+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Kinda pigeonholed to paragon and duel weild asa dps warrior.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default Kinda pigeonholed to paragon and duel weild asa dps warrior.

    Only way to really get a crit booost in all of the warrior trees it to spec into paragon. i like that soul but i feel its a must to dps as a warrior and im not sure if i like that. i may make a cleric my primary mdps as they get added damage from crit in many of there souls. thoughts?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    I'm trying Champion/Riftblade in next beta. I never liked DW warriors for some reason. I agree with you on crit, but we'll see what heppens between now and live, or even the next beta for that matter--we gave Trion an earful for sure, lol!

    I really wish they had a sword and board dps option, like a gladiator...
    Last edited by Atar; 01-13-2011 at 12:44 PM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atar View Post
    I'm trying Champion/Riftblade in next beta. I never liked DW warriors for some reason. I agree with you on crit, but we'll see what heppens between now and live, or even the next beta for that matter--we gave Trion an earful for sure, lol!

    I really wish they had a sword and board dps option, like a gladiator...
    see i leveled as a riftblade/champ and then switched to paragon/champ with 0 in RB and the damage was so much higher and i was actually gettting crits. Stormblade was amazing but you need to crit to get the most out of it and the only was to reliably crit as a warrior is be a paragon.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-13-2011 at 12:51 PM.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    It does appear that any serious Warrior DPS role has to include Paragon.

    Not sure about having to be DW. Sure Paragon has some bonuses when DW but the game also has alot of "...deals weapon DMG +..." stuff which lends itself for 2hander s with high DMG amounts.

    I think a Paragon/Champion 2h build can be viable even ignoring the stuff from Paragon that requires DW.

    THat said.......considering Warrior is the only calling that can only serve 2 roles (DPS or Tank) it needs to have more variety is viable specs for DPS.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Bachmors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    I agree 100%

    The champion should have crit-increasing ability that is bound to two-handed weapons ... that way it wouldn't get too overpowered if you combine champion and paragon.

    But first they need to rework some of the two-handed animations (especially some of the bahmi ones look awful)
    Last edited by Bachmors; 01-13-2011 at 02:57 PM.

  6. #6
    Champion MadMainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Yes and no.

    For passive crit boost you are correct it is limited to the Para soul, but not limited to DW.

    If you want more control over your crits Champion is the way to go. 100% chance to crit every 30 seconds and you can have IF crit 100% of the time. So the burst potential is there with less passive crit potential.

    I would like to see one other soul have passive crit increase, but not champion. Champion is already stacked with many nice abilities. I would not mind seeing increased crit chance in RB as many of the talents now are dependent on crit.
    Of By For

    Click on the banner and join us today!

  7. #7
    Ascendant Ahrakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    Yes and no.

    For passive crit boost you are correct it is limited to the Para soul, but not limited to DW.

    If you want more control over your crits Champion is the way to go. 100% chance to crit every 30 seconds and you can have IF crit 100% of the time. So the burst potential is there with less passive crit potential.

    I would like to see one other soul have passive crit increase, but not champion. Champion is already stacked with many nice abilities. I would not mind seeing increased crit chance in RB as many of the talents now are dependent on crit.
    I wouldn't mind if they swapped out the 0pt Storm Blade "boost" with an increased chance to crit on elemental attacks only. Flat out crit rate would be nice, but might become a bit too much.
    Last edited by Ahrakis; 01-13-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II



    Sanity's Requiem

  8. #8
    Champion MadMainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrakis View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they swapped out the 0pt Storm Blade "boost" with an increased chance to crit on elemental attacks only. Flat out crit rate would be nice, but might become a bit too much.
    With the 21% crit dmg for elemental attacks the next rank up it would certainly get my attention. Another option is in BM with the 2nd tier talent that increases pet crit chance... add crit chance for the player as well. Right now I have very limited use for BM in any build other than solo PvE. That would make it more attractive.
    Of By For

    Click on the banner and join us today!

  9. #9
    Ascendant Ahrakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    With the 21% crit dmg for elemental attacks the next rank up it would certainly get my attention. Another option is in BM with the 2nd tier talent that increases pet crit chance... add crit chance for the player as well. Right now I have very limited use for BM in any build other than solo PvE. That would make it more attractive.
    I was using BM towards the end to combine it with the Para for the direct damage, and the Riftblade for a couple more DoTs... Combined with the amount of BM DoTs, I could finally chip away at well played Wardens.

    On the whole though, I really thought the BM was better for PvE, not really efficient in group PvP.
    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II



    Sanity's Requiem

  10. #10
    Ascendant Onarye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    I agrree man
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

  11. #11
    Ascendant paspinall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    that sounds so counter intuetive when you hear that the champ is the crit based damager and the paragon the steady DPS, yet the para gets the crit.

    Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse


  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default There's another way...

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    Only way to really get a crit booost in all of the warrior trees it to spec into paragon. i like that soul but i feel its a must to dps as a warrior and im not sure if i like that. i may make a cleric my primary mdps as they get added damage from crit in many of there souls. thoughts?
    You can use Slayers Bearing in the Champion tree to get 10 percent increase to crit damage. Add that to the 5 percent bonus of paragon and you can pile up damage right away. This is probably going to end up being the DPS build in a couple of months, but check out my build I'm playing. It gets massive damage quickly...

    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0:paragon.3500
    Last edited by Twobull; 01-13-2011 at 05:02 PM.

  13. #13
    Champion MadMainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twobull View Post
    You can use Slayers Bearing in the Champion tree to get 10 percent increase to crit damage. Add that to the 5 percent bonus of paragon and you can pile up damage right away. This is probably going to end up being the DPS build in a couple of months, but check out my build I'm playing. It gets massive damage quickly...

    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0:paragon.3500
    Heh... You changed your post before I finished responding.
    Of By For

    Click on the banner and join us today!

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    Heh... You changed your post before I finished responding.
    Yeah, I caught myself. Still, with Slayers Bearing and three points into Intense Training you get 25 percent bonus to crit damage.

    I wouldn't say you're pigeon holed into dual wield. In fact, I would say you're pigeon holed into two handed weapons, if anything..

    It will be interesting to see weather dual wield or two handed is the best dps class. I would bet they are very close, but I would put my money on two handed weapons if I had to bet right now.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twobull View Post
    You can use Slayers Bearing in the Champion tree to get 10 percent increase to crit damage. Add that to the 5 percent bonus of paragon and you can pile up damage right away. This is probably going to end up being the DPS build in a couple of months, but check out my build I'm playing. It gets massive damage quickly...

    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0:paragon.3500
    Yes but look what i can do with a shaman/druid buildhttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...17,5_&lang=eng and get a lot more crit and get more crit damage and a flat 10% damage increase all with 100% uptime and 1 of my main attacks has an extra 30% chance to crit. There is all kinds of builds you can make between the 3 melee cleric trees all of the them would offer crit and crit damage increases. If i want to crit as a warrior my only choice is paragon and if i want to have a decent chance to crit my only choice is to duel weild. i would say riftblade needs a chance to crit on all elemental damage attacks and a crit damage on elemental attacks.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-14-2011 at 08:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts