+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There is no Monk class.

Default There is no Monk class.

Been seeing a lot of information being put up here in regards to Monks being tanks or healing classes.
    Taking a look at Terapedia (good job Oc), I see no mention of a Monk class there.

Warrior

Paragon (high speculation) this has been said to be the Monk like dps tank in the game "Not sure if they have a FD." but there has not been any mention of Knuckles(if these weapons exist in the game) just dual wielding (all videos we have seen shows sword, axes and shields).

For Cleric

We have

Cabalist (Telarapedia)
    Justicar (Telarapedia)
    Warden (Telarapedia)
    Druid (Telarapedia)
    Shaman (Telarapedia)
    Sentinel (Telarapedia)
    Purifier (Telarapedia)
    Inquisitor (Telarapedia)

Now, I am no super Telarapedia genious but none of these classes seem to be a "Disciple" type class or fit in the category of Monk (I could be wrong).

Looking at this list and doing constant research in figuring out the classes within the game (again, I don't see a Monk similiar class other than Paragon).

Anyone know any more or did any figuring like I have been doing to make sense of this, please que in and put in input on what I have missed.
    Last edited by Malvane; 08-26-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Ranger/Marksman/? wanna be of Rifts
    Assasin/Riftstalker/? wanna be of Rifts
    Would trade these souls for a MONK class though

Cabalist (Telarapedia) - I see no mention of this anywhere on the Tela page, nor have I heard anyone else talk about it.

I still got my money on the Cleric Monk Class due to this picture

Quote Originally Posted by Ylvelill View Post
    Cabalist (Telarapedia) - I see no mention of this anywhere on the Tela page, nor have I heard anyone else talk about it.

I still got my money on the Cleric Monk Class due to this picture
    Hmm, really?

Someone mentioned it in iirc chat, when I was asking about Cleric classes, said it was on Telarapedia (Let me check).

Yeah, your right,don't see this class on the Telarapedia list, not sure where they got this from.

But still, none of these sound like a Monk/Disciple to me.
    Ranger/Marksman/? wanna be of Rifts
    Assasin/Riftstalker/? wanna be of Rifts
    Would trade these souls for a MONK class though

Quote Originally Posted by Malvane View Post
    Hmm, really?

Someone mentioned it in iirc chat, when I was asking about Cleric classes, said it was on Telarapedia (Let me check).

Yeah, your right,don't see this class on the Telarapedia list, not sure where they got this from.

But still, none of these sound like a Monk/Disciple to me.
    It woulf be a great idea to have a kind of disciple in RIFT, with some specials like "inner light" and "stance kick" (I loved this in VG).
    Cealani

Member of Twilight
    EQ2 / VG / AION

Quote Originally Posted by Malvane View Post
    Been seeing a lot of information being put up here in regards to Monks being tanks or healing classes.
    Taking a look at Terapedia (good job Oc), I see no mention of a Monk class there.

Warrior

Paragon (high speculation) this has been said to be the Monk like dps tank in the game "Not sure if they have a FD." but there has not been any mention of Knuckles(if these weapons exist in the game) just dual wielding (all videos we have seen shows sword, axes and shields).

For Cleric

We have

Cabalist (Telarapedia)
    Justicar (Telarapedia)
    Warden (Telarapedia)
    Druid (Telarapedia)
    Shaman (Telarapedia)
    Sentinel (Telarapedia)
    Purifier (Telarapedia)
    Inquisitor (Telarapedia)

Now, I am no super Telarapedia genious but none of these classes seem to be a "Disciple" type class or fit in the category of Monk (I could be wrong).

Looking at this list and doing constant research in figuring out the classes within the game (again, I don't see a Monk similiar class other than Paragon).

Anyone know any more or did any figuring like I have been doing to make sense of this, please que in and put in input on what I have missed.
    I was hoping at least the last unreleased Rogue class (before GC2010) will be the monk, but no way .. the good thing is; Rift allows to implement much more classes on the fly (no rela balancing issues with the current class philosophy.. so there is a good chance for completely new classes in the future (add-ons).

There has to be a monk that's the class i want MONK!!!! IRON FIST

Boo! Hiss! I require a monk class!

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

I believe Monk was mentioned by IGN's preview when the gentleman said that he SAW the Monk class mentioned (obviousoly I may be mistaken and if I am I apologize).
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

+ Reply to Thread