+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More pets?

Default More pets?

At some point are we going to be able to summon/tame different pets? Or are we only allowed the ones found in the ranger soul tree?

For 'ATTACK' pets, you can only use the ones you get in your soul trees (some get better versions later in the tree)

As for 'fun' pets, there are hundreds, some from quests, some from random rift awards. But all theses pets do it follow you around. I love the rabbit from hell

For now it appears that Trion is sticking to the pets within the trees. If they did branch out into allowing different pet "skins" for asthetics then that would be great. Otherwise the current souls are based more around the synergy of the skills within the souls, vs. a specific pet type.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Thumbs down

Probably my biggest disappointment playing the ranger class. The 2 pets I saw were just gross and I was super saddened that I had no other options. With all the beautiful creatures in Rift, they gave us an ugly boar and a wolf that looks more like a gorilla, come on. The raptor had better be like super freaking awesome.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

I would like to see more model variation, but the number of pets in the game is just fine as it is.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Natjur View Post
    For 'ATTACK' pets, you can only use the ones you get in your soul trees (some get better versions later in the tree)

As for 'fun' pets, there are hundreds, some from quests, some from random rift awards. But all theses pets do it follow you around. I love the rabbit from hell
    Yeah I figured they would stick with those for now, I'm also hoping they can add new skins because the pets are a bit ugly lol. I play wow and I'm a big pet collector I like variety but I'll be happy with what they give me

I love non combat pets I have 134 in wow lol

Soulwalker

I think the number of combat pets granted by the various souls are good but I would like to see different skins available for them.
    They can be given out by quest or from a merchant for a special token. I think that faction specific pets would be nice too, such as a mechanical boar or a celestial wolf for the rangers or skeletons wearing damaged faction specific armor for the necros.
    Pet diversity would be a nice addition to the pets system.

the pets in the game are nice, just wish they had more. Try a BM, only 2 pets. And the first every friggin warrior has cause you can get it and continue to level the skill with 0 pts in the BM tree.

I hope they add the option to change their skins, or different skins for different races, or at least factions.

I originally thought the CE/preorder pets were pet class useable. Guess not =/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    Probably my biggest disappointment playing the ranger class. The 2 pets I saw were just gross and I was super saddened that I had no other options. With all the beautiful creatures in Rift, they gave us an ugly boar and a wolf that looks more like a gorilla, come on. The raptor had better be like super freaking awesome.
    same as elementalist , the pets are bland and the models are "meh".......the greater version are just "bigger" and thats it?.........lame

there are lots of cool elemental models and the "elementalist" gets the most boring looking pets

fire pet where?

2 pets at once one attack one companion
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

I would also like more pet options. I think rangers should be allowed to pick one of several options that they "bond" with and level with them.

Must be a layover from my GSIV days but I loved that way of doing it.
    Regards,
    Minara on Sunrest PvP~RP
    an Ascended Soul who in past lives lived in EQII (AB) and GSIV but with different names.
    Never forget a small kindness, do not hold onto small faults.

Or heck, could even do something like GW did, and allow you to charm certain animals that you find in the world. Stat wise, I think they were all pretty similar, if not the same, but it allowed for different pet models along with rare pets, like the Black Widow, Black Moa, Rainbow Phoenix, Jingle Bear, etc.

+ Reply to Thread