Closed Thread

Thread: Bard/Marksman/Ranger

Soulwalker

Default Bard/Marksman/Ranger

Here's what I'm thinking about: http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

This build would probably be for pvp and pve grouping. Any suggestions? Think this is too spread out?

Your points spent into the Ranger tree are useless because you will not have access to a pet that is above level 35. You're better off putting them further into one of the other two trees. You're not going to do enough constant DPS to worry about enhancing it if you intend to keep the Bard buffs up.
    Last edited by Kiluvian; 01-16-2011 at 01:55 PM.

The points in ranger are fine, gives you access to snare shot and the attack power buff. You have added more bard points than myself;

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

Keeping buffs up and DPS'ing isn't really an issue if you macro the buffs, the Ranger points aren't there for the pet mainly the attk power buff, 5% crit and the snare shot. The pet is more a PvE tool as the recast time is too long in PvP to recast when die.

RIFT Community Ambassador

i agree this build does not look that great.

what exactly are you going for? you say pvp and pve group. you neglect to say your intended role. are you trying to dps? tank? buff? what are you trying to accomplish in this soul set up?
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

There is no need to have a combined PvE and PvP build when you can run a build for each without issue. You simply have a build focused on each, the build above is what I intend running for PvP, PvE would change and have a few more points in the bard tree.

Its hard to do a PVE group and a PVP sniper role.
    Me: Zamphir Pet: Panflute
    Bard / Ranger / Rift
    If Bards get faster for every point over 36 (full Bard)

I ran with Marksman/Bard for a while before realizing the power of the Riftstalker/Assassin, but I'd recommend something other than Ranger for your third soul. Go with Nightblade for the fire attack and melee options, or Riftstalker to Shadow Shift out of danger.

My opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Theres the trade off you need to make, a teleport on a timer (riftstalker), or a instant snare (GCD only timer).

Personally I found that 6 points invested in ranger have a really good payback, however if you were not going to invest any points at all into a 3rd soul then the free teleport would be the choice.

"Snare shot" combined with bard run speed is better than a 15m teleport imo, it shines even more combined with "on the double". Also "snare shot" give you the ability to help out team mates by snaring their targets or snaring players attacking caster/healers. In all honesty I dont see any reason a Bard/Marksman would choose Riftstaker over Ranger as a third soul.

Closed Thread