+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reaver + 2h/dual wielding?

Default Reaver + 2h/dual wielding?

Watching a video from GamesCom, I'm noticing how much I like the Reaver soul tree. In selecting addition souls, might these souls unlock 2h and/or dial wielding? I realize this may be difficult to answer, just wasn't sure if this tank class will always be such and limited to 1h + shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Noktous View Post
    Watching a video from GamesCom, I'm noticing how much I like the Reaver soul tree. In selecting addition souls, might these souls unlock 2h and/or dial wielding? I realize this may be difficult to answer, just wasn't sure if this tank class will always be such and limited to 1h + shield.
    They have the ability, I'm sure, the skills are just for 1h+shield, so you CAN use a 2h/DW if you want, you just won't get the benefit of those skills.

I'm understanding your question right, right?

you do know as a Reaver you can have Champion or Paragon skills those will include your 2h or dual-wield options
    Greke- Sab/NB/Infl and RS/BD/Bard
    Magus Imperialis Magicus- Briarcliffe Server- PVP

If you watch the E3 Vids ( Yea I know they are SOOO Old) you will see a reaver DWing axes.

I kind of hope they go the big ole honkin 2 hander route for the tanks, I felt it went away from eq2 way too much, possibley b/c of the limited drops in later expansions but probably moreso due to the way they did their aaxp choices.

I have seen nothing about classes being locked from any of the three potential set ups of duel wield, 2 handers or sword and board. If they did tie restrictions to the classes, you could just pick the class with out the restrictions as one of your souls, making the restrictions pointless. For example if you make Beastlord not able to use a shield, then people could pick another class that can use a shield as a secondary soul. And as of right now their is no difference between Beastlord/Reaver and a Reaver/Beastlord, so attaching restrictions to your primary soul would be easy to get around. Most likely you will see the warrior class be able to use any of the three weapon set ups, however certain abilities will most likely be tied to a set up. Things like shield bash ability that would require a sheild to be equipped, or passive abilities like improved damage to two hand swords

As long as there are Great Spears, Spear and Shield and Halberds, I'm happy =)

Power to the Polearms! Down with the woodcutting tools and the carpentry tools!

+ Reply to Thread