Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sixpax

Thread: Best solo class/souls

Soulwalker

Default Best solo class/souls

So I have looked around for something like this but all are outdated by a few months.

I want to ask. What is the best solo class and souls?

I am mainly looking for something I can solo rifts and do the content alone since it seems a lot of the population is at level 50. Also looking for something that can take damage as well. so not a 100% glass cannon.

Thanks

Champion

any of them

Clericic: inquisitor+justicar, shaman+justicar, maybe throw in some warden or cabalist depending on your needs, very easy to build a solo spec for any open world content
    Mage: 21 pts into elementalist gets you a pet that will tank everything for you and can be healed to full at the push of a button, your other 45 points can be spent in pyromancer, chlormancer, stormcaller, warlock, whatever you like
    Rogue: spec about 20 points into riftstalker and nothing will be able to put a dent into you, rest of points should go into assassin, with a few into blade dancer
    Warrior: I'm not really sure but I think a combination of considerable reaver, bit paladin, and enough riftblade to do some damage works very well, when you get raid level gear you can also go 44 into riftblade for a buff that heals when you crit, but it's worthless with low gear

Plane Walker

Not warrior. But if you must, then pally/reaver.

I am in the same boat as the OP. 44ele/22 chloro/0war is fun. I am 40 in blue/green quest gear and currently soloing elite 43cyclops for a quest. Rift elites works as well. Its not uber fast but works without dying. Just elite adds are a big no-no. Maybe when green.

Dont know much about clerics or rogues. But the few i meet in lower level zones are rogues with boar, elementalists, nercos and a few clerics.
    Last edited by drums; 11-23-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Plane Touched

Yeah elem / chloro is the strongest (not fastest) I've been able to build (playing mage, cleric, rogue, not war).
    Elem is insane at tanking + provides dps, but really not enough when the caster also takes damage (which happened to me a bunch in chronicles).
    Then tried elem + chloro and I've been able to kill everything, albeit more slowly (so I guess some elite healing things won't be ok).

Pet holds aggro well, takes dmg well, can be healed, and caster gets heals & mana regen also. Also works vs multiples.

Think necro/lock is faster vs singles, not sure if it can take the strongest things elem can though.
    But I think it's not as good vs multiples.

Then other secondaries are faster, but chloro provides lots of self healing, in addition to pet healing (not required usually cause elem provides stronger pet healing, but chloro does both at once) & moderate dmg.

I use 44-Elem/16-Chloro/6-Dom. That gives you the toughest earth elemental, more than enough healing, charged shield to help glue aggro from multiple mobs on the pet, and Transmogrify for times when he pulls too many elites. DPS is fair.

I can also solo the chronicles easy with that build.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpax View Post
    I use 44-Elem/16-Chloro/6-Dom. That gives you the toughest earth elemental, more than enough healing, charged shield to help glue aggro from multiple mobs on the pet, and Transmogrify for times when he pulls too many elites. DPS is fair.

I can also solo the chronicles easy with that build.
    Damn. Never saw that charged shield

I d like to keep Synergize, but i think i can move 6 points somehow. On the other hand then Greater Elemental has a AE damage with threat. Need to try both...

Quote Originally Posted by drums View Post
    Damn. Never saw that charged shield

I d like to keep Synergize, but i think i can move 6 points somehow. On the other hand then Greater Elemental has a AE damage with threat. Need to try both...
    Without the Charged Shield it isn't uncommon to pull aggro on the mobs he isn't directly attacking. His AE dmg/threat attack is good for establishing initial aggro, but not for holding it when he's taking heavy damage from 2 or 3 elites and you're having to use Quicken Elements a lot. That still happens even with Charged Shield on him, but much less often.

Plane Touched

Without the Charged Shield it isn't uncommon to pull aggro on the mobs he isn't directly attacking. His AE dmg/threat attack is good for establishing initial aggro, but not for holding it when he's taking heavy damage from 2 or 3 elites and you're having to use Quicken Elements a lot. That still happens even with Charged Shield on him, but much less often.
    I have no such issue, worst part seems to be the start when fighting multiples => Anything that comes to me I'll put the pet on until he has aggro.
    As soon as the initial aggro is gone from me, I'll never get it back.

Though my mage has pretty crappy gear so its dps is not great. Might be it. I've fought a bunch more than 3 at once though. Just takes a target switch for the pet here and there.

Don't remember my build here, might post it later on, maybe it has an influence on that (I don't use charged shield).

Quote Originally Posted by Thormael View Post
    I have no such issue, worst part seems to be the start when fighting multiples => Anything that comes to me I'll put the pet on until he has aggro.
    As soon as the initial aggro is gone from me, I'll never get it back.

Though my mage has pretty crappy gear so its dps is not great. Might be it. I've fought a bunch more than 3 at once though. Just takes a target switch for the pet here and there.

Don't remember my build here, might post it later on, maybe it has an influence on that (I don't use charged shield).
    More than 3 elites at once? I don't have issues with non-elites, it's during major rifts when my pet pulls 2-3 elites at once and I instantly have to start using QE to keep him alive that one or two will break off without charged shield on him. With non-elites I can usually keep my pet alive without even using QE so it's a non issue.

Plane Touched

More than 3 elites at once? I don't have issues with non-elites, it's during major rifts when my pet pulls 2-3 elites at once and I instantly have to start using QE to keep him alive that one or two will break off without charged shield on him. With non-elites I can usually keep my pet alive without even using QE so it's a non issue.
    Not major rifts elites though, I think I aggroed over 6 in HK chronicle a couple times when I didn't know the place, and never died because of it. Slowly grinded them down.
    Some rift elites are real tough though, won't be able to take as many.

Plane Walker

I play my pet actively. Means if i peel, then i send the pet at the mob hitting me. The single target threat works better then the multi target.

However, i tried the Charged Shield yesterday and i think i like it and keep it.
    Last edited by drums; 11-24-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Closed Thread