+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Screw this warrior, im rolling a rogue.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jerwel View Post
    So much wrong in one post.... let me guess your a rogue . First off he was referencing the pts pyro changes which lowers the pyros gcd to 1 sec for 5 points along with a ton of damage buffs. Someone else said that was just a minor upgrade and he called them crazy. Further, rogue time to finsher and warrior time to finisher is half a second different, and the rotation time is exactly the same. (1 rotation is 6 secs for warriors AND rogues, the only real difference is cp reset, which for a class having max range or stealth it evens out vs point carryover).
    You're completely missing the point; you can't argue that any one class should be designed around all the best features from other classes, and expect the it won't be out of order, when compared to the other classes. Warriors have specific advantages, disadvantages and features that separate them from rogues, clerics and mages, and each classes has unique elements that make them distinct.

IE- Mages have had the longest GCD in the game since release, and they're now getting one skill that will align their GCD with the physical DPS, if they spec into that tree.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tCOperator View Post
    each classes has unique elements that make them distinct.
    some classes are more distinct than others.

<<All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.>>

The one thing that is painful with Rift is that if you meet a stealth rogue you are dead. Doesnt matter what class you are, or what build you currently got running, you simply just die. And that in less than 3 seconds. If I can go in head on I mostly win no matter what class i run, but as soon as they go stealth on me Im dead. And they do all the time.
    You try take a flag in Codex, a stealth rogue is there. You try running the flag in Whitefalls and there's a hidden rogue waiting for you. Its a bit meh..
    Last edited by Magnuzone; 10-27-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

Rift Disciple

IE- Mages have had the longest GCD in the game since release, and they're now getting one skill that will align their GCD with the physical DPS, if they spec into that tree.

Lol... skill that will align their GCD with the physical DPS So they are getting nerfed???

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ahchew View Post

Lol... skill that will align their GCD with the physical DPS So they are getting nerfed???
    If you're done taking things out of context, maybe you could try and be somewhat more obvious about what you think you're discussing.... cuz I have no idea what in the hell you're TRYING to talk about, let alone what it could be interpreted as.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit View Post
    I was enduring the torture of playing my warrior alone in pvp, hoping the 1.6 notes would make a difference. all i found was pyro mages getting a buff (pyros one shotted my r6 war with a 2.5k cinder and a 4k fulminate) and rogues getting some more buffs(ns rogues killing me within the stun duration..)
    This made me giggle. Torture for a WARRIOR to PVP? You mean the class that has single-handedly dominated WFs since RIFT went live? Lulz.

And was about to cancel my subscribtion until i realized why should i have 15 keybinds/macros on my warrior and get my *** handed to me by r1 rogues and mages, instead of put 1 BIG BUTTON in the center of my screen and just aoe 50% healing debuffs..
    Was this serious? You can't be serious. Parachamps would like to have a word with you. Lingering Wounds would like to have a word with you. I mean, do you actually PvP or are you just making all this up?
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7AcbriAKLU
    I was enduring the torture of playing my warrior alone in pvp, hoping the 1.6 notes would make a difference.
    I think I see the problem. Well, good luck playing a rogue! Try not to fall asleep on the wtfpwning of noobs in the wf. 50 in a week, R8 in two, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenyth View Post
    I haven't been playing that long at all, But I already dislike what is happening, I see overpowered classes being buffed, and classes that are bad being nerfed, All because of the whiners on the forums. Do you even know what you're doin with pvp? because if it's not sorted outI'll probably quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Damn, I wish warriors could have a "minor" 0.5 sec GCD reduction in our trees.
    pyro has a ton of powerful instant cast abilities to spam right?

as i stated, pyro/dom is getting a nice buff it didnt need. 51 pyro is getting a slight burst buff with wildfire. sc/pyro or pyro/lock may become viable, still too many things in flux to be able to tell, but i doubt it will be anywhere near the level that chloro/x or dom/x is currently for most players.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

I bet the OP wasnt`t complaining when warriors were FOTM for about 3 months....
    2011-Waiting for weapon wardrobe slots.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    pyro has a ton of powerful instant cast abilities to spam right?
    not to burst your bubble, but not really. (fireball is not instant lol).

only people that haven't played with other classes .. or have an eerie desire to burn stuff play pyro in pvp. pyro/dom is good though.

OTOH, 1.6 will probably make pyro popular again.
    Last edited by ururu; 10-28-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    not to burst your bubble, but not really. (fireball is not instant lol).

only people that haven't played with other classes .. or have an eerie desire to burn stuff play pyro in pvp. pyro/dom is good though.

OTOH, 1.6 will probably make pyro popular again.

youre not bursting his bubble, that is exactly what hes saying. globals matter to rogues and warriors because mostly they dont have to cast, every action is a global. globals matter far less to pyros because they do hard cast the majority of the time, making globals irrelevant during those times, and making the change to global length a truly "minor change."

on the main point: If the OP is playing alone all the time, of course hes going to have a bad experience. its an MMO, wake up.
    Of course you lose to rogues who open out of stealth: the 50% that you would have beat remained stealthed and opened on someone they knew they could kill.

Some rogues ARE op. NB/RS is a prime example of a spec that is stupid and game breaking and it will be nerfed. QQ'ing and rolling a rogue knowing that the OP spec is going to get nerfed is a stupid idea, but after reading the OP's post, i dont think anyone was expecting anything intelligent anyway. theres really nothing to see here.

(pyros one shotted my r6 war with a 2.5k cinder and a 4k fulminate)
    Just how did you get to R6 and still manage to leave a very flimsy class alone for the 5 seconds in between Cinder and Fulminate? And call that 1 shot? If that Mage hard casted Cinder and waited to follow it up with a Cinder then that was 8 seconds in which you could have done something to mess him up. If he used a Pyromancer's Armor proc to make it instant, then that still left 6.5 seconds to do something other than stand there. Mages don't last that long under the kind of pressure Warriors put out unless they use a spec that specializes in survivability, which Pyros do not.

You sir have no idea what you are doing, and instead of learning you are simply rolling the latest calling to be OP in the pendulum of balance.

Rift Chaser

Those links are not Skrillex
    Last edited by IllusiveMind; 10-28-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jerkic1 View Post
    I bet the OP wasnt`t complaining when warriors were FOTM for about 3 months....
    Lulz, yeah. They were the FOTQ (flavor of the quarter).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    You can't cherrypick the good things about other classes but skip the bad things.

You want 1sec GCD then make attack points go to 5 to have the same effectiveness as 3 and have your points stay on the target so you always have to start from 0 instead of opening with 3 like you do now. Oh yea switching targets means you lose them. Oh yea you actually get full effectiveness of your finishers in with 3 points. That's 1.5x3 seconds so you actually shoot off finishers faster then us because we have to build to 5.

Now you can have 1sec GCD! Happy? I didn't think so.
    Why so ignorant?

Are you aware that Warriors cannot even use most of their finishers? Because they are so awful. Go ahead and compare the damage done of headshot, deadeye shot, final blow, etc. to Warrior finishers such as punishing blow, path of the tempest, and the ironically named bursts, which we only use because they are off global. Now consider that these do about half the damage in pvp that they do in pve. QQ
    Last edited by Wreks; 10-29-2011 at 10:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast