+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee DPS PvE

Soulwalker

Default Melee DPS PvE

Looking for advice on creating a melee DPS PvE character. I enjoy using 2 handers over 2 one-handers and like the survivability of warriors over rogues so I'm leaning heavily towards a champion build. I threw in some Paladin points to increase survivability, but the 3rd soul could go a number of ways. Beastmaster for the pet when I am solo, Riftblade for Storm Blade, or Paragon for Strike Like Iron as shown in the build below. If I switched to Beastmaster or Riftblade I would probably switch the 2 extra points into something like Steely Resolve.

Here is the build planned out.

I will usually be playing with a static well rounded group and as a Kelari for increased crits. I have zero interest in PvP.

Feel free to tell me I'm way off base as I barely got to play the last beta, as long as you give an idea of what I should do instead.
    Last edited by Harok; 01-13-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Plane Touched

I also prefer 2h for warriors, and I'm going Champ/Rift next beta. Riftblade has been getting strong reviews--even as a 0 pt. soul, Riftblade will give you a weapon enchant for life! I also like the idea of a melee hunter getting bloody with his pet, so I'll probably try Champ/BM too.

I don't see any need for Paladin. If you want more endurance Reaver has 15% as a 5 pt. base ability, but I'd consider some points in VK, which get you the pact--and there is the stacking strength pact in the next tier, which goes with your dps objective.

If you have a problem soloing (which I doubt) pick up herbalism and alchemy (or whatever they call it in Rift), for healing potions. Also, you heal out of combat super-fast in Rift, kind of like in WAR; it's not like WoW where warriors get ganked while eating after a tough fight.

Telaran

You might think about just going champion as main class with riftblade as side with just the min bonus skill points in it for the ranged fire bolt to pull mobs to you or stand off damage/kill when you need to.

You could also go Shaman with a side of Druid and Justicar if you're interested in clerics. Plays pretty similar to a Warrior, has good survivability too. Only bad thing is Shamans don't have a whole lot of attacks, due to their massive variety of self-buffs.
    Last edited by Carden; 01-13-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harok View Post
    Looking for advice on creating a melee DPS PvE character. I enjoy using 2 handers over 2 one-handers and like the survivability of warriors over rogues so I'm leaning heavily towards a champion build. I threw in some Paladin points to increase survivability, but the 3rd soul could go a number of ways. Beastmaster for the pet when I am solo, Riftblade for Storm Blade, or Paragon for Strike Like Iron as shown in the build below. If I switched to Beastmaster or Riftblade I would probably switch the 2 extra points into something like Steely Resolve.

Here is the build planned out.

I will usually be playing with a static well rounded group and as a Kelari for increased crits. I have zero interest in PvP.

Feel free to tell me I'm way off base as I barely got to play the last beta, as long as you give an idea of what I should do instead.
    If you really want a solid 2 handed dps class for PvE I would suggest dumping Paladin all together. I leveled my tank as a Beastmaster/Champion for solo and PvP play with excellent results. Both souls enhance one another in a variety of ways and you will find a MUCH better dps boost from those two souls. The same could be said by mixing in Riftblade over Paladin as Paladins revolve around shields and damage mitigation, not dps.

My build was something like this at 27:
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0500:riftblade.

While end game I would be leaning moer towards this for a pure PvE spec:
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0500:riftblade.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

+ Reply to Thread