+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Who is Overpowered?

pro

Default Who is Overpowered?

Personally i have 1.6 to be a very good patch for balancing. If i had to pick a caing to be OP it would most deffiently be warriors. There damage is really good along with being able to eat my damage. But since all my pvp specs have either healing or dom so i have time to recover from there initial burst and kite when they are heavy vk. But seeing as if i see them first i have time to take a good chunk of there hp then cc and kill. Clerics are just annoying as crap when they have healing in there build and rogues i can transmo and run to the nearest healer.

What/who are you guys thoughts on the fotm class?

Plane Touched

id say possibly mages thanks to spark, and maybe rogues. and my mage is my main and rogue is my alt. clerics are fine and warriors might need a small boost to counter rogue and mage OPness
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

Plane Touched

In PvP, any class that actually has a healing archetype available to it will be difficult to kill, but I think most classes are in a good place, in PvP, although there are bound to be some minor exceptions. Mind you, I don't really begrudge the exceptions, since it's usually more to do with the player involved than the class itself.
    Apparently, those that cry the loudest don't want everyone to know that they have red eyes, and stock in a tissue company.

Mages have a ton of specs they can use to shut down almost every combination from each of the classes and a virtually limitless break free, silence remover combined with a get away every 20sec. There are many specs that they can perform well with top damage. Its been like this for a very long time also. Nothing has changed really. You won't believe how stupidly overpowered they get with R8 and a powerstone. It is just lol the damage they do and if you bother to use consumables you probably would die less than every other class or never.

I'm a warrior/rogue player and the mages usually pwn face on my cluster usually to the point before a rotation is done the character i targeted is laying in a pile of bones at my feet. Like a blink of the eye then they are dead. I'm just lucky to be in a cluster where nearly all warfronts been mage/cleric since 1.4. I won't lie there were some good things that came out of the changes to warriors but if you have the persistence to grind out an R8 mage you won't be unsatisfied.

Also, check your log files just because a warrior is in your face doesnt mean he is doing the damage. He can deal some good damage now but nothing nearly as significant as a cleric or mage.

pro

I don"t understand how mages are OP i think our ranged burst potential is what makes us stand out if we got that taken away all we would be able to do is survive. A mage that has burst is normally in pyro whose only real defense is flicker. Of course there is chloro/lock and chloro/dom but if you die to those you should consider quitting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    I don"t understand how mages are OP i think our ranged burst potential is what makes us stand out if we got that taken away all we would be able to do is survive. A mage that has burst is normally in pyro whose only real defense is flicker. Of course there is chloro/lock and chloro/dom but if you die to those you should consider quitting the game.
    I think its fun getting hit for 4k+ regularly, personally.
    Last edited by Robes; 11-22-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    I think its fun getting hit for 4k+ regularly, personally.
    how much valor do you have?

how much valor do you have?
    Right around 1k, I cant log in the check right now.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

pro

Im right at 1k also and i have never been critted that hard EVER. And i have yet to see any screen shots of these magical 4k+ crits so i really dont believe they are happening. IF you have proof please post.
    Last edited by pro; 11-22-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Telaran

Considering chloro/dom is arguably the best 1v1 or 1v2 spec I beg to differ
    Axill- P8 Mage
    Deepstrike
    <Server Police>

Im right at 1k also and i have never been critted that hard EVER. And i have yet to see any screen shots of these magical 4k+ crits so i really dont believe they are happening. IF you have proof please post.
    I got bis all slots, crap tons of planar attunement and around 1670 spellpower 43% crit in pyro. On a 50 dummy no buffs but self buffs, my fulminate in 51 pyro crits for 4.4k.

So lets do some math here.

1125 valor = 50% damage reduction in PvP? Or is it 1150 = 50%? Max valor now running with the 125ish favor pvp food buff is 50%.

So.. 4.4k x .5 = 2.2k

2.2k x 1.15 from AM 15% buff = 2530

2530 x 1.3 30% on crits from AM = 3289

This is max valor targets, if it crits, and if the target does not have other buffs like protect the flock for 5% more damage reduction and/or bard 5% damage reduction buff, also not including soul spec for warrior/rogue/cleric that can spec into even more damage reduction from justi/Riftstalker etc souls.

If youre getting hit for 4k fulminates now, you are nowhere near max valor, probably sitting under 700 valor.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 11-23-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Telaran

have fun watching ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaRlEKONxHs

lets just assume there are some people there with 900+ valor and they get crited for 4k+

Allthough thinking back more, under a perfect scenario with red ball, debuffed from a bard, debuffed from other callings that can add more magic damage to friendly targets who hit that target, i could see maybe 10% more damage under perfectly PREMIUM circumstances that probably very rarely occur.

So I could MAYBE see 3.6k tops.

Quote Originally Posted by yaruslav View Post
    have fun watching ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaRlEKONxHs

lets just assume there are some people there with 900+ valor and they get crited for 4k+
    Lol 900 valor vs 1150 is 10% more dmg taken, scaling up AM 15% further and AM 30% even further.

So in theory for every 1% (25) valor you choose to ignore, from other callings abilities you are taking 2% more damage.

Makes sense, if you ignore valor its your own fault, you cannot ask Trion to nerf a spec because you are ignoring valor they have avaliable, but you toss in PvE lessers or runes in the place of.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 11-23-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post

Makes sense, if you ignore valor its your own fault, you cannot ask Trion to nerf a spec because you are ignoring valor they have avaliable, but you toss in PvE lessers or runes in the place of.
    1st of all i posted the video since pro wanted to see some hits for 4k+ so i posted.
    2nd i didn't call for nerf, and i didn't said there were targets with 900 only i said in the video u can see some pretty hight ranked ppl still getting hit pretty hard .( and they might have much more then 900)
    i ASSUME that a max out valor target will get a 4k+ hit

also i didnot speak for myself since my war has over 1k valor with nice dmg output.
    So pls do not assume anything about me that i hasn't stated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast