+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any info on when we will have access to more souls?

Telaran

Default Any info on when we will have access to more souls?

In the current beta set up we have almost unlimited access to all of the souls of our calling.

Three are available very early and then a quick trip to town and we can "complete quests" for the rest. It appears that at some point we will actually have to do something in these quests, but I do not recall seeing a level requirement.

Right now, for just a few platinum, we can set up roles, each utilizing completely different souls.

I wondering if any information has been released that suggests at what level and at what cost we will be able to access a 4th (and beyond) soul. (I am not talking about the PvP souls).

The reason is obvious; I may want a tank spec, a support spec and a DPS spec that use more than three total souls. I want to know if I should plan on only having three souls available for a major part of leveling or if I will have access early in my leveling.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    DD
    Last edited by DareDelvis; 01-13-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DareDelvis View Post
    In the current beta set up we have almost unlimited access to all of the souls of our calling.

Three are available very early and then a quick trip to town and we can "complete quests" for the rest. It appears that at some point we will actually have to do something in these quests, but I do not recall seeing a level requirement.

Right now, for just a few platinum, we can set up roles, each utilizing completely different souls.

I wondering if any information has been released that suggests at what level and at what cost we will be able to access a 4th (and beyond) soul. (I am not talking about the PvP souls).

The reason is obvious; I may want a tank spec, a support spec and a DPS spec that use more than three total souls. I want to know if I should plan on only having three souls available for a major part of leveling or if I will have access early in my leveling.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    DD
    Personally I hope they stay similar to how they have it now. Having to close a rift for every new soul seems appropriate and allows getting all the souls by 15 - 20.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    Personally I hope they stay similar to how they have it now. Having to close a rift for every new soul seems appropriate and allows getting all the souls by 15 - 20.
    Maybe I missed that part, all I had to do was go to Meridia and talk to the Marksman to get the marksman soul.

Rift Disciple

I had to quest for my warrior's souls. Purchasing the 4th role cost me around 22plat.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by DareDelvis View Post
    Maybe I missed that part, all I had to do was go to Meridia and talk to the Marksman to get the marksman soul.
    that was in beta 3, in beta 4 the quest was updated a bit.
    still too easy/too dependent to a pretty random event imho.

Ascendant

They will continue to be quests in the main city, however they will surely be more difficult or elaborate at release. I am not sure if they will impose restrictions based on your level. They have actively stated that they don't want to keep a huge part of the customization of characters away from players.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nix-zero View Post
    that was in beta 3, in beta 4 the quest was updated a bit.
    still too easy/too dependent to a pretty random event imho.
    Lot of threads about this, and no answers from Trion yet.

I'm personally of the opinion that you should be able to get up to 4, perhaps 5 souls total.

like it or not replaying the game with alts to get different classes and such will bring a lot of replay factor to the game.

As it is now, any given player will only ever need a Maximum of 4 characters, and they can do any soul combination in the game.
    (8 i guess if you want both guardian and defiant chars)

Trion would be shooting themselves in the foot on re playability and available content if they leave it as is.

Ascendant

Restricting how many souls I could get on a single character would drive me away. I'm not an alt-aholic so the fact the game supports the ability for me to level one Warrior and be able to eventually use every soul on it is a major plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedallus View Post

I'm personally of the opinion that you should be able to get up to 4, perhaps 5 souls total.

like it or not replaying the game with alts to get different classes and such will bring a lot of replay factor to the game.

As it is now, any given player will only ever need a Maximum of 4 characters, and they can do any soul combination in the game.

Trion would be shooting themselves in the foot on re playability and available content if they leave it as is.
    100% disagree. I and many others were drawn to this game for the versatility it provides with character customization. You essentially want to kill that off which is sad. I don't get the allure to power leveling 20 tunes and gearing them out. It is boring and burns people out.

I have not heard a single reasonable argument for reducing the number of souls available per character.
    Of By For

I think they should have it so Planar Shards are tradable with like 100 of those stone things you get (sourcestone?). I problem is I want to get Shaman/Justicar/Druid but but the time I'm level 20ish I want to be able to do the complete opposite and get into my Purifier/Warden/Sentinel role if I end up being a Shaman/Justicar/Druid until level 30+ to get my 4-6th soul then I'm just going miss out in the early. I could go for Shaman/Warden/Sentinel that is an insight most people won't have when they're starting to play.

Rea

whoever levels that many chars to max, does that because he actually enjoys it
    if you enjoy leveling you have still the opportunity to level a 2nd cleric with different souls

Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    I had to quest for my warrior's souls. Purchasing the 4th role cost me around 22plat.
    Holy Crap where did you buy them at? I bought my extra role slots for 30 silver off the first warrior trainer just after completing the newbie instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Happygoten View Post
    I think they should have it so Planar Shards are tradable with like 100 of those stone things you get (sourcestone?). I problem is I want to get Shaman/Justicar/Druid but but the time I'm level 20ish I want to be able to do the complete opposite and get into my Purifier/Warden/Sentinel role if I end up being a Shaman/Justicar/Druid until level 30+ to get my 4-6th soul then I'm just going miss out in the early. I could go for Shaman/Warden/Sentinel that is an insight most people won't have when they're starting to play.
    That is why I like the way it was in B4. Killing a rift can be done by a group around level 12 or so. Technically it would be possible to get every soul around the level 15 range which to me is perfect.
    Of By For

Ascendant

But not every rift results in a Planar Shard?

Rift Master

I disagree, this would just kill the basic concept.
    the replayability thing is pretty crap, just replace it with more horizontal content - its a lot better to give players something new to do than ask them to do the exact same thing over and over and over.
    in all my games I always have a page full of different characters - sometimes its fun, sometimes the game just force me to make them.
    when its fun I would have done them just for the fun of it, no "reward" needed, when I get forced its annoying whatever the "reward".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast