+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Trion, you need to balance the races for this to be a success.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default Trion, you need to balance the races for this to be a success.

    First :

    I was glad to get into the beta, its was a great experience, stable enviroment, my fps was lower than i expected for my high end system though.

    The issue :

    The racials for the different factions need to be more balanced or there will be a huge faction imbalance.

    If il buy the game, it would be on pve server, i dont like to mix pve with pvp, id like to quest in peace BUT I also love pvp and i will be in those battle grounds smashing heads. Now if you look at the racials, at end game, pvp will not be a fun thing to do.

    One race with 30% healing and then the other with 50% " self healing" ?

    one race with auto crits, thats just spell disaster right there since u easy can combo your most damaging move.

    Id rather see the racials being toned down, all of them infact, racials shouldnt make or break your decision on race.
    Last edited by thehelios; 01-13-2011 at 12:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Where do I see the racial abilities? I dont see them listed when I look at the races on the rifts website

    -Fyv

  3. #3
    Plane Touched wildcarde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, VA
    Posts
    272

    Default

    I'm such a newb... When I played EQ I chose an ogre because I liked the way they looked... Then I played an erudite because I liked the way they looked... When I went to WAR I chose my race on the way they looked... In beta so far I've chosen the races I like to look at... If you asked what racial abilities I had I would respond idk

  4. #4
    Rift Master Happyclam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    571

    Default

    I chose dwarf because of their ability then ended up actually not using it once the whole time I played.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    112

    Default

    MM balance?
    Ok dwarf on one side of the scale and everyone else on the other side and weight wise we will be balanced, so long as noone is in armor or hiding any weapons.

  6. #6
    Champion ComaEtilico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Italy/The Edge of chaos
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcarde View Post
    I'm such a newb... When I played EQ I chose an ogre because I liked the way they looked... Then I played an erudite because I liked the way they looked... When I went to WAR I chose my race on the way they looked... In beta so far I've chosen the races I like to look at... If you asked what racial abilities I had I would respond idk
    unfortunately most player look at it... and min maxer do this all the time... and in pvp server min maxer are everywhere...

    personally... I've played in the beta till now and will play at release a Kelari... this because I like the defiant side but can't stand the skin for the bahamy and the eth... but I've to say it... kelary racial (both active and passive ability) are way stronger than other races' ones... this has been reported via in game feedback and in the beta forum ... I hope they really look at it because it will be really sad to have a world full of kelari -_-' and over all it will be really sad when u will see people discarded for raid because "u'r not kelari... and I want an healer that can heal me better than how u can do or a dps that can deal more dmg than u..."

    I really really hope to never see this... but with the kelary racial as they are now this will more likely happen... well no prob for me because I will be a kelari... but it is really sad :/
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

    /end lore.

  7. #7
    Rea
    Rea is offline
    Plane Touched Rea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257

  8. #8
    Telaran duszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    You wouldn't believe
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post
    unfortunately most player look at it... and min maxer do this all the time... and in pvp server min maxer are everywhere...

    personally... I've played in the beta till now and will play at release a Kelari... this because I like the defiant side but can't stand the skin for the bahamy and the eth... but I've to say it... kelary racial (both active and passive ability) are way stronger than other races' ones... this has been reported via in game feedback and in the beta forum ... I hope they really look at it because it will be really sad to have a world full of kelari -_-' and over all it will be really sad when u will see people discarded for raid because "u'r not kelari... and I want an healer that can heal me better than how u can do or a dps that can deal more dmg than u..."

    I really really hope to never see this... but with the kelary racial as they are now this will more likely happen... well no prob for me because I will be a kelari... but it is really sad :/
    Hmm i going to play on pvp server, on defiants side as eth - even if kelari racials are better i just can't stand how they look. Also i find no fun / challenge in playing best ( op ) race/class combo and min/maxing - so no, min-maxers aren't everywhere ;)
    Early to rise, early to bed makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead

    No ale in CE? What a shame... :P

  9. #9
    Champion ComaEtilico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Italy/The Edge of chaos
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duszy View Post
    Hmm i going to play on pvp server, on defiants side as eth - even if kelari racials are better i just can't stand how they look. Also i find no fun / challenge in playing best ( op ) race/class combo and min/maxing - so no, min-maxers aren't everywhere ;)
    what I wanted to say is not that every player in a pvp server is a min maxer... but that there are a lot... (maybe I expressed my self in the wrong way sorry :/ ) and we will see really a lot of kealeri... in fact except for tank build and buffer build they'r better at anything else... (and a lot of buffer will probably have a second role for dps or heal and will find the kelari really appealin for it... ) they heal more (10% more healing on crit ) and the heal even more when u need it ( 2 auto crit + 3 enhanced crith chance heal... and u can use the 2 auto crit with aoe heal critting on EVERY target)... the deal more dmg (10% more dmg on crit) and deal spike when they want (again 2 auto crit to use on your most damaging skill and 3 other enhanced crit chance on the next 3 skill...)
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

    /end lore.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    People focus way too much on the active kelari ability but this will just have huge effect on lower lvls.

    With raid endgame gear let's assume 2 rogues will have identically gear, same skill, +100 % crit for both of them. One is an elf and one is a kelari.

    If both have 100 % of their abilities critting will the kelari due to the passive ability do flat out 10 % more dmg.

    Don't tell me that any decent raid dps won't go kelari.

    PVP wise i think will the Brahmi be interesting. 2 rogues both 100 % crit. The kelerai will do 10 % more dmg with his passive but the Brahme does negate 2% and can increase its dmg(attackpower) by 40 % for 10 seconds.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Why balance it? Then you will have everyone and everybody the same. Just like people wanting classes balanced, why? If you wanna do dps then play a dps class not a tank. We need individuality if not then it will not matter what you play as everyone will be the same.
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

  12. #12
    Champion ComaEtilico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Italy/The Edge of chaos
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Custom View Post
    Why balance it? Then you will have everyone and everybody the same. Just like people wanting classes balanced, why? If you wanna do dps then play a dps class not a tank. We need individuality if not then it will not matter what you play as everyone will be the same.
    sorry mate but I think there is a little bug in your reasoning...

    if a thing is far better than any other that can be used for it than everyone that want to be on top in his work will do that thing... so if a race is so such unbalanced to be the best one for dps and healing u will have exactly what u don't want... and so that everyone that want to be really good at DPS/HEALING will roll a kelari.. and u will se a really short number of eth healer/dps and bahamy healer/dps...


    balance doesn't mean that everthing is good at eveyrthing... but that IN YOUR FIELD u can have more than one option to be at good/max lvl... balance doesn't mean that a tank deal the same dmg of a dps and a dps have the same survival of a tank... it means that if there are 4 kind of tank there is none that is ABSOLUTELY better than the other 3... there may be one that is better with aoe aggro... one that is better at single target... one that is better against ranged... and so on... same thing with the dps... there must not be a DPS that is BETTER THAN ANY ELSE... there should be a dps that is better at melee single target... one at melee aoe... one at ranged single.. one at ranged aoe... one at magic single... one at magic aoe... also there sould be things that are bettere in pve and other that are better in pvp... this is what we call diversity... and diversity can be there only if there are'nt thing that are ABSOLUTELY better than everything else in their field...

    the same thing goes for the races... there could be one races that is better than other with ranged dps... or with buffer... but we have one race that is better than the other 2 of the same faction (and also of the 3 of the opposed faction) at: single target melee dps, aoe melee dps, single target ranged dps, aoe ranged dps, single target magic dps, aoe magic dps, single target healing, aoe healing... only the tank role and the buffer role can be done bettere by the other 2 races
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

    /end lore.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts