+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First time healer

Default First time healer

Ok with the rift soul system allowing you to have multiple rolls I have decided during the next beta I'm going to roll a healer for the first time in my MMO career!

Sooo I really like the shaman roll for some offense and I'm really interested in the warden as my first/main healing soul but what should I pick up as my 3rd? Purifier for some nice single target heals? Please don't say druid because I hate pets! I plan on pvping as well. Also, any tip and tricks you would have like to know when you first started healing. I have a great guild so I am not worried about screwing up a dungeon run but I don't want to be kicked if I do a pug. Anyway thanks!

Also would be open to trying a different soul other than the warden if it's not the best healing soul for a new healer.

If you're really going to be a healer, then having shaman to do damage will dilute your healing abilities. Damage abilities will not help you if you want to heal raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter232 View Post
    If you're really going to be a healer, then having shaman to do damage will dilute your healing abilities. Damage abilities will not help you if you want to heal raids.
    Sorry should have been more clear I picked 1 offensive soul to help with leveling. I assume I won't need 3 healing souls to heal low level content correct?

Soulwalker

This is the build I was planning to use if I decided to play a healer. Warden is the one that interests me the most, too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...17,5_&lang=eng

It's not perfect but it has all the +healing.

Prophet of Telara

I'd have to say, that I've never really liked playing healers... I tend to play mage classes, so I went that way. But the Chloromancer Soul in the mage archetype is a pretty durned good healer and is good for people who are used to mage archetype to play, because it introduces you softly to healing, via buffs and doing damage yourself in order to heal others.

I happened to pick it up as my third soul because of a series of coincidences and so gave it a go - and loved it immediately. It's introduced me to some of the intricacies of healing, like trying to keep track of who to heal at raids, targeting issues, mana management, using debuffs and damage mitigation as well as healing etc... but without me having to totally change everything I know from mages.

I reckon it's probably a good middle step to becoming a proper healer. ;)

X

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClegg View Post
    Sorry should have been more clear I picked 1 offensive soul to help with leveling. I assume I won't need 3 healing souls to heal low level content correct?
    Make two roles. One for leveling with offense in it and one for healing without. People are trying to make one all purpose role when that is not how Trion designed the soul system.
    We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Make two roles. One for leveling with offense in it and one for healing without. People are trying to make one all purpose role when that is not how Trion designed the soul system.
    I am not trying to make 1 all purpose role further into the game I will have a pure healing spec but at lvl 18 I won't have all my souls yet and I don't want to level all healing....

+ Reply to Thread