+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shield charge vs. bull rush

Default shield charge vs. bull rush

Do they share the same global cool down?

no idea's?

Ascendant

Pretty sure they don't (although i didn't play my warrior as much last beta)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Everything shares the same "global" cooldown, that's why it's global.

Would they share "cooldown"? No, they shouldn't.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 01-14-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

They did not as of B4. Will that change? I have no clue but currently you can bull rush > Shield Charge back to back.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Pretty sure they don't (although i didn't play my warrior as much last beta)
    What I mean is they both have a 15 second cool down. If I use shield bash, will i instantly be able to use bull rush, or will bull rush share the same cool down as the shield bash. Sorry I should have been more specific.

EVERY ability has its own cooldown. If you have 2 different abilities that do the same thing, great you can do it twice! The great thing about that is you're not being penalized for going certain soul combos hthat have similar abilities by saying you can use one or the other but not both thus saving us from the cookie cutter builds that avoid clashing skills. HOWEVER there is a 1.5 second wait on all skills via global cool down, With cast spells this timer starts ticking AS SOON AS YOU START CASTING meaning if you cast a 2 second spell your global cooldown is over before you're done casting so you can follow with an instant cast the millisecond your cast finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaave View Post
    EVERY ability has its own cooldown. If you have 2 different abilities that do the same thing, great you can do it twice! The great thing about that is you're not being penalized for going certain soul combos hthat have similar abilities by saying you can use one or the other but not both thus saving us from the cookie cutter builds that avoid clashing skills. HOWEVER there is a 1.5 second wait on all skills via global cool down, With cast spells this timer starts ticking AS SOON AS YOU START CASTING meaning if you cast a 2 second spell your global cooldown is over before you're done casting so you can follow with an instant cast the millisecond your cast finishes.
    Most abilities have their own separate cooldown, but there are some special cases where similar abilities share a common cooldown. For example Cleric's shield spells and Saboteur's traps share a common cooldown. A Shaman/Druid/Purifier who just used Shield of Oak still has to wait 30 seconds before he can use Shield of the Ancestors or Glacial Shield.

In this case, Warrior soul charges don't share a linked cool down. A Paragon/Champion/Paladin could Bull's Rush>GCD> Thread the Trees>GCD>Shield Charge to different targets assuming they're within the 3-20 meter range. Alternatively a Paladin/Champion/XXX who wants to get someone away from a squishy teammate could Bull's Rush>GCD>Thunderous Kick>GCD>Shield Charge the same target.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 01-15-2011 at 10:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread