+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elementalist/Archon/0-Dom

Ascendant

Default Elementalist/Archon/0-Dom

Now, I've been looking at a bunch of options for a PvP spec and this one really has me thinking how powerful it can be.

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...16,5_&lang=eng

Every single archon buff will benefit your pet, including (especially) earthen barrage which synergizes insanely well with intensify elements.

It's all theory here but I'm thinking this would be one of the highest mage DPS specs I can come up with.

Passive:
    20% spell power/healing. (4% per active aura, 5 auras total - Power in Numbers)
    10% haste for your team (Speed in Numbers, 5 auras)
    -20% mana cost (Altruist, 5 auras)
    +25% damage to all archon nukes and DoTs (Rising Vengeance)
    +50% crit damage (Tempest)
    -8% damage taken (Elemental Link 4/5)
    +5% crit chance (Biting Cold)
    Pet Only:
    50% HP (Weathered)
    50% Damage (Force of Nature)
    50% Damage (Planar Expansion -Air and Fire only)
    8% Damage (Elemental Link 4/5)
    +3 Charge each pet attack (Synergize)

Active:
    +50% spell damage, +100% pet damage for 20s. 2m (Intensify Elements)
    +10% spellpower for X seconds on a 3m CD. (Waning Power)
    +10% spell damage that consumes charge with no CD. (Power Drain)
    +30% crit chance for 8 seconds. 30s CD. (Earthen Barrage)
    +X Int (Landslide)
    +X Int/Wis (Pillaging Stone, offset by aura)
    +X End (Searing Vitality, offset by aura)
    +X Armor (Ashen Defense, offset by aura)
    +X Resists (Crumbling Resistance, offset by aura)
    +10% haste (Lingering Dust, offset by aura -or- +18% haste to self, 4 auras)

I guess the real question for this to be a viable endgame spec is how much damage Archon nukes are capable of with all these modifiers.

I haven't gone too deep in elementalist in Beta 4, so if anyone has can you tell me what Air Elementals electrify buff does exactly?

Ascendant

The only unfortunate part about this is that if Kelari racial does not get nerfed I will be forced to roll defiant just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    The only unfortunate part about this is that if Kelari racial does not get nerfed I will be forced to roll defiant just for that.
    Indeed as it is, the only reason not to roll a Kelari mage is if your already commited to a Guardian guild, or you have an extreme dislike with the visuals of Kelari.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    I haven't gone too deep in elementalist in Beta 4, so if anyone has can you tell me what Air Elementals electrify buff does exactly?
    Really curious, Google fails me.

Electrify adds a moderate amount of spell power to your group for 15 sec with a 30 sec cooldown. And the only unfortunate thing about kelari racial is that it's so much overrated that hordes of ppl will roll a kelari for it and then regret their choice for the rest of the game. And it is likely to get nerfed to even worse based on the amount of whine in the forums.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seidon View Post
    Electrify adds a moderate amount of spell power to your group for 15 sec with a 30 sec cooldown. And the only unfortunate thing about kelari racial is that it's so much overrated that hordes of ppl will roll a kelari for it and then regret their choice for the rest of the game. And it is likely to get nerfed to even worse based on the amount of whine in the forums.
    How is Kelari racial overrated? It does exactly what it says it does. The only regret is going to be the queue time for being Defiant imo. Hell, even the Kelari passive is overpowered. Bahmi racial is going to be insane end game too.

Anyway, thanks for the info on electrify. Is it % based or flat number that scales with rank?
    Last edited by Stimuz; 01-17-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Kelari passive is not going anywhere long if the crit chance remains within 15-30% bracket which is likely atm. Even with 50% crit chance it would not really be overpowered. Better then other racials, but not a powerhouse. Like a 1.5-2% increase in dps. Kelari active is overrated. It increases your crit chance by 100/80/60/40/20% for the next several abilities you use, and it gets consumed by procs and dot ticks, and has a 5 minute cooldown.

Anyway, thanks for the info on electrify. Is it % based or flat number that scales with rank?
    It's a fixed amount which scales with ranks and there is a talent in ele to further boost it.
    Last edited by Seidon; 01-17-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Ascendant

Kelari passive is not going anywhere long if the crit chance remains within 15-30% bracket which is likely atm. Even with 50% crit chance it would not really be overpowered. Better then other racials, but not a powerhouse. Like a 1.5-2% increase in dps. Kelari active is overrated. It increases your crit chance by 100/80/60/40/20% for the next several abilities you use, and it gets consumed by procs and dot ticks, and has a 5 minute cooldown.
    I still don't understand how something that does exactly what is advertised can be considered overrated. If crit stays under 30% thats guaranteed 2 consecutive crits, with a very high chance of 3 more crits. Also, every racial is on 5m cd, it's just few are as gamebreaking as this one.

First, the 30% crit chance range was stated for the passive.
    Then, mathosian ability is even more gamebreakingly overpowered for tanks and 1v1/small scale pvp, and getting 2 crits (with a 30% chance of getting them anyway..) and 3 more crits (in this case the increase from the skill is even less noticeable) is not going to give you any significant dps in the long run and in pvp...a +50% hp skill is no less useful in most of the situations. And it has a 5 min cd anyway.

Ascendant

First, the 30% crit chance range was stated for the passive.
    Then, mathosian ability is even more gamebreakingly overpowered for tanks and 1v1/small scale pvp, and getting 2 crits (with a 30% chance of getting them anyway..) and 3 more crits (in this case the increase from the skill is even less noticeable) is not going to give you any significant dps in the long run and in pvp...a +50% hp skill is no less useful in most of the situations. And it has a 5 min cd anyway.
    Pretty sure the mathosian won't heal you if you take a hit that would kill you. Eth is amazing defensively too better than dwarf in fact, so it's not like you just have the monopoly on offensive racials and thats it. When was PvP ever about DPS and not burst? Seriously, it'll get nerfed whether or not you want to admit it's overpowered.

Rift Disciple

You lost my attention here. Perhaps you should try an E-Sports game. Counterstrike is very balanced I guess. Some weapons in CS are different so. Perhaps Battlefield?

If you dont play a faction, race, soul combination because of the lore and gameplay it provides then please search another game and dont try MMORPGs again.

Shadowlander

Is there a place that lists racial abilities?

It gives your next abilities 100/80/60/40/20% crit chance(I assume over 5 hits?) or it multiplies your current crit chance by that number? IE 10% becomes 20/18/16/14/12?

100% crit chance on your first firestorm with +50% more crit damage sounds like it could be pretty devastating. 20-50% might not be so bad though. In that case you might own face, or own nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vair View Post
    You lost my attention here. Perhaps you should try an E-Sports game. Counterstrike is very balanced I guess. Some weapons in CS are different so. Perhaps Battlefield?

If you dont play a faction, race, soul combination because of the lore and gameplay it provides then please search another game and dont try MMORPGs again.
    This statement makes no sense.

I play both factions. Honestly I would never play a Kelari based on the piss poor character models. My wife feels the same way. If I'm going to play a game for an extended period of time then I would prefer to enjoy the look of the character, since in game I am that avatar. Nothing in the kelari models says *over the hill, worn out, red neck*.

I'm not going to play a defiant anyways, I prefer having at least some challenge, not a pve-mode pvp server without opponents.

+ Reply to Thread