+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you could undo one NERF what would it be!

Telaran

Default If you could undo one NERF what would it be!

I play a warrior, and love playing a warrior. Trion has done an awesome job keeping me into this game thus far, and i doubt that will change anytime soon

That said, I like every other class have experienced the all powerful NERF hammer.....and later wished that the devs had taken a different route, than the one they chose.

So ill Put the question out, if you were dev for a day, what NERF would you have undone in your one day, and how would you have balanced it instead.

Ill start the Topic off with my ONE nerf, and hopefully people keep the format.

NERF undone: Riftblade overhaul Patch 1.1

[Details: Flamespear placed on Cooldowns, spears in general have longer CD's, damage reduced for Ranged Abilities overall.

Why Change Was implemented: Riftblade warriors were spamming Flamespear for ungodly damage, and was pretty much the only viable spec in warfronts. Nerf was implemented because it didnt fit the playstyle Trion had in mind

My Fix: No CD on Flamespear, reduce damage to better reflect other classes abilities of same type, and introduce other spears inplace of melee abilities currently held by RBs.

Closing remarks: The original RB was the spec that made me love the warrior. A warrior with unlimited spears, and focuses on ranged abilities, would not be hard to sell, if implemented well. When this patch came by it destroyed my PvP/DPS dreams for a while to come.

Thanks for any responses, and like my thread, if...you...uhh...like my thread(shameless like plug...its just like Youtube!). I needs the attention, so let me feel the love!!!
    Last edited by MacrosTheBlack; 10-18-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Bloodthirsty...
    Last edited by Morituri; 10-18-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Shadowlander

undo the nerf to fulminate . . . make it like it was before , they nerf the spell back when the red orb was OP, nerfing fulminate and removing the orb made the spell hit for 1k . . . not worth the 100 charge !

1.4 Hotfix #5 nerf.

* PvP: Reduced the bonus given by certain enhancing buffs during PvP only.
    - Teaching of the Five Rings, Weapon Specialization, and Rift Fury are reduced by 10%.
    - Slayer's Bearing is reduced by 5%.
    - Force of Will is reduced by 5% in PvP for each Soul Point spent in it.
    - Strike Like Iron is reduced by 5% when used with 1 or 2 Attack Points, and 10% when using 3 Attack Points.
    - Bend Like the Reed: Bonus is reduced by 5% per Attack Point used.
    * PvP: Certain damaging abilities have had their damage reduced when using them in PvP.
    - Paired Strike, Titan's Strike, Punishing Blow, and Frenzied Strike have been reduced by 10%.
    - Reaping Harvest and Path of the Raptor have been reduced by 15%.

This nerf killed non-Riftblade PvP damage. Now that everyone get the same valor and warrior reactives have a 1.5 second ICD, paragon and champion can't do the burst damage they had before. These nerfs need some reversing to allow non-RB specs to be viable.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    1.4 Hotfix #5 nerf.

- Teaching of the Five Rings, Weapon Specialization, and Rift Fury are reduced by 10%.
    - Strike Like Iron is reduced by 5% when used with 1 or 2 Attack Points, and 10% when using 3 Attack Points.
    * PvP: Certain damaging abilities have had their damage reduced when using them in PvP.
    - Paired Strike, Titan's Strike, Punishing Blow, and Frenzied Strike have been reduced by 10%.

This nerf killed non-Riftblade PvP damage. Now that everyone get the same valor and warrior reactives have a 1.5 second ICD, paragon and champion can't do the burst damage they had before. These nerfs need some reversing to allow non-RB specs to be viable.
    Absolutely this. Warr Phys damage has no doubt been over nerfed in addition to suffering from the Valor changes and ICD anti-burst changes. Please give us our phys damage back! You're precious rogues will still kill us well inside the uptime of their defensive cooldowns, no problem there!

I would just like to be able to hurt something without HAVING to go RB... You put points into any phys damage tree combo you like and you've gimped yourself. Yes you can still take someone out, but you KNOW you're doing less damage.

Undo the Pyro nerf in PVP. The damage reduction in PVP was not needed. The red ball was OP at the time and caused all the problems. Also, the vast majority of players did not have valor at the time.

Trion needs to revert the Pyro damage reduction (and it would be nice if they took Inferno back off the GCD).

But Trion has shown that they would rather make huge sweeping changes instead of going through a logical process of troubleshooting one thing at a time.

patch 1.0 mm nerfs, patch 1.1 sabonerfs, both made the rogue class useless for 4-5 patches.

the gutting of the vk class patches 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and finally 1.5... subdue still broken in 1.6 pts.

the death of the pyro patch 1.2, 1.3+

the warriors are not a ranged class nerf of 1.3

the clerics are not a dps class (beta unknown #, they have never had dps).

basically, undue every nerf and you have a much more fun game. in 1.0 every class was OP and thus no class was OP, all nerfs created imbalance since then, the game was more balanced in 1.0 than any other time period, i dare say it was more balanced in beta 7 with vk's being super powerful bringers of mage death (that were super squishy and died to warriors/rogues).
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Banned

Those warriors nerfs would need to be redone about 3 seconds after you undid them though - they were very much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Those warriors nerfs would need to be redone about 3 seconds after you undid them though - they were very much needed for me to win and not embrass myself
    Added some reality to your post, hope you don't mind...

second to Ferago's post
    Last edited by DemonRage; 10-18-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    Added some reality to your post, hope you don't mind...
    I don't mind - if by reality you mean deluded and juvenile attempt at wit........

1.4 Hotfix #5 nerf.

This forever ****ed over every warrior dps soul, in some ways directly, in others not so much. At the end of the days this was the single most outrageous, unexplained, poorly thought out, dumb-*** idea Trion has ever thought of for warrior pvp. Until it is reverted and a better solution found, the impact of this god awful change will plague our pvp experience in a negative way

I don't mind - if by reality you mean deluded and juvenile attempt at wit........
    Those warriors nerfs would need to be redone about 3 seconds after you undid them though - they were very much needed.
    ^Both deluded and juvenile... What else skewed and biased perceptions you got junior??

the elemental touch nerf. so depressing. a 2nd viable DW dps spec appears, and INSTANTLY after it becomes known it's nerfed into non-viability.

Pyro's in PvP. The single target specialty cloth wearing mage using a 51 ability is 1 shotting people. Uhh hello, thats what mages are suppose to do. IMO sore losers in great masses ruined that. I don't even play a mage but that was stupid if you ask me. Pyro's should be something you fear greatly when it's targetting you, prolly should be the most feared thing to have targetting you next to MM and Assassins imo.

I play a cleric tank.. I don't think we've ever been nerfed. We usually get buffed every other patch to bring us a little closer to warriors. I guess I'd change the shaman tree back to what it was in the beta. Thick skinned was 5% damage and the "heart of-" buffs were in the middle of the tree, making them easy to get as a tank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast