around, especially if you're doing 5man dungeons, so a bit of added damage to that is always nice.
    Last edited by Z70FF3; 01-16-2011 at 07:46 PM.

You are going that high into ele, why not go all 34 into it and get the pumped up pet, more charge, more spell power and that 20 second temp buff at 32? Also gives you some better mana regen options. Btw you dont need Fiery Concentration or Lockdown for pve either, lockdown is a pure waste of time, mana and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seidon View Post
    You are going that high into ele, why not go all 34 into it and get the pumped up pet, more charge, more spell power and that 20 second temp buff at 32? Also gives you some better mana regen options. Btw you dont need Fiery Concentration or Lockdown for pve either, lockdown is a pure waste of time, mana and dps.
    I wouldn't call it a complete waste, it would combine nicely with AoE spamming, and a 5% increase to damage is better than nothing!

But it is worse then casting any other dps spell. So..it's a complete waste if you try to maximize your dps, which you should do as a pyro. And then, being a pyro is a complete waste on an aoe encounter when you can click one button and become a stormcaller..

I hardly see pets as viable in pve raiding/heroic. So I wouldnt waste points pumping up my pet either, pets are more to leveling and pvp than anything.

Hmm those points in elementalists are good... but I worry about mana conservation. Without warlock's "mana tap" (sacrifice health: mana).

Maybe we could remove the warden tree use ele/war/pyro?

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...16,5_&lang=eng

Not sure not sure
    Last edited by Reihert; 01-17-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Hmm those points in elementalists are good... but I worry about mana conservation. Without warlock's "mana tap" (sacrifice health: mana).
    Hint: elementalist tree, 32 points.

Telaran

What about when those ignites crit tick, wildfire and PA proc, your feeling a greedy and hit Heat Wave just for funzies and it all crits?

Tbh i'm not getting what you are trying to say but no, temp buffs like heat wave, intensify elements, elemental forces and such are to be used as soon as they cool down. Waiting with them not running is a waste of dps, unless the specifics of a particular encounter have you to stop casting for some time for whatever reason.

I can almost guarantee wildfire will be worthless for PvE, and about a 95% chance that Imp. flame bolt will be as well.

I think this is the highest DPS build, assuming someone else picks up exposure in a perfect world http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...16,5_&lang=eng

I think this might end up being a viable fire DPS spec. You basically gain 10% fire damage vs. instant cinderburst procs, and this is banking on elemental damage not being a waste for a boss (they've already stated pet damage will scale with gear, I'm almost positive) http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng

Prophet of Telara

I'm always torn on whether Tempest or Exposure is the best way to go. I get that 50% extra Crit Damage is great... but surely 10% more damage across the board, guaranteed, on every hit will work out better?

I was thinking about one of the abilities I had in last beta, which hit for ~97 normal and ~130 crit. If I just spammed it, then I'd end up with let's call it 10 extra damage every hit with Exposure and let's call it 15 extra damage every crit. So over 3 hits, I get 30 extra damage from Exposure... and I have to Crit twice out of 3 hits (66%) to equal that damage increase. On your set-up, you have a 10% increase to crits and an extra 15% increase on Fireball only. It's going to be tough to get your general crit-rate up to, say, 66% from base stats and buffs isn't it?

I dunno... I tend to go for Exposure over Tempest... but I also tend not to go for totally all out DPS builds, so I don't really know how often you do get crits when you do.

X

You dont need exposure in your raid dps build, as there will be someone (an archon probably) who will have maxed out exposure.
    Btw, if you consider improved flame bolt (and its further upgraqde for instant cast) a waste of points, you should beef up your math skills or reroll as some sort of a pathetic priest. Yes, it's that bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast